Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
What next...used food?
Think I am kidding? Listen to Rush Limbaugh tell it.

Dumpster food @ 3:45 on video

Rush Limbaugh thinks hungry children should "dumpster dive" for their dinner | Crooks and Liars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Of course. We can't have foster kids mingling with the elite's kids at Neiman Marcus, now can we?

To each his own. Everyone should stay "in their place."
Truly, what is the purpose of this post? It is rude and ignorant!

First of All Affordability is not there to shop at Neiman Marcus! Unless they are in a wealthy foster home!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Another compassionate conservative.
You do understand Michigan is BROKE dont you?????????
Run into the ground by Unions and Democrats! There is NO MONEY. They are trying to find a solution so these kids can get the clothes they need!

Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You do understand Michigan is BROKE dont you?????????
Run into the ground by Unions and Democrats! There is NO MONEY. They are trying to find a solution so these kids can get the clothes they need!
IDEA:
Go ahead and favor cutting taxes on the wealthy while taking benefits from the poor.

REASON:
That ought to fix things.

JUSTIFICATION:
The other guy made me do it.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well I don't know about forcing someone to shop in thrift stores but there are actually some great finds there. Thrift stores don't accept clothes that aren't in excellent condition.
i woouldn't say excellant cause that is not true in most cases, but yes, you can get some great deals if you pay attention, just like a rummage sales and garage sales.

As for making anyone shop at a thrift store, no. I couldn't bring the article up, but as an X foster parent I feel it is up to the foster parents to decide where the kids get their closthes. We were given X number per month per child. This covered food, utilities, clothing, etc. It was up to us what we did with the money. We never considered anything but new for the kids who lived with us.

I did have a friend (my best friend in Jr and Sr high) who had been a foster child, yes, their shoes were a certain type and their clothes were never new.

Nita

Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Another compassionate conservative.
you know your labeling of conservatives is getting a little tiring..

Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i woouldn't say excellant cause that is not true in most cases, but yes, you can get some great deals if you pay attention, just like a rummage sales and garage sales.

As for making anyone shop at a thrift store, no. I couldn't bring the article up, but as an X foster parent I feel it is up to the foster parents to decide where the kids get their closthes. We were given X number per month per child. This covered food, utilities, clothing, etc. It was up to us what we did with the money. We never considered anything but new for the kids who lived with us.

I did have a friend (my best friend in Jr and Sr high) who had been a foster child, yes, their shoes were a certain type and their clothes were never new.

Nita
I've also been a foster parent. Contrary to what some posters think, foster parents are not given "food stamps" to feed these kids. I spent more than any allowance given to care for a child. Haircuts, (which did NOT have to be okayed with anyone other than the child and myself), activities, (sports, dance, music etc.) cell phone, (prepaid by me for emergency use), clothing, etc,... etc,... . We always bought new clothing thought they weren't always from the "in" stores. I didn't take a foster child to make money, I did it to help a child.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Too bad it is tiring. Poor abused righties.

The Republicans come up with the Ryan Plan that directly and immediately benefits the wealthy while stripping benefits from the needy.

Perhaps your Pols should refrain from draping themselves in the flag of compassion.

This buying of only used clothing idea is but one of all too many examples of the mindset of the current Repub/Tea advocates.

It goes to their belief structure, their level of understanding, and their ethical standards of morality.

Too bad if you do not like being called on it.

The shoe fits and the right is wearing it.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Hahaha, hypocrisy much?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Truly, what is the purpose of this post? It is rude and ignorant!

First of All Affordability is not there to shop at Neiman Marcus! Unless they are in a wealthy foster home!
can't rep u again, but I agree. The statement is nonsense...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies