Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,072 times

Advertisements

It's deceptively simple:

Hetero-Sexuals are offended by the lifestyles, practices and choices made by the Homosexuals...

...and Homosexuals are offended by the constant browbeating and 'non-acceptance' by the Hetero-Sexuals.

It is a NON-WINNABLE SITUATION, unless all Hetero's 'convert' to Homo and vice-versa...and then within a very short time, you'd have the same situation repeat itself all over again.

When you step away for a moment and view things from the outside, it's impossible to come away from all this without coming to the conclusion that Human Beings are totally weird, ABSURDLY mercurial creatures, who are constantly torn between common-sense, and the tug-of-war between the heart and mind.

Deep down inside (where the truth is REALLY known) we ALL instinctively know right from wrong; if we don't, then our own parents TOTALLY failed us, and left society (as a whole) to teach us.

YOU know if what you're doing is good or bad for you...it's YOUR choice...do as you will, and learn to sleep with yourself later.

And on that note, in the end, it does'nt really matter because we ALL die ALONE, with or without a Mother/Father/Brother/Sister, Wife/Husband, Lover or 'Soul-Mate' by our side holding our hand...

...we ALL leave this life ALONE.

Between now and then, we make the best of it that we can.

You want a 'rosier picture' ? then go read some poetry...I don't know what else to tell you.

But the whining and bitching won't get us anywhere...if you find someone to love, and you receive love in return, then consider yourself LUCKY.

The clock is TICKING...make the best of your day, and every day from this point on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?"

There is a big difference between hating someone and vigorously opposing a fundamentally ignorant person or group of people who fail to respect our individual liberties and the Constitution which assures them.

Conservatives love the Constitution and the freedoms (not permissions) it protects. We also love the Constitution because it makes us all equal before the law.

Liberals hate the Constitution because it protects the rights of all citizens equally making special rights for special classes of people difficult for liberals to force on the rest of us.

Gay activists have joined garden variety liberals in attacking our liberties and the Constitution which insures them because they would like special standing under the law.

To advance what gay activists have arbitrarily decided are their new rights, they attack everyone else's right to a different opinion.

Who said you're opinion is always correct such that you have the right to redefine marriage to suit your needs?

Where is the concern for those who have built their most important personal relationships around the definition of marriage and family?

If gays want acceptance and respect, maybe they should stop invading and disrupting church services since this violates other's Constitutionally guaranteed right to freely exercise their religion.

Perhaps they should stay out of schools and stop trying to propagandize our children behind our backs.

Maybe they should stop trying to force the rest of us to go along with something we believe to be unnatural and abnormal and working to overrule the expressed will of the voters with judicially derived legislation.
I would normally take this as satire, but I think you actually believe it. Wow.

Here's the facts: Gay people are trying to get to the point of having equal rights under the law. When one person is granted vast benefits for marrying and another person is banned from those benefits (or forced to marry someone he/she doesn't love and isn't attracted to just to receive said benefits) it is that individual whose liberties are being suppressed, not the person seeking to oppress that individual.

Might as well argue that women were undermining other people's Constitutional right to have a differing opinion just so they could vote or that blacks were doing the same just so they could not be slaves. Absurd logic.

Last edited by Bluefly; 04-23-2011 at 06:39 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm gay and have known as such basically my whole life as far back as I can remember. I get astounded when i here some conservatives talk about the 'gays' as though i'm one of the 'other'. I think it's weird because I'm just regular old me. The shy kid who liked to learn about history and liked to read etc. Yet they try to make me out to be a part of this 'other' that's separate. I think it's weird that to some people out there i'm 'one of them'. I think it's weird that strangers hate me enough to think that they get to vote on my rights while enjoying them and that they think it's constitutional to do so. (apparently conservatives aren't good at civics). I think it's weird how issues that surround 'me'. actually BRING people out to VOTE in a PASSIONATE ANGRY WAY.

I go to work, read, visit with friends and family. have a long term loving partner. What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?

How would you feel if strangers hated you for NO REASON?
Hate to inform you. If you look at states like California, Oregon, Maine etc... where the people have voted on gay marriage they have voted no. Million of liberals voted no. They just won't admit it in public.

And you get to vote on other people's rights also. It's not just smoething exclusive to conservatives.

And the main reason homosexuality is political is because homosexuals have chosen to use politicians to fix their grievances. The gay people are the ones that have made it political.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:52 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I would normally take this as satire, but I think you actually believe it. Wow.

Here's the facts: Gay people are trying to get to the point of having equal rights under the law. When one person is granted vast benefits for marrying and another person is banned from those benefits (or forced to marry someone he/she doesn't love and isn't attracted to just to receive said benefits) it is that individual whose liberties are being suppressed, not the person seeking to oppress that individual.

Might as well argue that women were undermining other people's Constitutional right to have a differing opinion just so they could vote or that blacks were doing the same just so they could not be slaves. Absurd logic.
So why aren't gay people fighting for all people to have thse rights?

Why just gays get the rights and deny single hetereosexual these rights at the same time?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So why aren't gay people fighting for all people to have thse rights?

Why just gays get the rights and deny single hetereosexual these rights at the same time?
That's one hell of a "gotcha moment" there Ohio. I look forward to the responses...as i'm pretty sure the Gay Component has not even considered such intricacies.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Christian conservatives love to tell people how to live their lives. Despite all their stupid signs about small government, they really aren't.
Liberal hacks don't seem to have much of a problem dictating how others should live too ..

Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Social issues are wedge issues that Republicans and Democrats play. The answer to it all is, the government should get out of the marriage issue altogether. It's none of the government's damn business who you choose to marry so long all parties involved are consenting adults.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:35 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm conservative (and I am gay) and I can tell you it's the DEMS who also make it political - by promising all sorts of nonsense they never deliver on...but they have most of the gays totally fooled, so I guess it works. You just hand over your votes and don't get a damn thing out of it.
McCain ws in favor of a federal same sex marriage ban, as was Bush. Obama was not. He was also in favor or Don't As Don't tell. Obama was not. No ban has passed. DADT has been repealed. Obama has delivered on both of his promises. The Dems make it political because there is so much ignorance coming from the other side.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Liberal hacks don't seem to have much of a problem dictating how others should live too ..
Please give an example relevent to this forum.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Please give an example relevent to this forum.
You're kidding .. right? ..

Have you read some of the threads in this forum? .. Or are you just brand new to all of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies