Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Love The U.S.A.
Yes 89 65.44%
No 33 24.26%
Maybe 11 8.09%
Where is the U.S.A.? 3 2.21%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:03 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Not really... I was born here, I didn't choose to live here. If I were to evaluate all countries, I'd probably choose Norway, Sweeden, Denmark, or Austrailia. The U.S. would probably be in my top 10 - there's no doubt most countries would be much worse to live in.

But really, I have no pride in a country where so many people are stupid enough to believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, where there is so much religious extremism, where so many Americans hate their fellow Americans, where quantity is more oftne chosen over quality, where jobs are going overseas to slave labor countries, where more and more the wealth is being concentrated into the pockets of a few ultra rich and the middle class dream is nearly dead. Where people still celebrate a war over slavery, where gay people are still demonized and refused equal rights... the list goes on and on.

I will have to agree with you. We have been having government since what / the 1600's, and we still can't get it right. We are always in a deficit, we always have a problem, we work more hours than we are off................this is good?? I dont think it is so great.
Our president sucks, hasn't done a damn thing for us.......but is already starting re-election.... We help everybody, poke our nose into everyone's business, get shytted on.....
There is something wrong with us here in America......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 12:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Love the U.S.A.?

Defining love has been a difficult task for philosophers, and writers for centuries, so I am curious to understand what constitutes "love" of a particular country. I love many of the geographical features of many parts of the U.S. I love many of the cultural aspects of the American people. But these loves could be equally apply to the geography, people and culture of many other nations. In short, my love, while not fickle, isn't monogamous. So, it would be best to say that I have great affection for the U.S, but I also maintain affection for others as well.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
as a canadian I say the USA is A OK in my books and a darn good next door neighbor and long time ally and friend.

I Can't think of any other nation better than the US and Canada that are so closley related in terms of culture, values and and our long shared history together it is the only other country that is pretty much the exact same we even have the share the same english accent and slang when speaking in the PNW and the west coast.

I mean telling the diffrence between an American and a Canadian is hard to tell apart even for born and riased Canadian's and American's to even do. if asked about generic stuff like like sports and movies pop culture or anything else bought sold and manufacured north america. like hey did you see that new episode of house or greys anotomy last night on TV? or hear what crazy thing new charlie sheen just did or what do you think about the new 2012 ford line up?

I guess what I am trying to say is yes I love america and I love Canada heck I would say I love North america and our freedom we have here.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
as a canadian I say the USA is A OK in my books and a darn good next door neighbor and long time ally and friend.

I Can't think of any other nation better than the US and Canada that are so closley related in terms of culture, values and and our long shared history together it is the only other country that is pretty much the exact same we even have the share the same english accent and slang when speaking in the PNW and the west coast.

I mean telling the diffrence between an American and a Canadian is hard to tell apart even for born and riased Canadian's and American's to even do. if asked about generic stuff like like sports and movies pop culture or anything else bought sold and manufacured north america. like hey did you see that new episode of house or greys anotomy last night on TV? or hear what crazy thing new charlie sheen just did or what do you think about the new 2012 ford line up?

I guess what I am trying to say is yes I love america and I love Canada heck I would say I love North america and our freedom we have here.
Oh I love you too neighbor I wouldn't mind if Mexico broke off from the U.S. and it was just us two. But, I'd rather if we stayed separate nations, thanks Wouldn't be able to deal with----->

YouTube - Chaos in chaonada!

Skip to 0:50 and watch till 0:59

Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
of course. I have proof. I am not a liberal.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:49 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh I love you too neighbor I wouldn't mind if Mexico broke off from the U.S. and it was just us two. But, I'd rather if we stayed separate nations, thanks Wouldn't be able to deal with----->

Such wit.

Such an Intellect.

The Mexicans where here long before any of us immigrants.

I really love the UnBrain Washed.

Very telling.

So clean. Nothing like a good detergent.

Keep posting and keep us straight.

Atlas Shrugged and the world fell off of it's spindle, so to speak.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:51 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Love the U.S.A.?

Defining love has been a difficult task for philosophers, and writers for centuries, so I am curious to understand what constitutes "love" of a particular country. I love many of the geographical features of many parts of the U.S. I love many of the cultural aspects of the American people. But these loves could be equally apply to the geography, people and culture of many other nations. In short, my love, while not fickle, isn't monogamous. So, it would be best to say that I have great affection for the U.S, but I also maintain affection for others as well.
Count me in with this line of thinking.

There are a lot of wonderful things about the US. There are a lot of less than wonderful things about the US.

The same can be said about all the other parts of the hacked-into-geo-political-bits-and-pieces-earth.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Such wit.

Such an Intellect.

The Mexicans where here long before any of us immigrants.

I really love the UnBrain Washed.

Very telling.

So clean. Nothing like a good detergent.

Keep posting and keep us straight.

Atlas Shrugged and the world fell off of it's spindle.
Yes I'd love to break off from Mexico. But the best we can do is build a very high wall across the whole border. I wish Bush would have gone along with that, because we really need it.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Those who know the least about this country probably love it the most. Ignorance is bliss. Once you fully realize why those in power preach patriotism to the degree they do, and once you know the full history of America, your patriotism begins to wane.

That's why the Dumbing Down of America is by design, and it's also wickedly effective

Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

LOL yup headed for an elections because one side has a diffrent view on fixing the economy and what the govronment should spend money on and what should be cut and now they have no confidence in the current leadership and have called a federal election but want to hear something funny they had to reschedule the federal debate on national TV because of NHL playoffs I am not even kidding watch the playoff's means no one would watch the federal debate on polices and reform as we head into a forced election.

Plus vancover is looking good this year I hope we go all they way to the cup and the chicago blackhawks will need to win three games straight or we they are out so I have to say 2001 is our year to win the cup and GO! Canucks GO!.... sorry blackhawks fans but your going golfing early this season and no back to back stanley cup win for you

Party leaders agree: Don’t mess with the playoffs - The Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/habs-v-election-debate-leaders-want-date-changed/article1979036/print/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies