Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,488,329 times

Advertisements

Obama's approval ratings are so low that people
in Kenya are now accusing him of being
born in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM

27 posts, read 16,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
.................... as soon as Obama is out of office.

Are you ready to come to your senses and realize that the man you voted for is the most incompetent president in US history and has taken the nation to the brink of disaster in less than three years? Even the Japanese and Germans in WW2 were not able to inflict the damage on the US that Obama has accomplished in such a short period of time.

No one cares where your Kenyan was born. If you want Kenyans to run the nation, just get a better Kenyan. I think that everyone would be okay with that, as long as unemployment and debt levels were returned to Bush era numbers. This is not an issue of distrust directed toward Kenyans, just one in particular.
Really? This is about as stupid a statement as I have ever heard. So you do not show any facts but throw out some wild accusation about how bad Obama is and then compare that to the loss of 406000 lives lost and 600000 wounded? Really? Are you that dumb or do you just play it on the forum?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,097,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too funny. A TV game show host gets Obama to do something the fifth estate couldn't get him to do and you think Trump has the problem?
Yes, because what did the document show?

That Trump was wrong.

An important fact that you and others prefer to ignore.

It's OK, we understand why.

And Obama could have released it at anytime. Since we now know there was nothing embarrassing on it, that leaves two possibilities;

That what Obama said about it being not worth his time was honest, and that since it just wasn't going away he finally decided to pay his lawyer to fly to Hawaii and get it.

or

He was holding onto it deliberately, as I and others in this thread suspect, to use it at an opportune moment to discredit whoever he needed to. I expect he was waiting for the inevitable brouhaha surrounding the Corsi book to release it, but Trump's bellowing moved up the schedule.

Either way, or EVEN IF Trump's actions were directly the cause of the release, it changes nothing about the ultimate issue:

That Trump, Farah, Corsi and all the other right wing nutters were either stupid or dishonest, or likely both.

Any way you slice it, Obama comes out on top.

Spin it all you like. It's an embarrassment for the Right that they ever got involved in this nonsense in the first place.

Obama *****slapped them.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:21 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,055,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Anybody seen it?
I saw what was on the link. Green-colored birth certificate in 1961? Don't think so, but I'm thinking that's from the photo copier -- you now to prevent people from photo-shopping it. Looks like it was typed on an IBM Selectric, which would be unfortunate, since no hospital in Hawaii would have had one in 1961. Standard ribbon-typewriters produce uneven lines and the letters are often off the base-line because the typist didn't apply enough pressure to the key - sorry, I was trained in forensic document analysis at Northwestern (although I would have rather attended the Traffic Accident Reconstruction Course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Well according to the news, the long term certificate, which was just released and reporters do have copies Sanrene, is NOT a legal Hawaii document anymore.
Yes, it is a legal document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Are you serious? What other President has ever had to show their birth certificate to the public?
John McCain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Wow...CNN is such an objective, rational news source.
Oh yeah. Remember that story they did on the military using nerve gas in Vietnam? How many CNN staff writers, producers, directors and other personnel got fired?

CNN gets a Zero on a scale of 1 to 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I personally believe everyone who runs for the Presidency should have to prove they satisfy the eligibility requirements laid out in the Constitution: (1) Natural-born citizen; (2) at least 35 years of age, and (3) be a resident of the US for at least 14 years.
That's common sense to you and I, but apparently not others, but then what do you expect from liberals, other than a double-standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Well lets see: He had a birthdate making him older then 35, so thats fine. His mother was an American, a NATURALY born American, therefore any of her offspring at any age she gives birth are "natural-born citizens."
You get an "F" in Immigration Law. REDO FROM START

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
We will move on to college transcripts and applications to law school.
I think we should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
His timing was impeccable.
Of course it was. He had to do something to deflect attention away from the Social Security Number thing which is gaining credence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How anyone honestly believed that no one did their due diligence to prove that this man was eligible to run in the first place is totally beyond me.
But it where is it required?

Seriously, show me a law where it is. It's always been something we've accepted on faith, but perhaps it's time to vet candidates for president prior to the primarires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
A full 41% of Republicans think that Obama was "definitely" or "probably" born outside the U.S., views shared by 29% of Independents and 15% of Democrats.

Twenty-nine percent of Americans think Obama "probably" was born in the U.S., and only 42% are certain he was.
And who's fault is that?

That is Obama's fault entirely. He could have killed this issue within 24 hours after it surfaced.

But he didn't.

So now even though something has been released, there are many that won't be convinced, so he might as well write off their vote, and again, that's his fault.

He's an arrogant prick, and, well, he'll pay for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
For 3 years now we said that even if he did get the Hawaii Department of Health to MAKE AN EXCEPTION TO THEIR POLICY, and release a copy of his long form birth certificate
That's an outrageous lie. Several hundred people have disproved that by obtaining the original copy of their birth certificates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The real question is, why didn't Obama just release it in the first place?
It was an error in bad judgment on his part, but then we've seen him making many errors in bad judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
. And why is there no birth weight?
I don't know, but I can tell you that in 1961 not all States required it to be recorded on the birth certificate as part of their Vital Statistics.

You would need to compare with other birth certificates issued in Hawaii at the same time to verify or refute the birth certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
The facts are that any black person would have been considered "Negroid" or "Negro" and African is not a race. Africa is a continent. There is no way in hell that African would have been used as the race of the father in 1961. It can't be legally used now as a race since it is NOT a race.
That is absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
In order to get the long form released, President Obama had to send his lawyers to Hawaii with a written request to make an exception to their state law and release the long form copy.
Again, that's an outrageous lie.

Any Hawaiian resident can obtain a copy of the original birth certificate, the long form. What Hawaii says is this...

Quote:
Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.
...however they will issue the original long form if you request. People doing genealogical research often request the original long forms, because they contain additional information. Hawaii prefers to issue a computer generated version because it's easier than having someone retrieve documents from storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No other President has released their birth certificate to the public.
John McCain did.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:22 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,455,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too funny. A TV game show host gets Obama to do something the fourth estate couldn't get him to do and you think Trump has the problem?
Donald Trump is the loser because President Obama had already provided his birth certificate. The Donald LIED and stated that his "investigators" had found that there was no BC.

Donald Trump is a LIAR. And he is delusional on a massive scale. All of the idiots who were quoting him and pledging their dying devotion to him are the biggest idiots. They will get even more egg on their faces when Donald Trump announces in the last few seconds on the season finale of The Celebrity Apprentice that after "careful consideration" he has decided not to run for POTUS.... that'll be a shocker

Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,183,616 times
OK donald you can crawl back under your rock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Donald Trump - King of the Looney Toons

I for one am ashamed that Obama caved to these stark raving mad lunatic Birthers.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,455,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Obama's approval ratings are so low that people
in Kenya are now accusing him of being
born in the United States.

And still, more proof that 3rd grade level jokes were the mentality that The Donald was catering to with his "birther" nonsense.

Donald Trump just got President Obama's boot on his neck. Love it!!

Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,970,226 times
If Obama thought the whole issue was "silly" and "distracting" and ultimately "hurtful to the country" then why didn't he nip this in the bud years ago? What happened to that transparency he promised? He allowed the media to go overboard on a ridiculous issue that serves only to divide this country.

Why Did Obama Wait Until Today to Release His Long-Form Birth Certificate?
Team Obama thought the "birther issue" was politically advantageous for them. But the White House has concluded the issue is bad for Obama. More people than ever now doubt Obama is a natural-born citizen, and Donald Trump's talking on TV about the birth certificate for the past month hasn't kept Obama's poll numbers from ticking downward.

Dear Mr. President: What took you so long?
But the question remains: Why did Obama, who has proudly vowed his administration would be the "most open and transparent in history," wait so long?

Even Democrats privately faulted the Obama White House for allowing the issue to metastasize into a mini-scandal, even though the underlying facts were more-or-less commonplace political practice.

Rush Limbaugh: Trump, bad polls forced Obama’s hand
"I think it's all about the polling data. I think up until now the polling data showed it was a winning issue for Obama. Birthers were considered crackpots. The polling data show as long as they continue that way, there was hay to be made, by Obama by not releasing the birth certificate and stoking these people, then [Donald] Trump comes along and I really believe that the polling data, the internal polling data at the White House runs shows that the issue was starting to take place."

"So it probably went from a net positive to something that was starting to show a major problem – credibility, dishonesty, what have you."

Last edited by renault; 04-27-2011 at 02:50 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,270,870 times
If anyone is interested, here are copies of requests and replies for a wavier to obtain Obama's long form.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...espondence.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies