Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times

Advertisements

Id never watch The View but he made on there

Me and family and friends will be donating and doing all we can if he runs for President...

YouTube - Ron Paul Rocks The View: Whoopi Goldberg Frustrated When Audience Cheers Ron Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
I cannot stand Joy Behar. If people don't like/agree with her uber liberal politics she proceeds to put them down.

I saw her do it one too many times and vowed to never watch again.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though. What did Joy have to say to him?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
Honestly they were pretty good to him. They obviously tried getting him to engage in the left/right nonsense, but he really wouldn't entertain it. That's what makes him so effective, he doesn't go down that road. Getting into personal disagreements is seldom useful, and he obviously understands this. Once he refuses to engage in that portion of the discussion, they often have to drop it. He points everything back to the Constitution, therefore bypassing personal ideology.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times

Ron Paul for president!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
He handled them rather well.

The truth always sets you free.
He didn't beat around the bush. Joy and Woopie respected that, you could tell.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I like Ron Paul more and more.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Amazing that the major news outlets will put Sarah Palin and Donald Trump everywhere....but not a real intellectual like Ron Paul.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Me and family and friends will be donating and doing all we can if he runs for President...
He is planning to announce his exploratory committee tomorrow I believe..

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Oh god..Whoopi makes my skin crawl. But Ron Paul is friggin' awesome. Hope he runs.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
He's absolutely right about everything. When a liberal celebrity says something as ludicrous as "But HOW do we get out of the wars?" he makes the common-sense reply "The same way we got into them--we marched right in, so let's turn around and march right out again!" It's like a wise elder talking to a 5-year-old. Nothing is keeping us at war except the obedience of "our" elected officials to their owners/masters, the ultra-rich who profit from the military-industrial complex that is bankrupting our nation and diverting tax money from the "needy" to the filthy rich.

As to Planned Parenthood, considering how little taxpayer money actually goes to abortions for poor women, it really isn't a big deal to separate that agency and a million other charities from taxpayer support. If government limited itself to the things it actually should be doing, all working taxpayers would have more of their own earnings to distribute to the charities THEY support--instead of handing their earnings to a corrupt politician who then gains power from handing the money to HIS favorite charities.

Actually, whether you are a Republican or Democrat or Libertarian, you would be wise to support a Libertarian like Ron Paul. The changes he'll make will be the only way the system can survive even a little while longer. The Republicrat Party has made it more than clear that absolutely NOTHING will change in their behavior, so voting for either in 2012 will cause the collapse to happen as quickly as possible. If you are already in your defensible rural homestead, with food and water and arms and precious metals stockpiled, maybe you want it all to come crashing down ASAP. But that isn't most of us. And even if it is you, you can use a few more years to prepare, because it won't go down exactly as you expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies