U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,374,929 times

Advertisements

See for yourself. The guy wears a picture of a psychopatic killer on a magazine cover!!!

Author Humberto Fontnova has a book coming out titled Exposing the Real Che Guevara: And the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him: Books: Humberto Fontova:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PUoubNdLL._SS500_.jpg (broken link)

Exposing the Real Che Guevara and the Useful Idiots Who Idolize
Him. Here's part one of a two-part interview Fontnova gave to CNS. Read the
whole thing:

Cybercast News Service: What do you consider to be some of Guevara's
greatest crimes or offenses that people today should know about?

Humberto Fontova: He was the chief executioner. He performed for the
Cuban revolution what Heinrich Himmler performed for the Nazis. Everything
Che Guevara did was directed by Fidel Castro. Early on, when they were in
the mountains, Castro realized that Che seemed to relish executing little
farm boys. There were executions carried out, carried out in the mountains,
of so-called informers. I interviewed many people who witnessed those
executions. There was no due process.

Che Guevara wrote a letter to his father in 1957 and to his abandoned
wife. In the letter to her, he wrote, "I'm here in Cuba's hills, alive and
thirsting for blood." Then, to his father, "I really like killing." The
man was a clinical sadist, whereas Fidel Castro you could describe as a
psychopath in that the murders did not affect him one way or the other.
It was a means to an end - the consolidation of his one-man rule. Che has
a famous quote, where he wrote, a revolutionary has to become "a cold
killing machine." The thing was, Che Guevara was anything but cold. He was a warm killing machine. He relished the slaughter.

Cybercast News Service: Are there reliable estimates on the number of
people killed by Guevara or killed as a result of his policies or orders?

Humberto Fontova: He was put in charge of the execution squads in early
1959. He stayed in charge of the prison where most of the executions
took place in Havana. And in the months he was in charge there, about four
months until July 1959, the estimates run from 500 to 1,182 men and boys sent to the firing squad without due process. But the system he set in place
for the executions ... in that system of justice, according to "The Black Book
of Communism" - the definitive source - by the mid-sixties, 14,000 men and
boys had been executed in Cuba.

That was the year, December 1964, when Che Guevara ... addressed the General Assembly of the United Nations, and he said: "Executions? Certainly we execute. And we will continue executing as long as it is necessary!" So, in other words, he still claimed the system. It was still his system at work.

I'm sure that if he ever hears this, it'll make no difference to Depp or Robert Redford or any other of Hollywood's many useful idiots.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 AM

1,463 posts, read 5,542,361 times
Yeah cause some of America's biggest heroes were far to perfect to act in such a savage way....

Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 AM

180 posts, read 89,692 times
Yeah, George Armstrong Custer comes to mind.

Why can't someone have communist sympathies in America? Isn't it supposed to be a free country?

Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 AM

1,173 posts, read 5,431,060 times
He's not anti-American. He's anti-neocon.

Depp Disavows Anti-American 'Quotes'
The star offers his "deepest apologies to those who were offended, affected, or hurt by this insanely twisted deformation of my words and intent."

Quote:
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 05, 2003 12:40 PM EDT
By Stephen M. Silverman

Johnny Depp has denied inflammatory comments about the United States attributed to him in the German magazine Stern, saying they were taken out of context and that he was misquoted, Reuters reports.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star was quoted in Stern this week as saying America was "like a dumb puppy" and a "broken toy," and that he would urge his French-based children to explore it and then "get out."

In an apology issued by his publicist, the Kentucky-born Depp said his comment was referring to America being a young, growing nation compared to Europe. He added that he and his family now live in the south of France because his wife, singer Vanessa Paradis, is French.

"I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it," Depp's statement reads. "It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful."

He went on to say, "My deepest apologies to those who were offended, affected or hurt by this insanely twisted deformation of my words and intent." -Depp Disavows Anti-American 'Quotes'
Backpedal or sincere? I tend to think the latter. There are useful idiots in the world but Depp isn't one of them. If he's wearing a Che necklace or T-shirt it's to protest American actions in Latin America where Che is still widely respected as a symbol of resistance ot American imperialism in the region. To the US, Che is a monster, to many in Latin America, he's a hero and, sadly, they have a point. The track record of the US in Latin America is shameful.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,519,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
He's not anti-American. He's anti-neocon.

Depp Disavows Anti-American 'Quotes'
The star offers his "deepest apologies to those who were offended, affected, or hurt by this insanely twisted deformation of my words and intent."

Backpedal or sincere? I tend to think the latter. There are useful idiots in the world but Depp isn't one of them. If he's wearing a Che necklace or T-shirt it's to protest American actions in Latin America where Che is still widely respected as a symbol of resistance ot American imperialism in the region. To the US, Che is a monster, to many in Latin America, he's a hero and, sadly, they have a point. The track record of the US in Latin America is shameful.

I agree Jason_Els but do you seriously expect anything reasonable, sensible, balanced and logical from some posters ? I am starting to think the loonies are taking over the asylum...

Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 AM

354 posts, read 225,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
Yeah, George Armstrong Custer comes to mind.

Why can't someone have communist sympathies in America? Isn't it supposed to be a free country?
You are absolutely correct. Custer was nothing but a total whacked out individual and I am glad that he got himself slaughtered the way he did. That is what happens to people who think they are more educated than the people they hate so much. There were, of course, many others that come to mind, but Custer was a very good example.

You are also quite right about people's political leanings. It is supposed to be a free country. The opperative word here happens to be "supposed". I remember McCarthy and the damage that was done by him and his minions and it isn't a lot different now with the way people throw around the supposed patriotic ferver they do. usually the people who wrap themselves in the U.S. flag, so to speak, are the ones who happen to be going against our country in the first place. All one has to do is to look at Bush and his administration to see just that.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 AM

4,406 posts, read 5,318,162 times
So anyone critical of the United States is anti-American? OK, got it. That reminds me of Soviet Russia (a communist country) where dissent wasn't allowed.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM

354 posts, read 225,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
So anyone critical of the United States is anti-American? OK, got it. That reminds me of Soviet Russia (a communist country) where dissent wasn't allowed.
Welcome to Bush's America!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 AM

13,755 posts, read 23,220,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
You are absolutely correct. Custer was nothing but a total whacked out individual and I am glad that he got himself slaughtered the way he did. That is what happens to people who think they are more educated than the people they hate so much. There were, of course, many others that come to mind, but Custer was a very good example.

You are also quite right about people's political leanings. It is supposed to be a free country. The opperative word here happens to be "supposed". I remember McCarthy and the damage that was done by him and his minions and it isn't a lot different now with the way people throw around the supposed patriotic ferver they do. usually the people who wrap themselves in the U.S. flag, so to speak, are the ones who happen to be going against our country in the first place. All one has to do is to look at Bush and his administration to see just that.
Couldn't agree more. Well stated, especially the concept about thinking they are brighter than others (thereby having heavier weight to their opinions) and the subsequent linkage to McCarthy.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:13 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,519,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
How Anti-American of you to say that ! Go in the corner and think about what you have said ! Don't you know that to criticise or question America in any way, shape or form is deemed high treason ? Slapped wrist, I mean really ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies