Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Fool's bet.
Well we probably will hear about it..from YOU. I stand corrected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Now that President Obama has shown his long form birth certificate, can we officially put an end to this birther movement? Many conservatives and Republicans are claiming the movement is embarrassing to the party. For the record, I'm not an Obama supporter. I can think of many more legitimate topics to criticize Obama for as his perpetuation of the war, his failure to close GITMO, Obamacare and his stimulus bill. However, this birther issue is embarrassing to Republicans and to American politics. This was truly a National Enquirer topic that occupied too much of our time when more important issues were pressing.

And if people continue to question his citizenship even after this evidence, I think it's fair to say the issue was never about his citizenship but merely a cheap ploy to criticize Obama or that a certain percentage of the population are psychologically impaired and have some degree of paranoid schizophrenia. If you are a Republican and want to see Obama lose his re-election effort, it is best to move past this birther movement because all it is doing is hurting the party. Credit Fox's Bill O'reilly who criticized the movement when Hannity, Beck and most conservative media were supporting birhters. O'reilly said Republicans need to move past this and it was hurting the party's image. It looks like he was right.
For some it will be over, even though they don't want it to end as it did. For others it will never be over, their hate and stupidity will not allow it and there is no cure for stupid as a couple of posts on this thread have proven without a doubt.
Casper

Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
The Birther movement won't die until Obama is out of office, in 2016, and even then it will probably live on in some lesser form. Especially now that Trump has chimed in and made their movement the top story in the media.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Does this whole debacle not show how the Republican party is now so fragmented that it needs stupidity to fight Obama. I wish the Republican Party put more effort in keeping their books straight ( is it $42,000,000 in debt or $43,000,000?) and restructuring the badly defeated party, than this absolute stupidity.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I think it is odd that everyone supposes that just because the WH issued a BC that eligibilty as been established.
Not everyone, just sane, intelligent, educated intellectually honest people. The haters and crazies will never be satisfied.

Quote:
This was less about if Obama was born in the USA and more to the question of elegibility, at least, for those where were paying attention. There are still many questions unanswered because of the documents Obama has not been willing to release.

The liberals labeled it wrong by calling people "Birthers', they should have mentioned elegibility.
No one cares. Even the scores of gullible rubes are starting to see you people for what you really are.

It's not pretty, but it sure is funny.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
No. Never. They took suspisciously long to answer the question, creating too many doubters.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You tell 'em, man! They FORGED THE NEWPAPERS TOO!!!! I'm glad at least one person here understands that everyone knew Obama was going to be president, so the papers also made a fake birth announcement - at THE SAME TIME - to prepare for the role that infant would play in world politics someday.

Man, that was hard to type with a straight face.
I'm sorry, we're going to need to see the video to prove that you typed it with a straight face. IOW, video, or it didn't happen.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
I think it is odd that everyone supposes that just because the WH issued a BC that eligibilty as been established.

This was less about if Obama was born in the USA and more to the question of elegibility, at least, for those where were paying attention.
Wow, just look at those goalposts go! Seriously, I always thought of you as a poster one could reasonably disagree with, but...

So, what eligibility issues would that be? Born in the US neatly settles the natural born citizen question, so is your contention that he's
  • under 35?
  • or haven't lived in the US for 14 years?
Those are the requirements. Unless you've joined the "must have 2 citizen parents" crowd, which is of course ridiculous in that it was never raised before the election, by anyone. Only when the BC angle didn't pan out did the crazies decide to come up with a new super-special requirement.

Quote:
There are still many questions unanswered because of the documents Obama has not been willing to release.

The liberals labeled it wrong by calling people "Birthers', they should have mentioned elegibility.
"eligibility", and I'm sorry, but you were the ones to beat the BC drum until it blew up in your faces. What documents would influence eligibility?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
If the press had resolved this 3 years ago there might have been no issue. As their subscriber based is now smaller, the press can't really control the narrative.
Agreed. I tried to make that point in another thread.

This whole BC/elegibility issue is a contrived mystery created by Obama himself, even moreso than the media. There is no doubt that the media failed to live up to their responsibility in vetting Obama the candidate. However, no other POTUS has sealed his records. The public has a right to know everything about the POTUS as he is the man on the red button of thermonuclear war. If he can be blackmailed because he is hiding something he is a danger to this country.

As to Ceece's remark of "what documents" and was I kidding, no, I am not kidding. I also hate to beat a dead horse and post things that have been written in this forum dozen's of times already. So, maybe Ceece should ask herself, given Obama's background, beyond the question of "natural born citizen", and the fact that he was adopted and took his 2nd father's name at some point either prior to or after moving to Indonesia, what those other document's might be. Or, is that assignment above your paygrade?

Is Trump a hero for getting this out? No, it is a set-up and Trump is playing the role of a spoiler. If anyone actually believes that after claiming for so long that the BC released 2 years ago was, as claimed, the "only one", and that suddenly a billionare with bad hair can make every network cut out without notice and Obama magically produces another BC that is now "the one", and legitimate, I have some magic beans to sell you that will grow a nice beanstalk.

This POTUS would not go on TV for over a week to address the American people about his decision, without Congressional approval, to start war #3 in Libya, and yet he will interrupt network broadcasting when goated about his BC? Really? It makes good kabuki theater if you are really that gullible, I suppose.

Meanwhile, what we are not watching is:

Destruction of the US currency and economy

3 wars in the middle east....headed to #4 in Syria

Criminal behavior by BATFE in conjuction with the US DOJ in an attempt to create a situation (read crisis) on the US-Mexico border allowing this administration to strike the 2nd Amendment from the US Constitution and confiscate the firearms of law abiding citizens.

Backdoor policies enacted to make amnesty defacto law in regard to illegal alien "Dream" students after failing to pass the legislation due to overwheling public opposition.

World banks positioning to create a new world currency as they punt the US dollar.

So, y'all keep cheering this manchurian candidate who is, as a tool of the global elite, fundamentally destroying the USA, her Constitution, and her sovereignty as we sink ever closer to a police state that even Orwell couldn't imagine. Go ahead and cheer your sides like lemmings at Jonestown. I suspect very few are going to enjoy the ending if the course is not dramatically changed in the immediate future.

Dane-in-LA, you are not even in the right county when it comes to your guesses. I thought you were intellectually elite. And yes, the questions have been raised by some since before the election, you just were not paying attention, nor was the mainstream media. Think....you can do it.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Agreed. I tried to make that point in another thread.

This whole BC/elegibility issue is a contrived mystery created by Obama himself, even moreso than the media. There is no doubt that the media failed to live up to their responsibility in vetting Obama the candidate. However, no other POTUS has sealed his records. The public has a right to know everything about the POTUS as he is the man on the red button of thermonuclear war. If he can be blackmailed because he is hiding something he is a danger to this country.

As to Ceece's remark of "what documents" and was I kidding, no, I am not kidding. I also hate to beat a dead horse and post things that have been written in this forum dozen's of times already. So, maybe Ceece should ask herself, given Obama's background, beyond the question of "natural born citizen", and the fact that he was adopted and took his 2nd father's name at some point either prior to or after moving to Indonesia, what those other document's might be. Or, is that assignment above your paygrade?
Is Trump a hero for getting this out? No, it is a set-up and Trump is playing the role of a spoiler. If anyone actually believes that after claiming for so long that the BC released 2 years ago was, as claimed, the "only one", and that suddenly a billionare with bad hair can make every network cut out without notice and Obama magically produces another BC that is now "the one", and legitimate, I have some magic beans to sell you that will grow a nice beanstalk.

This POTUS would not go on TV for over a week to address the American people about his decision, without Congressional approval, to start war #3 in Libya, and yet he will interrupt network broadcasting when goated about his BC? Really? It makes good kabuki theater if you are really that gullible, I suppose.

Meanwhile, what we are not watching is:

Destruction of the US currency and economy

3 wars in the middle east....headed to #4 in Syria

Criminal behavior by BATFE in conjuction with the US DOJ in an attempt to create a situation (read crisis) on the US-Mexico border allowing this administration to strike the 2nd Amendment from the US Constitution and confiscate the firearms of law abiding citizens.

Backdoor policies enacted to make amnesty defacto law in regard to illegal alien "Dream" students after failing to pass the legislation due to overwheling public opposition.

World banks positioning to create a new world currency as they punt the US dollar.

So, y'all keep cheering this manchurian candidate who is, as a tool of the global elite, fundamentally destroying the USA, her Constitution, and her sovereignty as we sink ever closer to a police state that even Orwell couldn't imagine. Go ahead and cheer your sides like lemmings at Jonestown. I suspect very few are going to enjoy the ending if the course is not dramatically changed in the immediate future.

Dane-in-LA, you are not even in the right county when it comes to your guesses. I thought you were intellectually elite. And yes, the questions have been raised by some since before the election, you just were not paying attention, nor was the mainstream media. Think....you can do it.
B#1 (Black) Stop with the lies. Obama was not adopted by Soetero. That solves the huge "mystery" of why no adoption papers have ever surfaced.

B#2 (Red) Cut the personal attacks, especially since you complain about people "attacking" you.

B#3 (Blue) Ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies