Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Review Duncan v Louisiana and then apologize.
The right to a jury trial?????

I think you need to review Duncan v Louisiana and apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I read an article a while back about this, and the age was relevant according to US statues in effect at the time having to do with citizenship.

In any case, his father was subject to the laws of the UK, which make Obama a dual citizen and that bars "natural born citizen" status. It was the intent that nobody would become Presidient who was not strictly loyal or obliged only to the US.
Wrong. No laws say any such thing. For the most part, the United States doesn't recognize dual citizenship. If you are a citizen of the United States you are a citizen of the United States. If other countries also recognize you as a citizen, that is the business of the other countries. The United States does not dictate the laws of other nations. You are terribly misinformed about US laws.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
So you are intimately familiar with the British Nationality Act of 1948????

I didn't think so. Fair thee well.
The British Nationality Act of 1948 has NOTHING to do with AMERICAN law. We do not fall under the jurisdiction of BRITAIN.

Fare thee well.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Once again, it is US Citizenship that matters, but Natural Born Citizenship.

This is not really that hard to understand, but you have to want to understand it first. In other words, if you are not interested in the truth, you won't find it.
There are only two kinds of citizenship in the United States. Naturalized citizens who have to go through a process to become citizens, and those who do not. ALL those who do not have to be naturalized are considered to be Natural-born citizens. It's really not that hard to understand. You have to really stretch to try to assert otherwise.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:03 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The right to a jury trial?????

I think you need to review Duncan v Louisiana and apologize.
i haven't read the entire case but from what i have seen nothing has come close to pertain to NBC. i'm curious to see what the quote is that jeffington is referring to.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
The British Nationality Act of 1948 has NOTHING to do with AMERICAN law. We do not fall under the jurisdiction of BRITAIN.

Fare thee well.
We don't, but BHO did as the son of a ciitzen of the British Empire, which according to their law, made the sone of Sr (Jr, or BHO) a British Citizen.

Last edited by jeffington; 05-04-2011 at 11:23 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
We don't, but BHO did as the son of a ciitzen of the British Empire, which according to their law, made the sone of Sr (Jr, or BHO) a British Citizen.

Try hard to grasp that.
And the US government does not care what the governments of other nations do with respect to citizenship. Try hard to understand. It's not difficult. British law....blah blah blah....who cares????? It doesn't matter if Britain recognized Barack Obama as a citizen. Doesn't matter to the United States. Not one whit. He was born an American citizen. Naturally born, on American soil, didn't ever need to be naturalized. There are only two kinds of citizenship in the United States. Those who became citizens. And those who were born citizens. That's it. Try hard to grasp that. You're either one or the other. Both parents weren't Americans? That didn't disqualify earlier Presidents. Dual citizenships? That didn't disqualify earlier Presidents either. And guess what???? From a legal standpoint, the fact that those characteristics didn't disqualify earlier Presidents actually is legal precedent. Try hard to grasp that.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
There are only two kinds of citizenship in the United States. Naturalized citizens who have to go through a process to become citizens, and those who do not. ALL those who do not have to be naturalized are considered to be Natural-born citizens. It's really not that hard to understand. You have to really stretch to try to assert otherwise.
Well let's look at some facts.

As the son of a member of the British Empire (Kenya was at that time a British territory), BHO was also a british citizen.

Being born in the US, he was a US Citizen

Later in life he emigrated to Indonexis and was granted citizenship there and issued an Indonesian passport. In fact, before he was given his Offocial US Passport (given to employees and officers of the US who need to travel abroad), he never held any passport except the Indonesian one.

Now, a man, who during his life was a citizen of 3 countries, may be disqualified as a natural born citizen. I am told that one of the Federalist Papers talks about what a Natural Born Citizien is, but I don't have a citation for you.

Howevever, I just say, except for the debate-value, BHO is already President, and nothing can or will be done to change that.

The only possiblity will be if one or more states with significant Electoral College Votes, declares him to be ineligible and declines to put him on the ballot for that state.

It is a long-stretch, but we are talking about saving the USA from certain devestation at the hands of this POTUS, so it is worth a try.

The Pilk

Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Well let's look at some facts.

As the son of a member of the British Empire (Kenya was at that time a British territory), BHO was also a british citizen.

Being born in the US, he was a US Citizen

Later in life he emigrated to Indonexis and was granted citizenship there and issued an Indonesian passport. In fact, before he was given his Offocial US Passport (given to employees and officers of the US who need to travel abroad), he never held any passport except the Indonesian one.

Now, a man, who during his life was a citizen of 3 countries, may be disqualified as a natural born citizen. I am told that one of the Federalist Papers talks about what a Natural Born Citizien is, but I don't have a citation for you.

Howevever, I just say, except for the debate-value, BHO is already President, and nothing can or will be done to change that.

The only possiblity will be if one or more states with significant Electoral College Votes, declares him to be ineligible and declines to put him on the ballot for that state.

It is a long-stretch, but we are talking about saving the USA from certain devestation at the hands of this POTUS, so it is worth a try.

The Pilk
I have to tell you, the above is really not factual.

Yes, Obama was born an American and via his father he could have claimed British citizenship as well. There is NO evidence he ever did.

He never had an Indonesian passport because he was never an Indonesian citizen. He was, for a few years, an American child who lived in Indonesia.

Hawaii has repeatedly upheld the validity of his birth certificate. No state can declare Obama ineligible unless they challenge the State of Hawaii's assertion. The Full Faith and Credit Clause of the United States Constitution does not allow such challenges, especially when there are no grounds for such challenges.

And as for "saving the USA", I think that while your sentiments are heartfelt, the fear you have is not warranted. We are not ruled by a President. We are represented by a President. Congress makes laws. Not the President. There is a system of checks and balances. Even if you feel that this President does not represent you, you have a host of other elected representatives. Surely some of them represent your views and opinions and goals.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Later in life he emigrated to Indonexis and was granted citizenship there and issued an Indonesian passport.
a quick web search would show obama wasn't eligible for indonesian citizenship.

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A foreign citizen can apply to become an Indonesian citizen with the following requirements:

being the age of 18 years or older, or being married
obama wasn't
when applying, having resided in Indonesian for a minimum of 5 consecutive years or 10 non consecutive years
obama wasn't
physically and mentally healthy
????
can speak the Indonesian language and acknowledge Pancasila and Undang-Undang Dasar Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 1945
????
never convicted of a crime for which the punishment is imprisonment for one year or more
obama met this requirement
if having Indonesian citizenship will not give the person dual citizenship
obama, as a minor, could not renounce his US citizenship
employed or have fixed income
obama wasn't
pay the citizenship fee
????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies