Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Should this be free or pay per view?

Bachmann Would 'Love' to Debate Obama
Now that would be entertaining, we all know what happens when one of the wannabes goes on the public airwaves and starts talking, Bachmann is only slightly smarter than Palin, at least for now, we have not hear her speak as often but we have heard has not impressed. But first she has to make it to the final round, before that happens she has to eliminate those within her own Party and get the nomination. She does not seem to understand that she has to beat out the field before taking on the title holder, another clueless comment on her part.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Let us hope she can earn the required qualifications to engage in a public debate, by getting on the republican ticket.

But then, like every other (similar) politician, I fully expect her to get away with talking points and non-answers. Sometimes the moderators leave a lot to be desired.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
She ONLY deserves a crack at Obama if she gets the Republican nomination.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Let us hope she can earn the required qualifications to engage in a public debate, by getting on the republican ticket.

But then, like every other (similar) politician, I fully expect her to get away with talking points and non-answers. Sometimes the moderators leave a lot to be desired.
I agree, I never understood why the moderators do not just say that the person is not answering the question. A prime example was Palin, I lost track of how many times she out and out refused to answer a question, sounded more like she was making a speech instead of answering questions directly asked of her. Don't let them off the hook, either they answer every question or a big hook comes out and removes them from the stage
Anyway Bachmann will never win the GOP nomination so this is all for fun only, even I do not think the GOP is so brain dead as to nominate her unless they have just given up on winning the race for the Whitehouse, but who kows they can surprise us they did nominate Palin for VP.
Casper

Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I agree, I never understood why the moderators do not just say that the person is not answering the question. A prime example was Palin, I lost track of how many times she out and out refused to answer a question, sounded more like she was making a speech instead of answering questions directly asked of her. Don't let them off the hook, either they answer every question or a big hook comes out and removes them from the stage
Anyway Bachmann will never win the GOP nomination so this is all for fun only, even I do not think the GOP is so brain dead as to nominate her unless they have just given up on winning the race for the Whitehouse, but who kows they can surprise us they did nominate Palin for VP.
Casper
That's exactly who I was thinking of, although, it is a pretty common practice.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Are you suggesting that Mr Telemprompter is any better?
A jar of peanut butter could win a debate with Bachmann..

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking She makes Palin look well-informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
She is a citizen just like you and I.

Obama should care what any citizen thinks.

I suppose Bachman has that "any citizen" credibility, too.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Will teleprompters be involved?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Will teleprompters be involved?
Since you must ask that question, no, debates don't involve teleprompters. Teleprompters have been used interchangeably by politicians, media personalities etc off and on with speeches written on paper.
Teleprompter...

Teleprompter

Teleprompter

Although, debates have seen candidates wired like a suicide bomber...
http://moldfarm.com/cgi/moldfarm2/wp-content/random_image/bush/bush_wired.sized.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How does anyone have an intelligent debate with someone who just makes stuff up like Backmann does? Remember her recent speech in Iowa where she claimed the Founding Fathers ended slavery? She rewrites history and facts to suit her agenda whenever she wants.

Michelle Bachmann Founding Fathers Ended Slavery Speech (video) | NowPublic News Coverage
She would be more fun to watch on Saturday Night Live.

They could dress her up as a patriot and have her teach history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies