Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I've read a couple things this morning, don't know if they're true.

Is it true that at the time of his birth, "Kenya" didn't exist? Shouldn't it have read British East Africa?

The hospital, in it's current name, didn't exist until 1978. Before that, it was Kauaikeolani Children's Hospital.

Not to mention the doc experts that have found "irregularities" in the scanned copy.
The BC says Kenya, East Africa. You will note also that while the BC asks only for the state of birth if born in the US, Ms. Dunham-Obama reported Wichita, Kansas and that is what is on the BC. People who fill out birth certificates use self-reported information.

Re: name of hospital, the mystery is solved. No conspiracy here.

Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At some time prior to 1940, the name was changed to Kapiʻolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital. [1] [2]

Kauikeolani Children’s Hospital opened in 1909 named for Emma Kauikeolani Napoleon Mahelona (1862–1931), the wife of Albert Spencer Wilcox (1844–1919).[3] In 1978, it merged with Kapiʻolani Hospital to become Kapiʻolani Medical Center for Women and Children.[4][5][6]

Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
All of the above occured in the state of Arizona and the country of England. My social security number was issued in CA, and also required the long form. However, that was back in 1976, when I had to obtain a SS# to work for a babysitting agency.
That is probably the reason, the state of California doesn't certify the short-form, however the vast majority of states, including Hawaii certify the short-form, in fact the short-form is considered the official birth certificate in Hawaii.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
All of the above occured in the state of Arizona ....
proof of birth requirements from the US department of state:

Full name of the applicant
Date of birth
Place of birth
Raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
Registrar’s signature
The date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year)
Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State will require the full names of the applicant’s parent(s)

New Requirement for U.S. Birth Certificates

Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Plenty of evidence of fraud. Read my prior post:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/18925916-post940.html
There is no evidence of fraud. There is evidence of amateurs who know how to use Adobe Illustrator without actually understanding the software.

The PDF has a single layer. This can be proven by opening the PDF in Adobe Reader and going to View > Navigation Panels > Layers. It will show you exactly how many layers a PDF has... and this one has one.

Even in Adobe Illustrator, the PDF shows only one layer. Look at the videos... (it is easiest to see in the video from the alleged "professional highend graphics designer")...and you will note that even Adobe Illustrator says it has only one layer. All of the "elements" mentioned in the Denninger video and the "groups" shown in the "highend designer" video are inside of the single layer of which the document consists.

So... what are these "elements" or "groups?" Surprise, surprise, they are created by Adobe Illustrator when you open the PDF.

Pay very close attention to that fact: They do not exist before hand in the PDF. They are created by the people making these videos when they open the document in Adobe Illustrator.

Most of them probably do not even realize it because they have no idea how the software they are using works. They are users of the software, not software designers. But it is something you will see in almost every document that is scanned directly to a PDF if you open it in Adobe Illustrator.

You're skeptical? Look at these "layers" (as the videos tend to call them) and ask if they even make sense. Stanley Dunham's signature is split between two different layers? The registrar's signature is all in one layer except for a single cursive "i"? Dates are not simply split among multiple layers... but individual digits within the same year are scattered randomly between them?

That's not a person forging a certificate. That's Adobe Illustrator applying algorithms to a PDF and trying to convert it into a file it can use.

The bottom line is that the legacy of the fraud "Polarik" has created within the Birther community a stable of ignorant amateurs who have watched too much CSI on TV and imagine they have a clue regarding image forensics.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I know you must be exasperated to have people asking you these questions when you are only reporting your experiences. But, please bear with us. Most of us do not keep multiple forms of our birth certificates on hand because the one form has always been perfectly adequate.

What information is missing from the short-form that these various authorities require?
My short form only includes my name, date of birth, sex, and the place of my birth and certifies that this information was abstracted from my original birth record on file. This short form was issued to me by the State of California in the year 1981.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That is probably the reason, the state of California doesn't certify the short-form, however the vast majority of states, including Hawaii certify the short-form, in fact the short-form is considered the official birth certificate in Hawaii.
Mine was certified, which I requested at the time. In 1981 you could choose to pay a higher cost for this certification.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
My short form only includes my name, date of birth, sex, and the place of my birth and certifies that this information was abstracted from my original birth record on file. This short form was issued to me by the State of California in the year 1981.
if it had a signature of the county or state registrar and the state seal then it was good ( according to the US state department ).

Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Mine was certified, which I requested at the time. In 1981 you could choose to pay a higher cost for this certification.
If it doesn't meet all state dept requirements, that is why you had the issue, but the short-form in Hawaii and almost every other state meets state dept requirements, in fact in Hawaii the short-form is the official birth certificate.

Again this issue was put to bed three years ago, racists, bats*** conspiracy folk and people who are completely ignorant of the silly little thing we call THE LAW is what kept this going.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 AM

335 posts, read 375,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will add this here, since I find myself interesting:

Mr. Trump will not run for president since he is not a natural born citizen. Has he showed you his birth certificate? No. Why? Because he was born in Scotland.
While I have not checked into this, I would agree that he would not, and should not run if that was the case.

I believe he will not run because he joined the reform party which has no chance. That is indicative of itself. I think he had to do something like that because the attention he stirred up was getting bigger than anticipated, and he really had no sincere aspirations of running anyway.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

Again this issue was put to bed three years ago, racists, bats*** conspiracy folk and people who are completely ignorant of the silly little thing we call THE LAW is what kept this going.
I know, right. It will be just a matter of time before the Supreme Court rules on this and awards the win to George W. Bush...

I mean it's the law... No one would question the law, especially those on the left.

Scratch that, that was over ten years ago now and a republican, never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies