Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,206,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
They are still homosexual. They are just living a lie pretending to heterosexual.

They have been taught to hate homosexuality by their religion- therefore to hate themselves.

There is no reliable evidence that sexual orientation change efforts actually works.
And plenty of evidence that it doesn't work and can be damaging.
Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation

There are also plenty of EX Ex-gays who said that they lied to go along with their religion and families.
This is a pretty accurate clip.

YouTube - Mr. Show - Good News Skit

Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Very interesting.

Do gay men see themselves as feminized? I know that the majority of gay men that I encounter seem to have feminine attributes, but do they see themselves that way? This study may be a tad bit disturbing to homosexuals if being "effiminate" is considered bad.
I have to also say, that most of my gay friends who are males, are your tipical feminine type. However there is this one guy, all the ladies i know, would like to change him and have a night with him. I kid you not he is HOT. Very hot, good-looking, great firm body, with a six pak and the ladies i know are saying true, what a waste. He does not act gay, look gay, he is just himself. But i tell ya, good-looking i have to say myself, what a hunk. My daughter has even said, why oh why.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,669,913 times
Mormons are happy people. They don't get nicotine or caffeine with drawls and are encouraged to have lots of sex.

Hold on, Ok now I get it you mean Homosexuals.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:04 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,510,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Seriously? I watched Latter Days in college with my roommate. When the movie ended, without speaking, I got up, removed the DVD from the player, walked into the kitchen, and threw it in the trash. My roommate looked at me and gave me the thumbs up.

Latter Days is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

Goody for you!!!!! Are you moonlighting as a movie critic now??????

Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,092,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Goody for you!!!!! Are you moonlighting as a movie critic now??????
I'm a big film buff. Gay cinema can be particularly bad at times, and of all the "gay movies" I've seen, Latter Days is far and away the worst. It's just a horribly written, directed, acted, edited, etc movie. Even Joseph Gordon-Levitt (one of my favorite actors) couldn't save it.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Thank you, that movie sucks.

Worst dialogue and most ridiculous storyline.
Oy vey.......ever hear of tact........some gay guys get on my nerves like some straight folks do....always pretentious!

Funny it got fairly good ratings.......well no accounting for taste/tact

Latter Days (2003) - IMDb

Latter Days Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Top 50 Favorite Gay Films | Movie Reviews, Celebrity Interviews & Film News About Gay & Bisexual Men | AfterElton.com

Number 5 in best gay movies of all time as ranked by viewers.......you and hammer sure you're really gay?????? I guess the rest of us are ALL wrong!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I'm a big film buff. Gay cinema can be particularly bad at times, and of all the "gay movies" I've seen, Latter Days is far and away the worst. It's just a horribly written, directed, acted, edited, etc movie. Even Joseph Gordon-Levitt (one of my favorite actors) couldn't save it.

I get it you hated it..... However thousands disagree with you ....or can't I/we have an opinion????? I'm a big movie buff too......what's your point...only you can judge movies?????

Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,092,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I get it you hated it..... However thousands disagree with you ....or can't I/we have an opinion?????
Of course you can have an opinion about Latter Days (no matter how wrong it is). This is a debate forum, and I'll debate anything I feel passionately about. If you in another post mentioned how good of a movie Battlefield Earth is, I'd call you out on that too.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Of course you can have an opinion about Latter Days (no matter how wrong it is). This is a debate forum, and I'll debate anything I feel passionately about. If you in another post mentioned how good of a movie Battlefield Earth is, I'd call you out on that too.

Thankyou your HIGHNESS.....but you can get off your high horse now....you'll get a nosebleed up there!.

Call me out on what....how obnoxious.......I like it as well as thousands of other people....you hate it....we get it......frankly I don't care.....I fail to see your point...... but your attitude could use a readjustment.

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 04-26-2011 at 05:18 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 12:35 AM

202 posts, read 352,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Your GayDar(tm) may be faulty.

I've learned, partly through some embarrassing mistakes, that it is not exactly prudent to assume that a male exhibiting effeminate characteristics is gay.

Most of the gay guys I have met don't seem effeminate at all. Last one I met looked, acted and spoke just like Mike Ditka.
Hmm. Or maybe your gaydar is faulty or just out of whack. i work with gays on a daily basis. the majority of the gay men are in fact quite effeminate. there are the rare few that aren't. or maybe that's just utah gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.