Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:37 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,091,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
He would be impeached.
Like Bill Clinton???

Nahh he'd beat the rap and go on to lead the UN...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 03:38 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,829,691 times
Probably nothing. Chester A Arthur's birthplace was never officially certified. Supposedly in Maine but very close to the Canadian border so it might have been in Canada. I doubt if a birth certificate was found.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:40 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,036,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Dusty,

Your reply is off limits. I asked you not to discuss whether or not he was born in the US.

Easybreezy,
Yes. Obviously the VP would be in line to be made president. But! Since he ran WITH Obama, if Obama's qualifications were not met, wouldn't that nullify the VP's position too? I mean, if they found out that Obama wasn't a legal citizen the day before election day, the VP would have been out too! If Obama's campaign was a sham, then that would include the VP's election campaign too, wouldn't it?

What I'm really curious about though is the actions that Obama took in office. Wouldn't they be called into question? What would happen to the healthcare bill?
You are really reaching here.

And if you truly wanted to keep it on topic, you might have posted something slightly different such as 'what would happen if any sitting President was proven to have not been born in America' -as a general mental exercise and even an opportunity for someone to look up the facts about what would happen in such an instance. I am sure the answer is out there to be found.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:45 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,215,691 times
For those that cannot understand and comprehend reality:

Obama's mother is a U.S. citizen.

His birth country does nor matter.

This thread is just more Birther stupidity.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:45 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,785,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
I'm glad that you finally researched this and NOW know the rules.
That's - convincing.

Quote:
When I wrote:

"unless you were born on a military base in another country you are not eligible to be president"

I was very obviously refering to a married military couple and not some soldier who got a local pregnant.
Yeah, that was very obvious. And yet, you're still wrong. The concept of a military base does not enter into the equation at all. If a married military couple - in fact, any couple where both have US citizenship - have their child in a civilian hospital overseas, the child's citizenship status would make it perfectly eligible to run for President.

Quote:
I think that you just love to argue but that's just my opinion.
When you make it this easy, why not? It's entertaining for me and hopefully educational for you.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:51 PM

665 posts, read 1,724,687 times
Smart people got my point

Old 04-23-2011, 05:01 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,785,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
Smart people got my point

xkcd: Words that End in GRY

Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 PM

665 posts, read 1,724,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

You quote my posts stating that you disagree and that I am wrong,

....................then you write the same thing that I wrote.

I looked at some of your posts in other threads and It seems like this little trick is a pattern for you.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:56 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,352,969 times
Default So what would happen if Obama was proven to have not been born in America?

He would become the laughing stock of the world.

Oh, wait - that mission has been accomplished.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,264,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If you would care to cite the relevant criminal statute, please be my guess.

I will be your guess.

Are you saying that if the President of the United States commits a crime that he can just stay in office and do what he is doing without any problems?

Are you really saying that?

If Obama goes out and breaks into a home or business, under your thoughts he would continue to carry out this office like nothing happened until they can impeach him?

So in your mind the President can never be arrested then? And if he is he can just say hey I am the Prez and you have to let me go so I can continue with my job?

PLEAAAASE ------

If the Obamanator committed fraud onto our country he will be a criminal and would be removed from his duties once the crime has been proven period. Stupid Joe moves up and Barry goes to jail and awaits trial.

Then again he does not believe in speedy trials like he has handled the promised KSM deal now does he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies