Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
The fact that you even tried to compare the KKK to this group is hilarious!!!

While they are both racist, one is basically a group of ten pip squeaks who have not committed a single murder and the other group terrorized the entire country and has committed untold murders, bombing, arsons, rapes. They have recruited and subjugated entire town's governments and business communities.

You should reprimand yourself for what you tried to do!!!

Reading comprehension is fundemental. My statement was "today's KKK" and you show a photo from at least 40 years ago... .

And that you defend a Black Separatist extremist organization that openly calls for the murder of whites says what about you exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPzZ2hHewIE

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-19-2011 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: video link added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 09:05 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Really? You managed to ignore the entire voter intimidation case buried by Holder's Department of Social Justice? Somehow I find that claim that you "don't even know who these guys are" highly suspicious. There have been at least a half dozen threads on CD re: the voter intimidation by the NBPP.
Suspicious? Sorry, but I DO NOT seek out information like this. And, as hard as it may be to believe, I heard nothing about voting intimidation at the polls. If it was anything like what the OP's video showed, I can see why it didn't get much coverage. Much to do about nothing.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Suspicious? Sorry, but I DO NOT seek out information like this. And, as hard as it may be to believe, I heard nothing about voting intimidation at the polls. If it was anything like what the OP's video showed, I can see why it didn't get much coverage. Much to do about nothing.

Didn't see it in my neck of the woods, either.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
So you think the Constitution is much ado about nothing? Weapons at the polling place much ado about nothing?

You hang out on this political forum a lot and we are supposed to believe that all the threads about the NBPP escaped your notice?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
How are they going to protest non-black people? They don't have enough members to fill a VW microbus much less protest "white folk". Which makes you wonder why some folks seem so pre-occupied with a inconsequential group of johnny come-40-too-damn-many-years lately.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
In that case there was bats and intimidation.
Sorry, but show us one example of intimidation, or is any idiot dressed in army surplus clothing and black enough to intimidate you.

To assume they were there solely to hurt white folk, say more about your views than anything else.

Nuts like this exist in most urban areas we just give them a wide berth and go about our business. The white lady in the video did the exact same thing, ignore them and go about your business. Strange I saw no intimidation there and you did.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Quote:
Which one was Democrat Senator Byrd?
Your statement is based on ignorance, don't try to make the Democrats of today the same as Democrats of the eighteen century.

Are you about to tell me the Republicans and Conservatives of today have my best interests at heart??!! No thanks, I don't need anyone saying they are my friend and calling me a monkey in the same breath!!!..

Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
[LEFT]The New Black Panther Party – an organization known largely for their
intimidation of voters outside a Philadelphia precinct- has announced plans for a “National Day of Action and Unity,” – ironically urging followers (on their day of unity) to boycott all “non-black business” on April 23.

[LEFT]“Because blacks worldwide are dissatisfied at their current condition,” the Panther’s announcement explains.

Read more: New Black Panthers | non-blacks | protest | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

__________________________________________________ _____________

What a prime example of flaming racists. If they spent as much time working on their job skills and applying for work as they do protesting, then they wouldn't be worrying about their self caused CONDITION IMO.
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

I propose a National Day of Entrepreneurial Action.

Start your own business!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
I don't even know who these guys are....they aren't even on my radar. I usually don't care to be informed about the actions of idiots. Some people should try it.
I agree. And I also don't care about today's KKK either. I guess some people just want something to be afraid of or an opportunity to demonize a whole group of people. Mostly just someone to be afraid of. I actually first heard of them here while reading through posts on CD. I did find out though that my husband knows a member. That particular member is a loser with no job and nothing productive to do so is probably trying to make himself feel important, which is what I feel most people involved in any group like this, even clan members are trying to do.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Definitely a black eye for Philadelphia and that city has a history of screwing things up when they're in the national spotlight. I saw a You Tube video of a poor guy who was a poll watcher whose job it was to go to the polls and make sure there were no problems or complaints. They wouldn't let him in the polling place. He was a democrat too( and said so) but let's just say the way he looked made them feel he was up to something. Cops stood by and did nothing and didn't want to get involved. The south gets condemned for this kind of backwards behavior but northern urban cities get a pass. Intimidation and knuckle dragging mentality deserve equal justice.
The guys in the videotape are goofs and thugs and the scrawny looking one had his picture taken carrying an AK 47. If we had an attorney general who knew what he was doing he'd have put these guys in jail.
Wrong.

Evidence That New Black Panther Party Did Intimidate Voters | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

HILL: [Shabazz] immediately started with ‘What are you doing here, Cracker?’ And he and Mr. Jackson attempted to close ranks. I went straight between them through the door to find our poll watcher, who was inside the building at the time…he was pretty shaken up…he was visibly upset.
QUESTION: What did he tell you?
HILL: He was called a race traitor for being a poll watcher, credentialed poll watcher for the Republican Party as a black man, and that he was threatened if he stepped outside of the building, there would be hell to pay.

The following are links to the depositions of the two Republican poll watchers assigned to this particular polling place.

http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/AngelaCountsDepositionTranscript.pdf
http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/LarryCountsDepositionTranscript.pdf

Q. Did anybody from the Republican Party come in and speak to you during Election Day?
A. No
Q. Let me be specific. There is a tall gentleman who was wearing a whiter shirt and blue jeans. His name is Chris Hill. Did he come in and speak to you?
A. Not that I recall, no.
Q I'll be explicit. If Mr. Hill is on videotape saying that he spoke to you and you indicated that you were afraid, you don't recall any statement like that to Mr. Hill?
A. No. I had no reason to be afraid. No.
Q. Had you ever heard of the New Black Panther Party before Election Day?
A. No. I mean, I heard of Black Panthers before that to now -- to just now. I ain't even know they exist anymore. They dead, you know.

Neither of the poll watchers, the one that the Hill and others claimed were being intimidated, even knew what was going on other than the media and police were outside.

The police were called and the guy with the club was made to leave the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies