Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 01:10 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't think so, but even if they were...so what? I would think in the heart of liberalism, where they suffered their biggest defeat EVER, they would be able to muster a healthy crowd.

Don't think for a minute the TP/Palin/Brietbart didn't KNOW the unions/Left would come out in force.

This was a "rub their noses in the pile of poo" victory party, well deserved considering all the Left/unions have done in WI lately. Extortion, death threats, bullying, trashing public places...that kind of stuff.

I think all that went over really, really WELL with the voters of WI.
It sure was satisfying listening to Breitbart lose what little cool he had.....and Palin screeching
like a banshee as she lost what little cool she had as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
More videos from the rally. Even with their "A" list star Palin and the Koch's busing in goons from around the state the tea party continues to crumble

YouTube - Sarah Palin Protesters Madison, WI 16 April 2011

YouTube - Protesters heckle Sarah Palin, Tea Party in Madison, Wisconsin

Old 04-17-2011, 01:34 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'd like to know why Palin was squealing like a stuck pig even though she was using a
public announcement system, could that have been a natural reaction to enable her
to be heard over the boos?
Because, if you put lipstick on a pig...

Old 04-17-2011, 01:45 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How exactly are we Tea Party members scary?

What is YOUR vision for America?

Mine is in the US Constitution.

I don't care WHAT color, creed or sexual orientation you are.

I believe in equal opportunity for all AMERICAN CITIZENS.

If you can't make it here, you won't make it elsewhere.
I've made it in America and I've made it elsewhere.

Somehow, I am willing to bet you have no clue about "elsewheres."

So, whatever. Go on with your Tea party route. I would hope, as a fellow citizen, that your Tea party agenda includes rights for all citizens.

You personally might not care what color, creed or sex orientation is but if you are part of the Tea party, it must be glaringly obvious to you that your base of political grouping is predominantly white. That in itself is not saying much, but to be perfectly frank, its the kind of 'American white" that doesn't do well with the reality of "minorities.' Palin America white.

I am part white myself, so no, I am not racist, but I will call out ANY group for acting racist and stupid, if even subversively. In my opinion, the tea party is a magnet for racist white Americans who could benefit quite a lot from studying up on history. I think the timetables of history will portray modern day Tea Partiers as a fairly ignorant bunch of Americans who cannot even fathom the stupidness of their own hypocrisies. I think future history students will get a HUGE kick out of reading about the Tea Partiers.

Laugh at Obama. Whatever. Every single president seems to face supreme amounts of ridicule. It's nothing new.

WHAT IS NEW is that we now can all take to the internet and argue and express our views. Fortunately, and unfortunately, all of our arguments are logged for unknown amounts of time. So when our grandkids research us and look back on the things we argued about, they get to see just how frakking stupid things were in our time in terms of public internet debate.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We conservatives do not need, nor do we ask for handouts.

That is one of the biggest differences between the ideologies.
That's rich! It really is. All these unemployed Reps, none of them collecting UE? And don't tell me they paid in so they should collect. Most are getting far more than they ever paid in. No reps getting medicaid or SCHIP? None on SS or medicare? LOL!

Quote:
Repeating yourself over and over again don't make it so, again there is plenty of
evidence to show the teabaggers were outnumbered by protestors.
But, doncha know? It doesn't matter, according to the titular head of the Colorado TP. The TP is always winning. Big turnout = win. Little turnout = win. It's the new math.

Quote:
I don't think so, but even if they were...so what? I would think in the heart of liberalism, where they suffered their biggest defeat EVER, they would be able to muster a healthy crowd.

Don't think for a minute the TP/Palin/Brietbart didn't KNOW the unions/Left would come out in force.

This was a "rub their noses in the pile of poo" victory party, well deserved considering all the Left/unions have done in WI lately. Extortion, death threats, bullying, trashing public places...that kind of stuff.

I think all that went over really, really WELL with the voters of WI.
That's just sick. Stay classy, Reps!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-17-2011 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 04-17-2011, 01:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
It sure was satisfying listening to Breitbart lose what little cool he had.....and Palin screeching
like a banshee as she lost what little cool she had as well!
Losing their cool? At a victory party? I think not.

Just look at this guy from the rally - the caption (when the video starts playing) says it all;

YouTube - Crazy Unhinged Leftist Lunatic Greets Sarah Palin to Madison

Old 04-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Losing their cool? At a victory party? I think not.

Just look at this guy from the rally - the caption (when the video starts playing) says it all;

YouTube - Crazy Unhinged Leftist Lunatic Greets Sarah Palin to Madison

Hmm, I guess Sarah inspires that much hatred. We already knew this. And wasn't it SP herself who allowed shouts of "Kill him" at one of her rallies (referring to the CURRENT US PRESIDENT) to go unchecked?

She's a loose cannon. Its amazing how much you people defend her.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Because, if you put lipstick on a pig...
If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Just a lipsticked porky pig.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's rich! It really is. All these unemployed Reps, none of them collecting UE? And don't tell me they paid in so they should collect. Most are getting far more than they ever paid in. No reps getting medicaid or SCHIP? None on SS or medicare? LOL!
Don't forget the ones like Bachmann et al happily taking their farm subsidies, Diane Sawyer interviewed a few new Tea Party members of Congress also taking subsidies who looked anything but happy at the mention of ending them.

Of course we'll no doubt hear from the right claiming they aren't 'handouts' but 'investments' in America

Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
How funny, because that's not what the actual video shows. Or the pictures.

This has GOT to hurt Madison liberalism.

See Photos Of Capitol Rallies - Photos - WISC Madison (http://www.channel3000.com/slideshow/news/27569231/detail.html - broken link)

Palin Speaks As Thousands Gather For Dueling Downtown Rallies - Politics News Story - WISC Madison (http://www.channel3000.com/politics/27569223/detail.html - broken link)

"In vain" is the key word. Couldn't even hear them because there was so few.

Doesn't matter either way - this was a victory rally for the TP, Walker, Prosser and a humiliating defeat for the Left/unions.

All is as it should be.
The fight isn't anywhere near over. Walkers changes actually haven't become law yet and current polling shows Scott Walker is well on his way to becoming a one term governor.

The Republicans can also pretty much write off Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio in the 2012 presidential elections no matter who they run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies