Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the race of the individuals matters in a crime
The race matters more when the crime involves whites 6 7.50%
The race matters more when the crime involves blacks 20 25.00%
The race doesn't matter at all because races don't cause crimes individuals do 54 67.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:30 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This trash will and should be charged with interfereing with a law enforcement officer. She was drunk and not obeying his orders.
No problem there. Obstruction is against the law. It IS not a question that the woman was wrong. The problem is the way that the cop handled it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:30 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Really, at one point does it become excessive.
When it continues after the threat has been neutralized.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Call Al and Jesse!!!

Wait

Call Newt and Donald!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'd have tased her a$$. You do not put your hands on a police officer-period.
Pretty much this.

While the officer probably shouldn't have slapped her, as soon as she was swinging, all bets were off. I don't have a problem with the officer punching the woman after she threw the punches.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:35 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Here's another view

YouTube - The Empire Strikes in IHOP restaurant

Old 04-27-2011, 09:35 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
The cop is wrong. She had no weapon and her attack on him he didnt feel.
She should go to jail though because she was wrong.
But he was worse.
I'll bet that cops wife would agree.
She too gets a taste of him when he gets going.
Punk. he hit her like she was a 300 pound man.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Really, at one point does it become excessive. WHy not just pull a gun out and shoot her between the eyes. That would teach her a lesson. This is just one big fat cop who has no control of his temper. I bet dollars to doughnuts the PD loses in court. The cop is no better than a street thug. How was he trying to arrest the other person on the other side of the table. Was he going to pull her over the top of the table? He is a loser.
Big fat cop? Are you blind? He's wearing a bullet proof vest, he's not fat at all. Look at the video I just posted, he was trying to pull this girl out of the booth and she was resisting then her soon to be hit in the face friend tried to stop him.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
She should go to jail though because she was wrong.
But he was worse.
I'll bet that cops wife would agree.
She too gets a taste of him when he gets going.
Punk. he hit her like she was a 300 pound man.
If you swing at a police officer expect to get hit back, I don't care how large you are or what size you are. You don't hit a police officer, especially when he's trying to do his job dealing with your friend who's resisting arrest.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Here's my take, I had a bigger problem with the slap than the punch.

When the woman initially grabbed him my second guessing would say that he could done something else to neutralize the woman, but that's me saying this from the comfort of my laptop. I don't know if he felt he was being pulled off balance or what.

But when she starts hauling off on him, he used enough force to end the attack and when the attack ceased so did his use of force whether she got punched or hit over the head with a nightstick, hey, you just don't wail on a cop and not expect to get wailed on in return. Its a cops duty to end the threat using an escalating ladder of force.
When Ovcatto and I agree on something it should be enough for others to take notice.
I think the cop could have done something differently when he was grabbed. He could have twisted or rolled his arm and easily broken her grip. It's almost impossible for tained wrestler to maintain that kind of a grip and I'm certain that woman couldn't have maintained it. Instead he slapped her. Nothing too damaging; it was intended mearly to sting and cause her to break off her 'attack' or grapple on him. I think it was excessive but it probably looked worse than it was. After that, things got out of control fast. She swung at him and the real fight was on. It seemed like it took them awhile to take her to ground too and that made it look like more police brutality than it probably was. If you've ever seen most of the cop shows you know that takedowns can be very violent including hte knee on the back of the neck (I always hate seeing that). It could have gone much worse for the woman.
By the way, what happened to the original woman the cop was trying to deal with?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Rather irrelevant.

The point is, the cop was in the wrong for slapping the woman. That I will agree with.

However, when the woman starts swinging her fists, a punch is the quickest and easiest way to subdue her, and completely within the cop's rights to do so.

If someone comes at me swinging, I'm going to make sure they can't swing at me for much longer. No matter their genitals dangle or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies