Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
They can't even agree amoung themselves on much of anyhtig but hating religion.
The only thing we need to agree on is that fairy tail characters don't exist in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:43 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I can hear heads exploding!
Did you know chaplains are allowed to spew hatred and are exempt from some parts of the DADT rescission. They don't have to tell anyone that it's not appropriate to hate or commit crimes against gays.

Have a link chielgirl, or are we just going your say so?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
That has to be one of weakest arguments I have ever seen. There are many hateful things written in countless books. The fact that you think the bible is special means nothing to other people. I am sure that you can find a large group of people that believe in and find true meaning in hate filled tomes like "The Turner Diaries" or "Mein Kampf". Hate you find in a book is still hate and that includes the hatred, violence, rape and other disgusting things that can be found in the bible.

The Bible I've read says "love your neighbor as yourself" and "do unto others that which you would have others do unto you".

Seems everything you disagree with is "hate".

Is that because its easier to label what you disagree with as "hate" than to actually try to defend your beliefs with logical arguments based in fact?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Our troops need practical REAL solutions to their psychological problems and resources are in short supply.

The more counselors/psychologists who deal with REAL issues and just don't sugar coat it, pat the soldier on the head and drool," God loves you so everything's OK," the better.

So what will an Atheist say?

Since there is no after life, don't worry about getting killed because you won't know you're dead.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
So in other words, atheism is a religion as well? A religion of non-belief.
Yes it is

Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Bible I've read says "love your neighbor as yourself" and "do unto others that which you would have others do unto you".

Seems everything you disagree with is "hate".

Is that because its easier to label what you disagree with as "hate" than to actually try to defend your beliefs with logical arguments based in fact?
There is no logical argument based on fact that the Christian god exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Yes it is
No it isn't [/3 years old]

Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
We're really getting into an Amish Bus Driver thing here. Like being on the Rules committee of the Anarchist Party

Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 AM

20 posts, read 7,981 times
God is only pretend, What some sheep molester wrote 2000 years ago about a god that could not keep himself from being nailed to a tree is not a god worth even reading about. Very poor god. Let me get this strait, sin came into the world because a talking snake convinced a woman made from the rib of a man made of mud, to eat from a tree that gave out knowledge. This snake was really a demon that was very smart but could not see to have the rib woman eat from the tree of life first then from the tree of knowledge and there by negate the punishment of this so called god. Really? stupid god.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malphas View Post
God is only pretend, What some sheep molester wrote 2000 years ago about a god that could not keep himself from being nailed to a tree is not a god worth even reading about. Very poor god. Let me get this strait, sin came into the world because a talking snake convinced a woman made from the rib of a man made of mud, to eat from a tree that gave out knowledge. This snake was really a demon that was very smart but could not see to have the rib woman eat from the tree of life first then from the tree of knowledge and there by negate the punishment of this so called god. Really? stupid god.
You really have never read or studied the Bible, have you?

Please actually study a subject before dismissing it, because you couldn't be more wrong than you are in this post. Be careful, your ignorance is showing.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malphas View Post
You really have never read or studied the Bible, have you?

Please actually study a subject before dismissing it, because you couldn't be more wrong than you are in this post. Be careful, your ignorance is showing.
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 2
6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
That sounds like mud to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 2
21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Now there is some dispute over the translation of the word tsela, which is, here, translated to 'rib'.

It's a fun story to read. Why anyone would think that it actually happened is beyond me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies