Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
RD5050 you are just like Obama, out of touch with the reality of the economy.
Likewise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Likewise!
No, not likewise. Not even Obama thinks bull market=economic recovery like you do.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Dream on!

If only you could provide ACTUAL FACTS to back up any of your endless whining Republo-CRAP.

I DID REPLY WITH FACTS. Yours is just your opinion period.

Our economy is in SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER SHAPE since Obama took office.

Not so, tell that to the record number of people who have filed bankruptcy and had there homes foreclosed on.

Tell that to the 10 factories in my hometown that have CLOSED since Obama took office.

But you "Obama Haters" have attached permanent blinders to block out all of the great things Obama has accomplished, so you see everything he does as a problem.

We do not hate Obama, he dislike his policies and inability to make a good decision. He is a mistake a day dunce is what he is.

Let's start with the stock market:

March 6, 2009 - Dow Jones at 6,600

April 26, 2011 - Dow Jones at 12,595

Wow - If I remember did not hit 14000 under Bush?

That's a 90% (NINETY PERCENT) gain in just TWO YEARS !!!

Under Clinton before Bush is was around the 7000 range and Bush hit the 14000 which is 100% gain in a short time. 1 more up with Bush over Obama.

I don't know about you ... but my RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS are looking MUCH BETTER since Obama took office.

Amazing, you must be the only one as most have to work more years to make up for the losses under Obama and the dems. Higher cost of everything under Obama has cost those who are close to retiring and they have to work longer to make up for the money Obama has cost them.

Thanks to the great business plans of Bush I was able to grow my business and retire at an early age and draw more money per month then most Obama make in a half a year. Thanks to the pro small business of Bush.

Next, let's look at auto manufacturers.

GM was heading for bankruptcy when Obama took office.

Wow, GM has now employed more people overseas since Obama took over then ever before. Thanks Bam bam for stealing Americans tax dollars to send our jobs overseas.

Today, GM is doing so well, they may reclaim their title as the number one automaker in the world.

The Daily Home - GM reclaiming top automaker title

You can thank Obama for making the decision to "bail out" the auto manufacturers, and thanks to Obama, hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of automobile related jobs were saved (engineers, parts suppliers, auto dealers, etc.)

Oh yea, ask people who worked at company called Lear who shut down 3 plants and 15,000 workers gone thanks to Obama!!!

McDonalds recently hires 50,000 employees:

News - April 19, 2011 - McDonalds hiring 50,000 workers

Amazing that we can call 7.00 per hour burger flippers jobs. Most libs here complain about 7.00 an hire jobs but you try to spin this into something good.

Bet Michelle is going nuts knowing Bam Bam helped our kids clog their arteries with greasy fries and burgers.

This tells you people are not eating at home. No time for family life or they cannot afford to fix meals at home anymore because of the Obama caused rising cost of food.

Thanks to Obama it is now cheaper to eat at McDonalds then to fix a good meal at home.

National unemployment continues it's steady decline under Obama:

News - April 1, 2011 - The U.S. economy added 216,000 jobs in March, beating economists’ predictions and sending the unemployment rate down to 8.8 percent from 8.9 percent.

Decline, I thought it was NEVER going past 8.0% like he promised or did he lie about that also? And dont forget those who are being taken off the roles because they cannot find a job.

If only you could get your wish ..... and have Obama fail as President.

He has already failed at no ones fault but his own.

Sorry ... it just AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

President Obama is doing a GREAT JOB !!!

EPIC FAIL.

Especially considering the TOTAL ECONOMIC MELTDOWN that he INHERITED from Bush back in 2008!!!

Inherited 3 years ago and was given a complete control of congress, 800 billion dollars and 3 years later we are worse. Wow, he is sooo great isnt he?

2007 on was the dems problems because of Pelosi and Reid spending problems.

How much more time does Obama need to fix the mess? He only has another 1 1.2 years before we **** can his sorry butt.

Obama has been a total disaster.

Obama is the worst President since Carter and is one of the worst EVER if not the worst ever.

His record speaks for itself.

One failure, one mistake after another.

Cheer on RD!

Liberals do not have enough cliff hangers to win an election for Obama and he surely cannot win without mods and millions of reps like last time.

Aint going to happen again. SMART people do not get hoodwinked as easily as some.

Obama

Lame Quack Walking ------

Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
How much more time does Obama need to fix the mess? He only has another 1 1.2 years before we **** can his sorry butt.

Obama has been a total disaster.

Obama is the worst President since Carter and is one of the worst EVER if not the worst ever.

His record speaks for itself.

One failure, one mistake after another.

Cheer on RD!

Liberals do not have enough cliff hangers to win an election for Obama and he surely cannot win without mods and millions of reps like last time.

Aint going to happen again. SMART people do not get hoodwinked as easily as some.

Obama

Lame Quack Walking ------
Worst post ever.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Worst post ever.

How much more time does the hoodwinked crowd need for Obama to fix everything under the sun?

Do you have something to add?

Do you believe Obama has caused the stock market to rise? If it goes down will it also be his fault?

Do you believe then that Obama gets credit for all the other stuff such as higher gas prices, higher food prices, record foreclosures?

Talk to us if you know so much to make comments.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:49 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Once again ... more signs of our economy improving under the leadership of President Barack Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/bu...er=rss&emc=rss

Thank you again President Obama for leading our country out of its worst recession since The Great Depression.

Greatly looking forward to your re-election in 2012.

I hope you know that the "Dow" is NOT the economy. It is just a few stocks out over 5000.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Once again ... more signs of our economy improving under the leadership of President Barack Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/bu...er=rss&emc=rss

Thank you again President Obama for leading our country out of its worst recession since The Great Depression.

Greatly looking forward to your re-election in 2012.
Yep, things are really improving, of course you realize the stock market has little to do with the President don't you? Aside from that, let me fill you and few others in on some thoughts about the economy:

1-our daughter, who has 32 years with her company, started as a college intern and worked her way up to VP was notified Thursday her job has been eleminated, as well as 2 other VP jobs (her counterparts) instead due to finances they are combining all three jobs into one and hiring someone from the outside, who has been unemployed for over a year. This new VP will work for less than the others.

2-every major airline lost their shirts last quarter. Southwest did keep thier heads above water but barely.

3-our other daugther, who is not facing layoff but facing extra workload because the company is eliminating jobs via attrician. (spelling) Thus those leaving for whatever reason do not show up at the unemployment offices.

4-a school district, right here that would be considered small to mid sized (certainly not large) is using early outs to save money. 45 teachers will be leaving next month, none will be replaced.

5-our son-in-law doesn't want to raise prices on his customers, but he has 10 trucks out there and gas is up to $3.80 a gallon. Needless to say, their income is suffering due to the cost of doing business.

5-ice cream bars I bought earlier this month for $3.79 were $4.67 yesterday. Avacados, always around $5.00 for 5 at Sams, yesterday, $6.95. Baby bella mushrooms, $4.25 at Sams last month, $5.00 this month.

I think you get the picture. On paper the economy is looking better, I am happy everyone who is benefitting, but no, our President is not to be thanked.

NIta

Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Those of you bad mouthing Obama seem to have forgotten just how bad things really were in late 2007/early 2008.

The previous Democratic Congress and the Bush Whitehouse gave us the worst recession since the Great Depression.

Obama and the new Congress cannot fix all the problems in just a few years. They're going to need more time.... You have to be patient.
I guess you forgot about his "HOPE & CHANGE!" ...tell me where is the hope and where is the change? I guess he took all our change as in MONEY!

This morning at the grocery store the cheese I buy was up more than $ 0.30 per package, another piece of cheese (I'm from the cheese Country of The Netherlands ) $ 0.50 up and I can go on and on...

Gas prices up, mortgage insurance doubled!...Luckily I don't have a mortgage, ...

I don't see hope and my change is gone!

Just this morning I heard that 2 people I know have to sell their home due to losing their job...good qualified people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies