Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 PM

415 posts, read 449,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Little kids could ACT gay, if only the teacher would show them how.

"Is everybody happy?"

Yea!

"Is everybody gay?"
Not what that word means - anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
The purpose of the bill is to refrain from talking about homosexuality to school children before they're in the 9th grade. There's nothing wrong with this bill.
If we get a similar bill refraining from talking about Christianity before the 9th grade, then maybe we can talk.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
As I've said before, kids are cruel. They will pick on kids who are different, whether it's fat kids, buck toothed, big ears, short, tall, braces, glasses, etc.
You would think kids would think differently after Columbine.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Keep them in the closet.

As I've said before, kids are cruel. They will pick on kids who are different, whether it's fat kids, buck toothed, big ears, short, tall, braces, glasses, etc.

As I've also said previously in this thread, gays should have support groups for gay children on their own time on their own dime.

There isn't enough time in the school day for this touchy-feely crap.
Promoting acceptance and tolerance is better than the alternatives. Since Columbine there have been nearly 40 school shootings. The majority of them have the same common denominators (kids that were bullied to the point of wanting to be a bully). Thus, these shooters became the ultimate bullies.

Well, if they don't shoot others then they shoot themselves. Gay teens have a higher rate of suicide than heterosexual teens.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Well, if they don't shoot others then they shoot themselves. Gay teens have a higher rate of suicide than heterosexual teens.
Just a thought if being gay is totaly genetics (so there shouldn't be a increase in the percentage) and the openness of society towards gays will lead to less bullying and lower suicides, how come even though there is now so called gay marriage in parts of the united States and everysingle state is now more open towards homosexuals are the suicide rates higher then 10 years ago among gays?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 PM

315 posts, read 366,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Just a thought if being gay is totaly genetics (so there shouldn't be a increase in the percentage) and the openness of society towards gays will lead to less bullying and lower suicides, how come even though there is now so called gay marriage in parts of the united States and everysingle state is now more open towards homosexuals are the suicide rates higher then 10 years ago among gays?
Possibly because of better reporting/a heightened interest in the statistics? I'm sure fifty years ago "no one" killed themselves because they were gay.

Also, I don't know about less bullying. Maybe less open beatings/murders, but hell, just look at the gay threads here. Look at how often we as adults are told we're perverts, sinners, that we go against nature, that we're unfit parents, that our relationships are less than those of heterosexual couples...

There's no lack of bullying out there, trust me.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Possibly because of better reporting/a heightened interest in the statistics?
Their has been no change in reporting it's because you keep pushing your evil agenda the backlash gets stronger and unfortunately uglier. Their are now more people in this country who are violently anti gay then 10 years ago solely due to your evil demands to get married and your pushing your propaganda in to the classrooms.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM

315 posts, read 366,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Their has been no change in reporting it's because you keep pushing your evil agenda the backlash gets stronger and unfortunately uglier. Their are now more people in this country who are violently anti gay then 10 years ago solely due to your evil demands to get married and your pushing your propaganda in to the classrooms.
I am now convinced you are trolling us all. This is the most hilarious thing I've read today.

Bravo, sir/madam. Bravo.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Not what that word means - anymore.
Like any other word after 911, it can mean anything.

Is someone trying to outlaw, "anything"?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I am now convinced you are trolling us all. This is the most hilarious thing I've read today.
there has been no difference in anti gay reporting methodology in the past 10 years but for some reason the number of attacks keep going up why do you think that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies