Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Oh no lady trust me you are very wrong! I've met PLENTY of career oriented, well educated women......and you know what? Their kids are an utter mess...........spoiled, unhealthy, stressed out, into drugs, promiscuous sex, head buried in their cell phones without an ounce of being able to carry on a conversation with anyone except their keyboard or touch screen. Trust me Orange County has PLENTY of these types of moms and most are more into their career, their body, and their image than they are into raising their kids. And my god some of the most dysfunctional families I know have TWO parents that are highly successful career oriented people.

All you have to do is look at our culture and young people to see how great it is that more and more women are entering the workforce.
Those women are probably into lame "fake careers" (don't wanna name any cuz people will get mad) where image is important and they spoil their kids because they maximize credit like at lot of fools in the OC do. I have plenty of friends and coworkers in the OC who are very successful (with 2 working parents) and they are excellent parents who see their kids everyday. They tend to be in careers where knowledge is valued over superficiality.

The kids being spoiled, unhealthy, stressed out, druggies, promiscuous is kind of a general rule in American society and comes from neglect from both parents. The families where women stay home are not any better off. Raising a child isn't the woman's job, it's both people's jobs. My family was pretty dysfunctional and my mom stayed at home full time. It's cuz my dad was extremely hands-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:34 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Off topic!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

Engineering is a good degree. Most engineers earn above average salary to what most women study at university. Also the job is a lot more secure than a finance degree.
If you look at the top earners of each profession finance people earn much more than engineer unless the engineer is runnig his own company. A top rated investment banker or analyst salary blowns away an engineering position. In some cases for a major investment bank, private equity firm or hedge fund the bonuses alone will be more than the salary of an engineer.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Yes, the black community is a perfect example of what happens when women outnumber men by two to one. 70 percent of women cant find find "good man"
First the number of Black American women don't outnumber the number of Black American women 2 to 1. It's more like there are about 2 million more Black American women than their are Black American man. Second on average the Black American man still earns more than a Black American women.

There are about 18.936 millon Black American males in the country and about 20.705 million women.

Resident Population By Sex, Age, Race and Hispanic Origin

Old 05-04-2011, 12:13 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Does this mean we can get rid of affirmative action policies that recruit or admit women at a higher rate?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 PM

31 posts, read 35,291 times
Women are more ambitious and equaly capable

Old 05-04-2011, 04:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Census 2010: More Working Women Hold College Degrees than Men - ABC News

So what does this mean for affirmative action in college? What do you think it means for the country as a whole?

Thoughts......

Personally I see it as an awesome thing. Besides, most women I know are far more intelligent then the half of the species I belong to.
It's not just college degrees anymore. It is now also true for ADVANCED degrees (Master's or higher). I certainly hope there is no university that still artifically inflates SAT scores of females like they do for non-White minorities. Such racest, sexist policies are not compatible with a free, fair, and open society that claims to value individual achievment and hard work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies