Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:44 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Rep. Ron Paul has hope in upcoming generation - Saturday, Apr. 16, 2011

I just wish Ron Paul was younger We really
need someone in the WH that realizes IT IS
OUR MILITARY SPENDING THAT WILL KILL THIS
COUNTRY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 06:30 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
If I were him I'd have hope too. Lots of idiots believing in simple catch phrases like "all government is bad" and whatever crap they're trying to peddle.

If I were a Wall Street exec or somone rich I'd also be excited. Ron Paul's policies are a gift to the rich: free reign to do whatever they like because of blind faith that the market will fix all wrongs.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:13 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
I think the free market can better fix the economy than politicians can.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:16 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
If I were him I'd have hope too. Lots of idiots believing in simple catch phrases like "all government is bad" and whatever crap they're trying to peddle.

If I were a Wall Street exec or somone rich I'd also be excited. Ron Paul's policies are a gift to the rich: free reign to do whatever they like because of blind faith that the market will fix all wrongs.
Hows all that government regulation and cronyism been working

Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Rep. Ron Paul has hope in upcoming generation - Saturday, Apr. 16, 2011

I just wish Ron Paul was younger We really
need someone in the WH that realizes IT IS
OUR MILITARY SPENDING THAT WILL KILL THIS
COUNTRY.
I agree with some of what he says, but he is a little to anti military spending for me. That being said, yes, too bad he isn't a litle younger. I read today he is forming a committee so he might actually decide to run. He will not get the nomination

Nita

Old 04-16-2011, 10:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Ron Paul just may be running in 2012. I hope people put some serious thought into this.
This country needs some serious austerity jolts so we can get back on track.

Nation Digest: Ron Paul edges toward 2012 presidential bid; District attorney says no charges in fatal plunge of New York mom, 3 kids
"GOP Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is taking a step toward a presidential bid in 2012 by setting up a committee to help him test the waters for a possible run."

Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with some of what he says, but he is a little to anti military spending for me. That being said, yes, too bad he isn't a litle younger. I read today he is forming a committee so he might actually decide to run. He will not get the nomination. Nita
Right, every American would be in great personal danger if our leaders weren't constantly starting new foreign wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc. for stated reasons that change with every press conference since the real reasons (profit and power projection) aren't PC.

Good thing we "won" in Viet Nam, Korea, Somalia, and all the other places we went to war--wait, we actually lost those wars! And the result was exactly the same as if we'd won: we spent a lot of money, got a lot of Americans and foreigners killed, and nothing changed.

When we have by far the largest military in the world, and are being bankrupted by it, and the rest of the world either hates us or knows we're the biggest suckers on the planet. We police the world so the nations that now rule it with great economies are free not to waste their own wealth.

We can keep the nuclear weapons and still prance around on the world stage threatening other nations, if enough Americans really have so little power in their own lives that they feel they must live vicariously through a militaristic empire. But we don't have to let the Baby Boom starve and die without medical care (considering they already paid the SS taxes that would have financed their SS benefits, though Washington stole and spent it already) to do that.

We are now facing the choice of having to rob the Baby Boom of their retirement and medical care in order to continue the insane warmongering and military overspending. I know what I choose, and I pay a lot in federal taxes.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Ron Paul has had hope for the upcoming generation for 40 years now. The upcoming generation however is more publicly 'educated' (indoctrinated) than any previous one. They believe in big government more than ever. I have no hope.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hows all that government regulation and cronyism been working
About as good as trickle down economics

Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with some of what he says, but he is a little to anti military spending for me. That being said, yes, too bad he isn't a litle younger. I read today he is forming a committee so he might actually decide to run. He will not get the nomination

Nita
It's the anti military spending part I like.
If he runs, I don't know, look at McCain.
I'm still asking myself, how he got the nomination I think it's too early to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies