Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Which by the way are protected by Federal law. For example, despite the fact that my wife and I are footing the bill for my daughter's college education, we are not privy to her transcripts, applications or what have you.

As for how Obama got into the "Ivies" I would assert without the slightest doubt that it was the result of a decision by the admissions committee. And like birth certificates, that is the end of that story.
Are student government guaranteed loans and grants protected by Fed privacy law? If they are, they should not be since it is the taxpayers money funding these loans and grants and therefore the taxpayers have a right to see what they have guaranteed and provided in government grants. It is OUR money and we have the right to know how and where it was spent. Not just some of the details, all of them. Otherwise, don't accept government taxpayer guaranteed student loans and grants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Are student government guaranteed loans and grants protected by Fed privacy law? If they are, they should not be since it is the taxpayers money funding these loans and grants and therefore the taxpayers have a right to see what they have guaranteed and provided in government grants. It is OUR money and we have the right to know how and where it was spent. Not just some of the details, all of them. Otherwise, don't accept government taxpayer guaranteed student loans and grants.
His loans have been paid back.

So, looks like you've struck out.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:

Pardon me, but it's none of your damned business what my college transcripts are.

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Another tiresome, pointless, limp-wristed and ineffectual Obama bashing thread from the usual font of useless propaganda.

There's no credible reason to believe that there's anything unusual about Obama's education. It's just fabrication of yet another talking point for use on the mindless plebs that will buy anything they hear about Obama, so long as it validates their prejudice.

The forum really should have a separate section for these trashy spam threads and the posters that create them. Something with a suitable name, like "Kookville."

Puleese, this is kid stuff compared to what the left does with Palin and Trig. Now that is real "kookville" stuff. Not to mention the lame, loser truthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We do know that Obama got good grades from Harvard. He graduated magna c laude. So essentially he was in the top 10% of his class. Harvard lists this information themselves. His actual transcripts are private, but he doesn't have to release them for us to know that he was an outstanding student. You don't graduate from a top-tier school magna c laude unless you are an outstanding student.

And I say we taxpayers do have the right to see what our taxpayer money paid for if he accepted gov't guaranteed student loans and grants. When the taxpayers acccept the liability for the loan, and give a taxpayer grant(s) to a student, we taxpayers have the right to see the results.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nah..change to "ruler for life" as it seems that's what some people want.
What the hell? Might as well. He's better than what came before......

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Obama joins list of seven presidents with Harvard degrees | Harvard Gazette

We don't have to produce records. President Obama graduated magna c laude. That's an appellation indicating an exceptional scholar. Harvard indicates that he graduated with this honor.
So he is not the creation of some secret plot of Bill Ayers, its the conservatives that advanced his career.

After winning a slot on the prestigious Harvard Law Review, Obama at first declined to run for its presidency, but he was persuaded to give it a try. He won when conservatives decided to support him.

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
And I say we taxpayers do have the right to see what our taxpayer money paid for when he accepted gov't guaranteed student loans and grants. When the taxpayers acccept the liability for the loan, and give a taxpayer grant(s0 to a student, we taxpayers have the right to see the results.
And i say that his loans have already been paid back...too late.

Case closed. You're not going to see any records.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:42 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Obama joins list of seven presidents with Harvard degrees | Harvard Gazette

We don't have to produce records. President Obama graduated magna c laude. That's an appellation indicating an exceptional scholar. Harvard indicates that he graduated with this honor.

I found your link from the Harvard Gazette interesting. While it did NOT mention Obama graduating with honors. He may have, I don't know.

I also found this, "Obama’s father had graduated from Harvard with a master’s degree in economics in 1965".

People harping about how W. Bush getting his father's help. May be Obama having his father being a graduate helped him. it does in a lot of schools.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And i say that his loans have already been paid back...too late.

Case closed. You're not going to see any records.
It's never too late since if he accepted grants we are entitled to see the records and the applications.

You really want to go down the slope that when taxpayers spend money on non national security items we don't have the right to see the results of the money spent?

Glad I don't live in your idea of government funded by taxpayers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies