Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times

Advertisements

if you want we can play this silliness of yours, the one thing you have NOT proven is that that $5 sign was the actual price at the station and you haven't proved any gas was sold for that price.

now if you would please follow me out of your fantasy land for a moment and come back to reality. in the real world, 99.9% of right minded people would drive right by that station and buy their gas for the $3.79 or so within a mile. OK, you can go back to your pretend world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Certainly have. $5/gal gas in DC, that's what the sign says (who said anything about AVG prices?). A few pennies shy of $5/gal in CA.

Again, why need a heat map when the prices are listed right here - same link as you used I think. So what if there are some stations @ $4/gal? Prices have reached $5/gal, not just in DC, but in other states too.

Washington DC Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Washington DC
Washington DC Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Washington DC

YOU said there was a dollar difference between the highest price and the next highest, clearly that is NOT TRUE, as the prices show.

Proven false.

$.50 difference in regular grade, $.40 difference in premium. And premium is way above $4/gal in regular grade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 04:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
if you want we can play this silliness of yours, the one thing you have NOT proven is that that $5 sign was the actual price at the station and you haven't proved any gas was sold for that price.

now if you would please follow me out of your fantasy land for a moment and come back to reality. in the real world, 99.9% of right minded people would drive right by that station and buy their gas for the $3.79 or so within a mile. OK, you can go back to your pretend world.
Yeah, I guess we can't take the word of the news outlet that took the picture OR the DC gas price list that has been posted numerous times that actually LISTS it.

Yeah, I'm sure they just put that price up there to chase away customers.

I don't need to prove any more than has actually been documented and proven - $5/gal gas in DC, per the pic, per the list. Live with it.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Ooops look what I found, looks like Bush still holds the record for highest gas price.
Highest Gas Price I (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandj98/2674309369/ - broken link)

Old 04-20-2011, 04:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Ooops look what I found, looks like Bush still holds the record for highest gas price.
Highest Gas Price I (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandj98/2674309369/ - broken link)
Haha, well I'm sure NO ONE purchased any gas at that price and it must be an anomaly.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM

i really gotta laugh now, you use the same, "well I'm sure NO ONE purchased any gas at that price and it must be an anomaly" in reply to a photo of a higher Bush gas price... you understand more are on the way. I recall one over $6 during Katrina.... might be time for you to cut and run.
Quote:
Yeah, I guess we can't take the word of the news outlet that took the picture OR the DC gas price list that has been posted numerous times that actually LISTS it.

Yeah, I'm sure they just put that price up there to chase away customers.
i guess you are too busy pounding on the keys to read, go back to 179, "FYI, ANYONE can post up a sign with a price on it, that doesn't mean they actually sell any gas. I know a mechanic with pumps that are just an annoyance to him and he keeps the price higher because he makes his money on repairs and he doesn't make money on the gas."
Quote:

I don't need to prove any more than has actually been documented and proven - $5/gal gas in DC, per the pic, per the list. Live with it.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:35 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,367 times
Quote:

Shell - 598 Bryant St - San Francisco, CA - San Francisco Gas Prices

Give it time, labor day is coming and gas prices always spike up around that time.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Lets see some of the records on Obamas watch:

Record foreclosures
Record bankruptcies
Record deaths in Afghanistan
Record terrorist attacks on US soil
Now record Gas prices because of his policies and shutting off the drilling of our own oil.
Record car repos
Record food prices

Take away our money, guns, power, rights and voice and he and his minions will have total control of you and your life.

Lets just take this apart.

record foreclosures - Sorry Bush owns this
record bankruptcies - same, please prove otherwise
record deaths in afgan - i'll give you that one but still not even close to those in Iraq which Bush still holds.

record terrorist attacks - prove it, Bush still holds the record for most deaths and destruction on our soil.

record gas prices - not even close, ave. was higher in 2008 than today and the highest was under Bush as my previous post proved.

record car repos - once again prove it
record food prices - you do realise inflation sets the food prices and the price of food goes up every year no matter who is in charge.

And once again, Obama has not taken away any of your guns, power, rights, or voice. If i am wrong, show me a link that proves it.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Haha, well I'm sure NO ONE purchased any gas at that price and it must be an anomaly.
So its ok for you to post an anomaly price but not anyone else?

Old 04-20-2011, 04:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
sanrene, were you as hard on bush when prices averaged over $4.25 a gal. As you are on obama with average prices at $3.75 a gal? Some how i doubt it.
rotflmao!

good one!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5791480&page=1
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006/05/04/whats-wrong-with-high-gas-prices/ (broken link)
http://www.quaker.org/clq/2005/TQE13...ceGouging.html
Attached Thumbnails
Battered by gas prices White House starts attacks on oil companies-gas_price_080912_mn.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies