Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,951,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I hear white folks complain about how over 90% of blacks voted for Obama. They seem to be upset with blacks voting for Obama.

The question I always ask( that does not get answered) is, whom should have blacks voted for, if not Obama and why?
IT leads me to think that many whites just don't want blacks to "look out" for each other, you know, the way whites have been doing for years.

Trust my word, when we have our first Hispanic President, the outcome will be the same for Hispanics. Rightfully so.

Every race wants to be represented at "the top".

So white folks can YOU answer my question?
What would say if 90% of white people voted for a white candidate? Sounds like they can't think for themselves, and only vote based on skin color, doesn't it? Sounds rather racist, doesn't it?

Why would you think that Obama would look out for you just because you share skin color? Should blue eyed people only vote for other blue eyed people because they will ''look out for us"? How silly.

I couldn't care less what color our President is or what color is eyes are. Why does race matter SO MUCH to liberals?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Reading this thread is sort of fun. I watch on here as so many Whites freak that North America is returning to the brown continent of the Indigenous. It's different that when the drunk, lost Italian landed, but it's returning to brown.

The deal is, people should retain their culture, respect and embrace their ethincity whether it's Native American, African American, Irish, or whatever. Then, just respect one another rather than fearing everyone who doesn't act or look like you.
I could not have said it any better. I like the post but I really like the bold.

Great post............

Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
OMG..are you really this thick? Blacks have historically voted for the DEMOCRATIC party...Obama is a DEMOCRAT. So were Clinton, Gore & Kerry...and we largely voted for them. Seriously, why don't you get it? At this point, your lack of understanding is quite sad. .
LOL, are you serioulsy suggesting that Obama didn't receive a greater percentage of the black vote than any other candidate erve?

Quote:
And as I said, FOR ME, Obama's being both a Democrat and Black was a MAJOR bonus. If he were Republican, he would NOT have received my vote. So, your point about race being the main motivator is MOOT.

And I didn't say pride in his pigment. I said pride to see how far we've come as a race in this country....don't try to twist my words into some black power statement.

No need to twist anything, you may not be able to see it but it is crystal clear to everyone else.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, are you serioulsy suggesting that Obama didn't receive a greater percentage of the black vote than any other candidate erve?

No need to twist anything, you may not be able to see it but it is crystal clear to everyone else.
Let me ask you this, what percentage of Whites have voted for white candidates, pre-Obama?

It doesn't matter if the percentage is larger than past turnouts. This past election season had more excitement than any I can remember. People were interested because this was a political scene never seen before. Many people wanted to be informed...I heard politics being discussed from my office to the hair salon. And it wasn't just "Oh, I'm voting for Obama cause he's black"...These people were talking political points.

Of course there were Blacks who voted based solely on skin color. Just as there were Whites who voted for McCain for the very same reason. Why no outrage there? Just because he lost doesn't excuse the main motivation of why some people voted for him in the first place. The double standard is absurd.

BTW, no matter if EVERY Black person had voted for Obama, he would not have won without the vote of millions of Whites. Are you pissed at them too?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Let me ask you this, what percentage of Whites have voted for white candidates, pre-Obama?

It doesn't matter if the percentage is larger than past turnouts. This past election season had more excitement than any I can remember. People were interested because this was a political scene never seen before. Many people wanted to be informed...I heard politics being discussed from my office to the hair salon. And it wasn't just "Oh, I'm voting for Obama cause he's black"...These people were talking political points.

Of course there were Blacks who voted based solely on skin color. Just as there were Whites who voted for McCain for the very same reason. Why no outrage there? Just because he lost doesn't excuse the main motivation of why some people voted for him in the first place. The double standard is absurd.

BTW, no matter if EVERY Black person had voted for Obama, he would not have won without the vote of millions of Whites. Are you pissed at them too?
Great post.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,624 times
Default Skin color is skin deep.

Quote:
I hear white folks complain about how over 90% of blacks voted for Obama. They seem to be upset with blacks voting for Obama.

The question I always ask( that does not get answered) is, whom should have blacks voted for, if not Obama and why?
IT leads me to think that many whites just don't want blacks to "look out" for each other, you know, the way whites have been doing for years.

Trust my word, when we have our first Hispanic President, the outcome will be the same for Hispanics. Rightfully so.

Every race wants to be represented at "the top".

So white folks can YOU answer my question?
See Ron, blacks have many of these 70, 80, 90% beliefs. It just seems odd to people that don't. I find political group think cult like and a little disturbing. It suggests someone or something is "guiding" opionion.
Now ask yourself a question Ron. If Mr. Obama had white features would he have gotten 90% of the black vote? Just asking.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:

Who's pissed? I simply pointed out that there were a sizable number of African Americans who voted for Obama simply because he is black. I find this unfortunate in this day and age. The fact that you have no problem with that is your issue.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who's pissed? I simply pointed out that there were a sizable number of African Americans who voted for Obama simply because he is black. I find this unfortunate in this day and age. The fact that you have no problem with that is your issue.
Ok.......why is it so hard for whites to accept that blacks were proud to see such a black candidate. There is nothing wrong with that.

Don't worry no matter color our President is, whites still control and run this country so whites have not lost anything. Can blacks at least have a page in the history books? We like to see blacks in positions of power just like whites. Why is that so hard to understand?

How would whites feel if since the inception of this country that not one single white was elected president? Than all of a sudden a very STRONG and articulate white had a great chance of winning.......what do you think the outcome would have been. I'll tell you, it would have been a history making event.

Whites always talk about " I don't care what color..blah, blah" easy fror you to say when YOUR color is in charge of everything.

You'll never have problems seeing someone white at the top. Therefore it's easy not to care what color someone is.

But when your color is almost never represented, you give a damn!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:31 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Ok.......why is it so hard for whites to accept that blacks were proud to see such a black candidate. There is nothing wrong with that.

Don't worry no matter color our President is, whites still control and run this country so whites have not lost anything. Can blacks at least have a page in the history books? We like to see blacks in positions of power just like whites. Why is that so hard to understand?

How would whites feel if since the inception of this country that not one single white was elected president? Than all of a sudden a very STRONG and articulate white had a great chance of winning.......what do you think the outcome would have been. I'll tell you, it would have been a history making event.

Whites always talk about " I don't care what color..blah, blah" easy fror you to say when YOUR color is in charge of everything.

You'll never have problems seeing someone white at the top. Therefore it's easy not to care what color someone is.

But when your color is almost never represented, you give a damn!
Great post and very true....wish I could rep you again, but I have to share the love. It's interesting that not one person has said that Blacks should have voted for McCain...yet they're pissed that Obama got the vote.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Great post and very true....wish I could rep you again, but I have to share the love. It's interesting that not one person has said that Blacks should have voted for McCain...yet they're pissed that Obama got the vote.
people can say what they want, it clearly has A LOT to do with race. Whites just don't like that so many black voted for Obama. Bottom line.

Whites ALWAYS want to be front and center. I don't care what anyone in this thread says. Denial is a terrible disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies