Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Go to Iowa and get married. I'm getting tired of you guys crying and making threads every ten minutes on City Data about how hard it is being a homosexual.

Be gay and leave the rest of us alone. Tolerance? Blow it out your ear.

Spend your honeymoon in Des Moines, go home and work like the rest of us day after day and shut up.
I don't live in Iowa. I don't want to live in Iowa. I want to get married in Colorado. Also, going to a place where I can legally contract a civil marriage with my Husband still wouldn't give me access to the vast majority of civil rights that civil marriage contracts confer.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
The poll conducted included 824 people. That hardly represents America. It's just another gay promotion.

There are more than 300,000,000 people in America.

If you want a poll that's meaningful, poll them all.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Um, that's exactly what people on your side say (and do). Marrying a women is not an option for me. Why? Because I'm a gay man. By banning me from contracting a civil marriage with another man, you ban me from accessing those civil rights. Period.
So don't get married. I don't really care one way or the other. But don't say you don't have right to--because you do. So stop your whining. Or, as Yooperkat said...if you absolutely must, go take a trip to Des Moines and get your "marriage" done, then go home and live your life, and leave us alone.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Go to Iowa and get married. I'm getting tired of you guys crying and making threads every ten minutes on City Data about how hard it is being a homosexual.

Be gay and leave the rest of us alone. Tolerance? Blow it out your ear.

Spend your honeymoon in Des Moines, go home and work like the rest of us day after day and shut up.
How would you feel if your civil rights were taken away? Would you sit at home silently content with not having them?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
What is your point, exactly? Both genders have the exact same restrictions.
Completely irrelevant.

Would you 'deal with it' if both men and women were restricted from openly practicing their religion?

Would you 'deal with it' if both men and women were restricted from bearing arms?

Quote:
And no...it's not just a contract. If it was that, you could just go see a lawyer to get it set up for you. For some reason you want to be given the title "husband and husband".
I'd actually prefer that the government not recognize any marriage. But, since that has a snowball's chance of happening, I support gay marriage as to do otherwise is to sanction legalized discrimination bases upon sex.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Quote:
The vast majority of civil rights that civil marriage contracts confer.

OK, lay it out for us.

What civil rights are you not allowed because you're not married?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Completely irrelevant.

Would you 'deal with it' if both men and women were restricted from openly practicing their religion?
Nope. Because freedom of religion is guaranteed in the 1st Ammendment.
Quote:

Would you 'deal with it' if both men and women were restricted from bearing arms?

2nd Ammendment.
Quote:

I'd actually prefer that the government not recognize any marriage. But, since that has a snowball's chance of happening, I support gay marriage as to do otherwise is to sanction legalized discrimination bases upon sex.
No. It isn't. Honestly...it's like talking to a brick wall. You HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME RIGHTS I DO WHEN IT COMES TO MARRIAGE. NO MORE, NO LESS.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So don't get married. I don't really care one way or the other. But don't say you don't have right to--because you do. So stop your whining. Or, as Yooperkat said...if you absolutely must, go take a trip to Des Moines and get your "marriage" done, then go home and live your life, and leave us alone.
Me leave you alone??????? That's bass ackwards. You're the one taking away my rights, and then you have the audacity to tell me to stop whining and leave you alone when I simply want them back? How about you leave me alone and let me and my husband access the same civil rights you can?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Me leave you alone??????? That's bass ackwards. You're the one taking away my rights, and then you have the audacity to tell me to stop whining and leave you alone when I simply want them back? How about you leave me alone and let me and my husband access the same civil rights you can?
Actually, I'd prefer to just have the status quo. You're petitioning for a change of law.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:17 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
And that has what to do with this argument? No one is saying gay people can't marry someone for those benefits.

Each gender has exactly the same rights--we can marry a person of the opposite gender.

Next question? You going to invent some other supposed injustice?
You post the same thing every time. And you refuse to asknowledge that where same sex marriage is legal, everyone still has the exact same rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies