Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Mexico is now in total collapse and near civil war. The drug cartels are no longer 2nd rate street gangs but small armies able to do anything, anywhere and anytime. The Mexican Army cannot stop or contain them and is getting weaker by the day. Now the drug armies are stealing whole warehouses of Central American countries military weapons and supplies. This is a direct threat to America and is in my opinion a red alert! IF these drug armies can topple the regime currently in Mexico City and then invites in freely its friends like Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Qaida ect. and the Red Chinese and Russians well Red Dawn WILL explode for real. We need those American troops guarding the Iraqi/Iranian border on our Southern border! We got some serious fighting going on right now ON the Texas/Mexican border and over the last 2 years 35,000 have died there.

Drug gangs help themselves to Central American military arsenals | McClatchy
Quote:
Moreover, it puts police tasked with confronting the cartels at a sharp disadvantage, the cable said, because they "now have to go up against weapons from Guatemala's own military."

Further piquing U.S. officials, Washington furnished some of the munitions.

That turned out to be the case in Honduras, where U.S.-supplied grenades and light anti-tank weapons turned up as far away as Ciudad Juarez, the narco-infested Mexican city on the border with Texas, and on Colombia's San Andres Island, an entry point for weapons going to drug-trafficking guerrillas.
Don't you find it the slightest bit odd that Dept of Homeland security is happy to keep me safe from my own toe nail clippers and yet wholesale ignored the gaping hole on Mexican border after decades of lament about illegal immigration? Republicans declared a war on drugs they have no intention of winning if they've put themselves in the business of selling weapons to both sides. Strange coincidence the very same thing was happening in Afghanistan when private contractors were paying extortion money to the #$)%&* taliban, fueling them with funds to buy bullets to kill my brothers and sisters in arms????

When are people conservatives going to confront republicans over this deliberate play to lose strategy? Clean it up gentlemen!! Man up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
I did NOT say invade the place but to defend our OPEN border.
Agreed. Americans have a false sense of security there and have for some time.

Quote:
I disagree on legalizing drugs, which drugs or all of them? Thats truly insane, thats what they want is millions more Americans running around high and useless.
Partially agree. The war on drugs can only be won by dealing with addiction directly. If you want drugs, here are the terms and conditions- an abandonment of all other rights in free society subordinated to a work camp to pay for your own refusal to participate in reality. Fair, is it not?

Quote:
Who do you think will grow and manufacture these drugs for the Gov't IF it were legalized? Likely the current drug bosses will who now control the illegal trade. The drug "war" has never really been fought and was a scam to wear down the American people into legalizing it instead.
Let addicts grow it in the work camps. If they want irresponsible oblivion, let them understand it's volunteering for hell on no uncertain terms. I also don't care for the treatment in law forcing the majority sober to compensate for the drunken (dysfunctional) every which way. Injustice to the many, at great expense, is the furthest thing from justice they could manage.
If they want out of the work camp hell of 'will work for drugs', let them prove themselves to be clean and sober paying for their own wiz quizes for a year. The money they save refraining from buying drugs during that time is a deposit on an apartment, and perhaps 3 months of utilities, as they look for a job in reality. It is they that need to prove themselves worthy of the civilization they want benefit from.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:59 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
In its nearly 500 years of recorded history Mexico has never been a stable, truly free, prosperous nation. Never. From Cortez to Calderon. Mexico today is actually a more dangerous country than Afghanistan, with more violent deaths. To blame Mexican problems on the US is simplistic and untrue. For those that believe in historical trends consider this; Mexico had two revolutions that started a hundred years apart. The first in 1810, the second in 1910. The third was due in 2010, that means that it is slightly overdue. Mexico, as well as the USA, has a presidential election in 2012. Expect even more violence then, and the balloon could very well hit the fan that year.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
What we need is DHS at border crossing points and the US military patrolling the rest.
Barb wire, land mines and towers with snipers..just like other countries do.
THAT will put a dent in MASS illegal migration.

Issuing "Please don't come here" statements doesn't seem to be working.
Building a wall of essentially toothpicks didn't work either.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM

1,740 posts, read 957,609 times
I am simultaneously mystified and outraged by the complete lack of concern over the disintegration of the Mexican state and its descent into a violent narco free for all by the federal government and the mainstream media.

There is more violence and death in Mexico than there is in Iraq or Afghanistan, yet we have troops in those places supposedly for our "national interest". At the same time, our southern border is wide open as usual, with the federal government only implementing the most minimum controls they can, and only do that because of public pressure.

I keep wondering- Why is this? Partly I think it's because the elite in this country are still mainly northeastern based and mentally Mexico is a million miles away. The mainstream media is all New York based and their outlook and viewpoints pretty much end outside the Boston-Washington corridor. It is difficult for them to understand how people outside their own orbit feel, therefore issues like this get ignored.

The fact that it doesn't seem like there is anyone in the federal government who is worried about this has ME really worried. Is it ignorance, stupidity, or something more sinister?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:48 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I am simultaneously mystified and outraged by the complete lack of concern over the disintegration of the Mexican state and its descent into a violent narco free for all by the federal government and the mainstream media.

There is more violence and death in Mexico than there is in Iraq or Afghanistan, yet we have troops in those places supposedly for our "national interest". At the same time, our southern border is wide open as usual, with the federal government only implementing the most minimum controls they can, and only do that because of public pressure.

I keep wondering- Why is this? Partly I think it's because the elite in this country are still mainly northeastern based and mentally Mexico is a million miles away. The mainstream media is all New York based and their outlook and viewpoints pretty much end outside the Boston-Washington corridor. It is difficult for them to understand how people outside their own orbit feel, therefore issues like this get ignored.

The fact that it doesn't seem like there is anyone in the federal government who is worried about this has ME really worried. Is it ignorance, stupidity, or something more sinister?

NAFTA. That treaty requires the free exchange of labor across the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies