Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's worse then that, 0bama wants to end the $4 billion or so tax subsides to US oil companies for drilling an exploration, and give that money away for solar and wind energy. But, he just loaned $2 billion to Brazil for oil exploration. As if we can power our automoblies, trains, planes and trucks with wind or solar.
Didn't he also just loan $3 billion to Columbia so they could build refineries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
I got a blister on my foot today. It's all Obama's fault. Even though my insurance premiums went up exactly the same amount percentage wise as they have for the last seven years, it's all Obamacare's fault. They forgot to put onions on my burger at Wendy's. It's all Obama's fault. Gas prices aren't quite as high as the highest point under Bush. It's all Obama's fault. I dropped my toothbrush in the toilet and had to buy a new one. It's all Obama's fault. I didn't have the sense to move my retirement into bonds when the stock market fell and then to move them back to stocks in anticipation of economic growth. It's all Obama's fault. My oatmeal was lumpy this morning. It's all Obama's fault. My head hurts from reading these tired threads over and over again. It's all Obama's fault.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
We give Brazil $2 billion so they can drill yet we are just going to sit around doing nothing about it?
Snopes: Mostly False. As the Snopes articles said, the Glenn Beck piece is false. Obama signed no such exec order. The $2 billion loan was under the Bush Admin.

Am I the only one who has the internet and can check facts?

Or is is that you're tuned only into the Obama Sux cable news network?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Snopes: Mostly False. As the Snopes articles said, the Glenn Beck piece is false. Obama signed no such exec order. The $2 billion loan was under the Bush Admin.

Their are many things that Bush approved that 0bama has canceled, and he chose not to get in the way of this one.

Bush is not the president any more, 0bama is, and he is really happy about oil... when it's produced in Brazil.

0bama: "The second place we want to partner with Brazil is on the issue of energy, which is why President Rousseff and I also agreed to launch a Strategic Energy Dialogue. By some estimates, the oil you recently discovered off the shores of Brazil could amount to twice the reserves we have in the United States. We want to work with you. We want to help with technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely, and when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers. At a time when we’ve been reminded how easily instability in other parts of the world can affect the price of oil, the United States could not be happier with the potential for a new, stable source of energy."

Sorry, the source is not from Fox News.

Remarks by the President at CEO Business Summit in Brasilia, Brazil | The White House

Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
maybe, but qoutes can be misused to morph someone's true intentions.

then maybe you should start looking for particular sites that don't just lean to one side.

Look, I don't like Obama either, but I certainly don't support conservatism either. This crisis started from that ideal in the first place.
so quit obsessing with the politics of the web site I found my links on. It is not my fault that liberal leaning web sites do not like posting unflattering stories and videos of 0bama. But if people like me do not educate the left, they will be content to gulp the Kool-aid.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
High gas prices weren't Bush's fault then, and they aren't Obama's fault now. While Presidents throughout history have made a lot of noise about the subject, the reality is they have little, to no, control over the price of gas.

Quote:
Your presumption is that the rising cost of gasoline is caused by a shortage of gasoline or crude oil. It is not. There is ample supply of both. In fact, the Saudis just cut supply because there is too much on the market. Thus, increasing drilling (even if the government could force private companies to do so) won't make the price lower.

It's quite enlightening reading posts from conservatives complain about the price of a commodity entirely controlled by private companies and further complain that President Obama should intervene and cause it to be lower.

There are plenty of permits out there that oil cos have a right to drill. They don't because they don't need to flood the market with oil.
Yup, and domestic oil production is at it's highest levels since 2003.

Also, as stated before by others, it makes absolutely no difference if we produce more oil in the US or not. It is not the US's oil, it is the drilling company's oil, and they will still sell it on the open global market. If we doubled our oil production today, it isn't as if the price would come down for us. We are not Venezuela. The oil is not ours.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The first statement is a complete lie and I had to stop there. Gas was $3.11 a gallon when Obama was sworn into office. Gas prices were soaring under Bush, while he and his big oil cronies were laughing all the way to the bank. Remember when you couldn't give away an SUV a few years ago? Obama got the prices down a few months after getting into office from the disastrous republican administration.

U.S. gas prices
you are so full of shyt along with your link:

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=36&Areas =USA Average,,&Unit=US $/G (broken link)

Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:

Snopes is no authority on ANYTHING. They have a left-wing bias and that is a fact. How does a mom and pop website get all this info? They use their buddies to get whatever info they want to further their agenda. That is completely obvious.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
High gas prices weren't Bush's fault then, and they aren't Obama's fault now. While Presidents throughout history have made a lot of noise about the subject, the reality is they have little, to no, control over the price of gas.

Yup, and domestic oil production is at it's highest levels since 2003.

Also, as stated before by others, it makes absolutely no difference if we produce more oil in the US or not. It is not the US's oil, it is the drilling company's oil, and they will still sell it on the open global market. If we doubled our oil production today, it isn't as if the price would come down for us. We are not Venezuela. The oil is not ours.
The point is that 0bama's action throughout his administration have been anti-energy. They have been halting both oil and coal production. Oil, gas, coal and electricity costs will skyrocket because of his policies.

0bama, and members in his administration have stated their goals were to cause energy prices to soar.

BTW, if increased oil production in the US would not lower oil prices, why has 0bama stated that he wanted to release the US strategic oil reserves to lower prices? Either the left and 0bama believe increased oil production lowers prices or it doesn't, but they seem to want it both ways.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Oh my gosh, thanks Wapasha. Bu most of us do have eyes and ears i believe. How can anyone not see the high prices of Gasoline and Energy from this Administration and President, does not take a rocket scientiset to figure this one out. Clearly the prices of risen dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies