Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I can't wait to hear the war mongers embracing McCain calling those (possibly al Qaeda) rebels his heroes.

And this means what about Syria?

These people write an editorial painting Syria as a hotbed of anti-American jihadists and we're supposed to jump in aiding civilians who may well be those very same anti-American jihadists?

Sounds pretty damn stupid to me
I'm sure you've heard the Libyan rebels are no better and have elements of AQ within their ranks.

Imagine that, the POTUS, barack hussein obama, giving money, weapons and comfort to our enemies.

NO surprise there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,723,119 times
syria does not have enough oil for us to intervene

Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,321,816 times
Quote:
Gee, not too biased an editorial

It states "Since 2003 it has helped thousands of jihadists from across the Arab world travel to Iraq to attack American soldiers. " and NOW US inaction is an issue? Where have these writers been since 2003? WHERE was their concern about Syrian aiding jihadists since 2003? And WHERE are your complaints about the lack of action against Syria since 2003? Why the sudden interest in that country?
No interest in Syria here. None in Libya either. I agree with the other poster, pull all our troops out of the middle east and let them all pummel one another to oblivion. Screw them all.

Don't you find it odd though how this POTUS is picking and choosing which civilians he feels are worthy of US intervention?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
No interest in Syria here. None in Libya either. I agree with the other poster, pull all our troops out of the middle east and let them all pummel one another to oblivion. Screw them all.

Don't you find it odd though how this POTUS is picking and choosing which civilians he feels are worthy of US intervention?
Yeah, he ignores the slaughter in Iran and Syria, devout enemies of the US, but helps along the overthrow of our allies in Egypt and Yemen.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:50 PM

564 posts, read 1,726,380 times
Because Syria is an indirect ally of the USA. When we need them to, they comply. In 1990, we sold them Lebanon in return for their assistance in the Gulf War. When things got shaky, we made them leave Lebanon in 2005. When we need Syria again, Lebanon will be sold right back to them and all this talk about "Lebanon's independence" will be abandoned.

Likewise, although Syria and Israel are enemy states, the current Syrian regime will never launch an attack into Israel nor will it allow any citizen to. Those who try to attack Israel would probably be killed by the Syrian regime before Israel could retaliate. Since Israel is the USA's baby in the region, whatever benefits it is what the USA will go with.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,907,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm sure you've heard the Libyan rebels are no better and have elements of AQ within their ranks.

Imagine that, the POTUS, barack hussein obama, giving money, weapons and comfort to our enemies.

NO surprise there.
Nope, no surprise. That would be Obama's 2nd act of treason that I can count since taking office. One more and it will be old hat for him.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,902,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just curious why the UN is not involved yet, why the US is not pushing for regime change and ready to implement a NFZ...like what we did in Libya?

I just don't see a whole lot of difference between the two....why the inaction on Syria?

Could it be because they are an ally of Iran and obama doesn't want to make the mullahs angry?

Shameful U.S. inaction on Syria’s massacres - The Washington Post

Shameful U.S. inaction on Syria’s massacres

Ahhh..I was right. Appeasing Iran is more important.

Hillary did call Assad a "reformer", didn't she?
The United States gives Syria too much financial aid for us to be going in there with troops or bombs ..

Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,831,393 times
Quote:
And your point would be?
I am guessing that his point is: "Liberals are Stupid"!?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,298 times
us wont get involved in syria because we are much more cozy with their leadership than libya.

and to paint liberals as supporting obama, I'd say ralph nader is a bigger liberal than obama and we all know what he called obama in 2008. I'm not going to repeat it here because its a pretty bad insult, but obama is sure acting like one with his foreign policy. Essentially copying the CFR playbook.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times
I seriously question how American President's can look at themselves in the mirror sometimes. This is a perfect example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies