Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Obama is natural born citizen and consitutionally qualified to be president?
No, he is not consituionally qualified because his father is african 2 9.09%
Yes he is a natural born citizen and consitutionally qualified 20 90.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times

Advertisements

As President, Obama has the Constitution, but not the constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM

468 posts, read 1,541,746 times
The bottom line is that it doesn't matter if he is a natural born citizen or not. He's already been elected. He's the President. For all intents and purposes the "birther" debate is over for now.

Even if someone were to produce undeniable evidence that he was born in Kenya, or on another planet for that matter, he won't be impeached (if that is even an impeachable offense).

If you still have strong feelings about his nationality then vote him out of office in the next election. But, in the meantime, let's focus our energy on things that are more important to this country.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
'Legally' may be the only legitimate descriptor.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Some conservatives feel that Obama isn't a natural born citizen as defined in the constitution since Obama's father is listed as a african kenyan muslim on his birth certificate.

So C-D conservatives, do you feel Obama is a natural born citizen? Do you believe he is constitutionally qualified to be president?

I ignored this issue for the past 3 years. But now, I'm wondering why he waited 3 years to publish his birth cert???? So, is it a fake???? What was he hiding ????

Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
As a Libertarian, I've never denied Obama had the Constitutional privilege to be President, but nor have I denied the right of the people to demand to know more about him.

The failure being that of the press. And now it squirms in the juices of that failure.

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Some conservatives feel that Obama isn't a natural born citizen as defined in the constitution since Obama's father is listed as a african kenyan muslim on his birth certificate.

So C-D conservatives, do you feel Obama is a natural born citizen? Do you believe he is constitutionally qualified to be president?
Legally qualified.........yes. Qualified to be potus...........uh, no.

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Me too until someone can accurately explain why there were layers in that PDF. Which nobody has. Media Matters tried to say that is how scanning to PDF works! Yep, they said that, they said that when you scan to PDF format different images go onto different layers. That is complete BS, I use scan to PDF all the time, it is a FLAT image.
And I don't know if you saw all of the video, but in there it says that the numbers on the certificate, don't have the typical 1960s typewriter font, they have a modern computer font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I ignored this issue for the past 3 years. But now, I'm wondering why he waited 3 years to publish his birth cert???? So, is it a fake???? What was he hiding ????
Sometimes I thought he was born here, sometimes I thought he wasn't. But revisiting all the theories, I've come to the conclusion that he was born here BUT, that he was adopted by Lolo Soetoro who was an Indonesian. And when you're adopted by an Indonesian back then, you have to give up your citizenship and in doing so, I believe Obama forfeited his right to be president, legally. That's why Alex Jones on his radio show, never really gave much thought to where he was born, but whether he was adopted by a foreign national or not. He thinks that his real birth certificate would show he was born in Hawaii, but it'll also show something unintended

Old 04-29-2011, 07:24 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post
The bottom line is that it doesn't matter if he is a natural born citizen or not. He's already been elected. He's the President. For all intents and purposes the "birther" debate is over for now.

Even if someone were to produce undeniable evidence that he was born in Kenya, or on another planet for that matter, he won't be impeached (if that is even an impeachable offense).

If you still have strong feelings about his nationality then vote him out of office in the next election. But, in the meantime, let's focus our energy on things that are more important to this country.
Not quite, as he would be arrested on a criminal level if concrete evidence were found that he was not born on US soil.

I am not saying he wasn't, but that if he wasn't and it was proven, life as he knows it would end a little abruttly. That would be a Capitol Offence. The first hting he would see is another form of Govt gray, with bars.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
I have no reason not to believe he's qualified. There still is a question of whether or not he renounced his US citizenship to attend school in Indonesia...but at this point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Calvinist, I have heard he also took foreign aid for schooling, which is seemingly irregular for an American to do and then receive.

Once on line I saw his Selective Service form all American males fill out at age 18, and it was a fake.

I also saw several alledged short forms COLB's which all were earred marked by an assumed expert as fakes. I searched on line yesterday for all of that, but I couldn't find any. I am still left wondering why I couldn't find any.

I think all that stuff is rotting in Denmark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies