Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the race of the individuals matters in a crime
The race matters more when the crime involves whites 6 7.50%
The race matters more when the crime involves blacks 20 25.00%
The race doesn't matter at all because races don't cause crimes individuals do 54 67.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:22 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why? He was working a side security job at IHOP, what's wrong with that? IHOP hired him to handle situations exactly like this because drunk people tend to cause trouble in places like that.
I can't go further into the woman resisting, even if it looked excessive on the cop's end until I know the full story.

However, the cop DID accelerate the situation by slapping the woman. That was uncalled for and unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:22 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
In this world of equal opprotunity...
Some women will do things banking on the old value system. I'm a woman so they wont hit me back.
Well I am here to tell you. A strange woman throws a punch at me? Her butt will hit the deck.
She was assualting the cop repeatedly. If she didnt want hit back then she shouldnt have been throwing punches, grabbing the cop or acting the fool like she was. She is not a victim of anything but her own stupidity.
The cop.
Well he never said no to seconds and thats obvious. He is a good 100 pounds over weight. His punch barely phased her. How sad is that?
Its easy for the arm chair quarterbacks to second guess or find fault. because its not them being assaulted. They say the woman didnt deserve it. This is not a question of deserving it. Its a matter of what did she do to bring it upon herself.
1. Never attack a cop doing his job. No matter what that won't have a happy ending.
2. Never assault a cop. never has a happy ending.
3. Public brawling? Never has a happy ending.
This women needs some jail time to learn perhaps. The cop needs a diet and exercise routine to drop that 100 extra pounds. He should also consider a self defence class because its obvious he can,t defend himself worth a damn.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
If he was off-duty why was he trying to arrest the woman?

Why didn't he call for on duty officers to handle the situation?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This thread is a response to the thread that was started about the fight in McDonalds where people wanted to make an issue over the race of the perpetrators beating up a transsexual.
I never made it a race issue, and I'm not completely convinced that it wasn't an issue over the poor woman being a transexual, but that's not an argument for here.

Quote:
I wanted to know how many people would post that the woman who was punched by the "off duty" cop was an animal, a gorilla and deserved to be punched
Considering that she did not ACT like an animal unlike the two animals that completely mauled the woman in the McDonald's, no, I'm not going to refer to this lady as an animal.

It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with actions.

Quote:
This tells me that when white women are slapped around and punched by a cop, people believe that she deserved to be punched and that the cop is always right.
Or you could actually read what's being said.

I'm saying that the slap was wrong, but the punch is understandable. As in, if someone comes at me with strikes, I'm going to strike back.

And I'm not saying the cop was right. I did at first, but I'm changing my opinion on that based upon the other video that was posted.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course he can.
I know anyone can, my point is can they just detain, or arrest under the law? Are the circumstances of an arrest ever complicated by whether or not the officer is on or off-duty? That was my question.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I know anyone can, my point is can they just detain, or arrest under the law? Are the circumstances of an arrest ever complicated by whether or not the officer is on or off-duty? That was my question.
Pretty much any police officer will tell you there is no such thing as 'off duty' .

Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Hmmmmmmmm. In every photo I've seen lately of female soldiers, they tend to be carrying big-a$$ GUNS! Wonder where this woman was hiding hers.

BTW, keep it coming. I'm racking up a tidy bit of rep in this thread. Thanks!
So when they run out of ammo the enemy is supposed to just dismiss them?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I don't know any officer that is ever off duty, find one and ask him.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This trash will and should be charged with interfereing with a law enforcement officer. She was drunk and not obeying his orders.

F*** his orders! Who died and appoited him supreme ruler?

The cops should be charged with violating their First Amendment rights for telling them to be quiet.

Since when does the state have the authority to order public silence?

Note the same gigantic douche told our camera operator to also "shut up".

See the pattern?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Here's my take, I had a bigger problem with the slap than the punch.

When the woman initially grabbed him my second guessing would say that he could done something else to neutralize the woman, but that's me saying this from the comfort of my laptop. I don't know if he felt he was being pulled off balance or what.

But when she starts hauling off on him, he used enough force to end the attack and when the attack ceased so did his use of force whether she got punched or hit over the head with a nightstick, hey, you just don't wail on a cop and not expect to get wailed on in return. Its a cops duty to end the threat using an escalating ladder of force.
Well, not just duty, cops also have their pride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies