Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM

102 posts, read 170,465 times

Advertisements

First let me preface this by saying I am a conservative and anti-Obama, however I was never a "birther" and I am not one to jump on the first conspiracy-theory bandwagon that comes along.

I had serious doubts about Obama's birth certificate and here's why: There was some probable cause to think he may not have been born in the country, but they were doubts that could have been easily rectified. As the months dragged on, and he kept adamantly refusing to produce the document to appease the American public (right or wrong, doesn't really matter at the point of contention) my doubts grew. Since the elephant was already in the room -- why not just produce the damn certificate?

Quick analogy - years ago I was friendly with a certain married couple. The wife had relatively sound reasons to believe her husband had been unfaithful, although she had no concrete evidence. As this continued to eat away at their relationship, the husband kept denying and dismissing her thoughts as "irrational" even though there was some legitimacy to doubt he had been unfaithful in a certain situation. The wife, after having this issue corrode her trust almost entirely, asked the husband to please, once and for all, submit to a polygraph test. I thought this was reasonable, given the damage this issue was doing to their marriage. I assumed if he was truly innocent as he professed, there was nothing to worry about. Just do the test -- and be done with it. He didn't. I then started to believe he definitely had something to hide at that point. "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing."

Why didn't Obama just submit this certificate in the first place, and BE DONE WITH IT. Yes, sometimes we get insulted, sometimes things aren't fair, but for heavens sake, if you are the leader of a country and something like this is clouding the issues -- JUST GET RID OF IT.

I'm tired of listening to the liberal media now proclaiming how anyone that had doubts is unamerican, blah, blah, blah, being an escapists from real issues, blah, blah, blah. Not necessarily. There's another very big elephant in the room here liberals -- one of the reasons Obama was demonized with this issue is because, as Trump correctly stated, he is one of the WORST presidents in US history. A complete and utter failure. You can be certain that if he had been a very effective and excellent president, this issue would have been dealt with on a public level in a much different manner.

Now for those who still do not accept this certificate, I say this: You aren't completely crazy given that the government is so incredibly corrupt and tampering or creating a document is not the hardest thing in the world. I am not saying I believe this to be the case, but stranger things have happened.

I thought Bush was a terrible president, but Obama has raised that bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM

132 posts, read 159,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
First let me preface this by saying I am a conservative and anti-Obama, however I was never a "birther" and I am not one to jump on the first conspiracy-theory bandwagon that comes along.

I had serious doubts about Obama's birth certificate and here's why: There was some probable cause to think he may not have been born in the country, but they were doubts that could have been easily rectified. As the months dragged on, and he kept adamantly refusing to produce the document to appease the American public (right or wrong, doesn't really matter at the point of contention) my doubts grew. Since the elephant was already in the room -- why not just produce the damn certificate?

Quick analogy - years ago I was friendly with a certain married couple. The wife had relatively sound reasons to believe her husband had been unfaithful, although she had no concrete evidence. As this continued to eat away at their relationship, the husband kept denying and dismissing her thoughts as "irrational" even though there was some legitimacy to doubt he had been unfaithful in a certain situation. The wife, after having this issue corrode her trust almost entirely, asked the husband to please, once and for all, submit to a polygraph test. I thought this was reasonable, given the damage this issue was doing to their marriage. I assumed if he was truly innocent as he professed, there was nothing to worry about. Just do the test -- and be done with it. He didn't. I then started to believe he definitely had something to hide at that point. "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing."

Why didn't Obama just submit this certificate in the first place, and BE DONE WITH IT. Yes, sometimes we get insulted, sometimes things aren't fair, but for heavens sake, if you are the leader of a country and something like this is clouding the issues -- JUST GET RID OF IT.

I'm tired of listening to the liberal media now proclaiming how anyone that had doubts is unamerican, blah, blah, blah, being an escapists from real issues, blah, blah, blah. Not necessarily. There's another very big elephant in the room here liberals -- one of the reasons Obama was demonized with this issue is because, as Trump correctly stated, he is one of the WORST presidents in US history. A complete and utter failure. You can be certain that if he had been a very effective and excellent president, this issue would have been dealt with on a public level in a much different manner.

Now for those who still do not accept this certificate, I say this: You aren't completely crazy given that the government is so incredibly corrupt and tampering or creating a document is not the hardest thing in the world. I am not saying I believe this to be the case, but stranger things have happened.

I thought Bush was a terrible president, but Obama has raised that bar.

he produced the certificate in 2008. Everything that happened after that was all in your head.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,148,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Uh isn't he like 2 years late?

If he would have released it when he ran, then he wouldn't have had all this "birther
issue. I mean who does he think he is? If us "average" Americans have to show our birth certificate to get a passport, drivers license, etc, why can't he show us who he really is?
Right on, his birthplace was questioned from the beginning & the media never gave it any attention. If he had nothing to hide, why did he refuse to release the official record? Maybe it took this long to have one forged & placed into the records.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
yep, Trump has redefined "trumped up"...

"I was told my someone that the long form DOESN'T exist"

trump is a born loser
Trump is a born liar!

Old 04-27-2011, 02:07 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
It is ridiculous that something that can be so easily verified is a political issue. As Obama himself said it is silliness. But those who want to disbelieve will always do so no matter how much evidence is presented.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think it is embarrassing that the President didn't tell them all to shove it.

He really has no backbone whatsoever.
Proof that he's damned if he do and damned if he don't.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:10 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
It only took him 2 years to release it, enough time to fabricate a real good one, so do you believe it's real?

Also, what took him so long, since he was supposed to be so "transparent"?
No matter what President Obama does the Birthers won't be happy.

I'd show it to them and then tell them to kiss my g*dd*mn *ss.

Of course he's not going to go there but I'd love it if he did.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, the poor left is in shock over the damage that was done to poor ole' Obama.....
The bigots are still in shock that their guru The Donald was proved a LIAR and had his -ss handed to him.

YouTube - Liar

Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What was so difficult that Obama couldn't do this in the beginning ?
Obama should have done this on day 1 instead of ignoring/avoiding it.

It reflects poorly on him and his claims of transparecy, he could have easily settled this issue years ago. The whole issue reflects poorly on his judgement.

As for the Birthers it's time to move on, case closed.
I tend to agree with you. But I think Obama's role in causing this controversy is more troubling than merely reflecting poorly on his judgment. If he withheld his birth certificate deliberately in order to cause this type of controversy then that makes him out to be extremely cynical--not an admirable trait.

On the other hand if he withheld the certificate because he felt the people demanding it did not deserve that level of disclosure from the president then he showed himself to be an elitist and not a democrat (small 'd'). Again, not a very endearing trait in a leader.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Birthers need to seek mental help. Some serious issues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies