Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:18 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I'm still wondering where people got the idea that he was "forced" to do anything.
He chose to put the issue to it's final rest after CNN debunked every birther claim, and made Trump look like at best a fool, at worst a flat out liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
He chose to put the issue to it's final rest after CNN debunked every birther claim, and made Trump look like at best a fool, at worst a flat out liar.
Especially considering that his birth cert has been there since the beginning of his campaign.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What about that overlay on the "date" stamp in the lower left corner? That looks awful suspicious. It sure does look like that was taped in.
And if this form was clear and blemish free, the birthers would say it was produced just today and is obviously a forgery. Give it up, guys!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't have any doubt that Reagan was born in Illinois in 1911. I was just pointing out that no president other than Obama released his birth certificate while in office and that in fact most US presidents didn't even have birth certificates.

Reagan was born in an apartment building in Illinois in 1911. His birth wasn't recorded and no birth certificate was issued. When he enlisted in the military in 1942, they wanted a birth certificate. Reagan contacted the state of Illinois which then, 31 years after his birth, fabricated one for him.
The birth certificate is in the Ronald Wilson Reagan Library. Yes, it was issued in 1991 to the library.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And if this form was clear and blemish free, the birthers would say it was produced just today and is obviously a forgery. Give it up, guys!
If birthers keep this up they will be viewed right there with the tinfoil hat people, the days of the general public being sympathetic to their doubts are over. That's really clear if you get out there and hear what regular people are saying.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I couldn't care less if the race says he's "AFRICAN." If it was fake, I am sure that those involved in this vast conspiracy would make sure that the race is valid. My father didn't fight in WWII either but both of by grandfathers did and I am still AMERICAN.

BTW, I didn't know that the US government kept certificates of live birth on file for every human on the planet. Your logic is flawed and ithe whole birther movement is unAmerican and unpatriotic. Be accountable for the embarassment that is the birther movement and apologize. I know that is asking too much since the birther movement has nothing to do with where the POTUS was born

You are correct the States don't issue Certificates of Live Birth unless there is a request. Most often that request is made by a family member who is not American. There is no need to be American to make such a request, as the Birth Cerificate is made out shortly after a birth.

African is not a race period. No man, women, or child on earth is African, anymore than you or me are North American. We do come from a part of North America, but it won't state that on your birth cert.

I don't have a Cert of live Birth, do you? You won't if you were born on American soil.

And my father did fight in WW-2 and in the Pacific Threater in submarines.

I am no bither either. I saw thru this flake long before the election. I could see he had no idea what being American is, and i could see he was soundly unfit to be pres. The poor baby......

If any appology is due let Obama be the one. The dark of night deals remember? The broken promises, LOL that was no promise! How do you like 'Hope and Change'?

Hell, I am not even disappointed, since I knew this chump would be less than useless.

You reap what you sew or sow, and you lefties are getting exactly that, nuthin'. How does that 'FEEL'?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The birth certificate is in the Ronald Wilson Reagan Library. Yes, it was issued in 1991 to the library.
I know. However, Reagan (well, his parents) was not issued a birth certificate at his birth. He only got one 31 years later when the state of Illinois, taking Reagan at his word, fabricated one for him for the first time for the military.

Another poster said that all presidents were requited to, and had in fact, produced and released birth certificates. I was simply pointing out that that is not true. Obama is the only president who has released his birth certificate either as a candidate or while in office. Most US presidents never even had a birth certificate to produce - they were born at a time when birth certificates weren't done.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

I don't have a Cert of live Birth, do you? '?
what state were you born in?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I've never personally met anyone who honestly believed that Obama was born anywhere but Hawaii, I've met tons of people who honestly believe that 9/11 was an inside job...
I've never believed that, nor even thought it. Maybe I'm naive.

But I have thought that without 9/11, GW Bush would have been a slam dunk candidate for the worst moron ever to visit Washington, much less get elected twice.

The very first thing I said when he was elected the first time, was "Oh God, Iraq here we come". Yes, I have witnesses that all said Come On! Then he followed through on the promises of CFMA, from the Clinton Administration and supported by most, and practically killed the world, let alone just our own nation.

Last decade did more harm to the US, from within, than 9/11 ever could have accomplished. The sad part of it all is that some people wish we could return to those dark days.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
African is not a race period.
the father's race is self-declared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies