Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times

Advertisements

I'm a blood type O who was a vegan/vegetarian throughout the 90s. I was never happy or well on a veg diet & have recovered my health & sanity the last 10 years by including animal foods in my diet. If you're happy as a veg O that's great. I don't think veganism is healthy for anyone but that's my opinion........based on 20 years of experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I'm a blood type O who was a vegan/vegetarian throughout the 90s. I was never happy or well on a veg diet & have recovered my health & sanity the last 10 years by including animal foods in my diet. If you're happy as a veg O that's great. I don't think veganism is healthy for anyone but that's my opinion........based on 20 years of experience.
I'm not sure that there is really any science supporting type O as the "meat eater" and I'm not sure this thread has much prospect for developing into a constructive discussion.

That said, I'm also type O and don't do well without animal protein, although I would be very surprised to learn that one had much to do with the other.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
Quote:
Hmmm, well, there are many happy and perfectly healthy vegans who would disagree with you.

Regardless, this is off-topic for the Vegetarian Food forum, so I'm moving the thread to another forum where you're free to argue your point of view.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Different people have different dietary needs. Some do fine as vegetarians or vegans, others would die or have serious health issues on such diets. I'd be pretty unhealthy without some meat in my diet.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Dear Lemon,
Why do you think this post belongs to the politics forum?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
It was in the vegetarian forum, which was pretty insulting and intentionally confrontational, considering that she's trashing Vegans and claiming they're a religious cult, in THEIR forum. Dark of Moon moved it to Politics and Controversies, because it clearly isn't a health issue, or a food issue. Personally I think it should've just been deleted entirely. It's not controversial. Normal people with common sense don't need scientific research to conclude that blood type has absolutely nothing to do with dietary needs.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM

415 posts, read 449,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Dear Lemon,
Why do you think this post belongs to the politics forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Regardless, this is off-topic for the Vegetarian Food forum, so I'm moving the thread to another forum where you're free to argue your point of view.
Read.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
By your saying that you weren't happy as a veg leads me to believe that a lot of the issues you had were psycological rather than physiological. When you get down to it, the science is that you can get everything you need to survive in a veg diet (yes, even B12 from nutritional yeast or supplementation), but you have to be willing to accept the diet.

In Chinese medicine, of course, each person has a yin and yang a cool and heat and a wet and dry. Most probably some types are more inclined to accept a meatless diet than others. Certainly, yin types would be better suited than someone who is heavily yang. But then again, you can do anything that you put your mind to doing, regardless of that - if it means enough to you. IMHO

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
I don't think veganism is healthy for anyone but that's my opinion
It seems to work pretty well for 9 time Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:51 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
Veganism causes depression. Don't care that I didn't do it "right". Familiar with yin & Yang from 2 year stint in macrobiotics----- an utter crock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
By your saying that you weren't happy as a veg leads me to believe that a lot of the issues you had were psycological rather than physiological. When you get down to it, the science is that you can get everything you need to survive in a veg diet (yes, even B12 from nutritional yeast or supplementation), but you have to be willing to accept the diet.

In Chinese medicine, of course, each person has a yin and yang a cool and heat and a wet and dry. Most probably some types are more inclined to accept a meatless diet than others. Certainly, yin types would be better suited than someone who is heavily yang. But then again, you can do anything that you put your mind to doing, regardless of that - if it means enough to you. IMHO

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies