Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SB1070 IS my business because i'm a native Arizonan.

Prop 8 concerns the rights of citizens to marry whoever they please...a right that everyone should have. People stood up for the civil rights of my people in places like Mississippi and Alabama, and i owe it to other disenfranchised groups to reciprocate the love, money, and support.

What someone puts in a damn textbook is neither here nor there for me. I have other problems.
Bill Puts LGBT in History Books | NBC Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
My taxes are being used for textbooks. What they put in them is for locals to decide.
Not just a textbook but an entire class and when all our tax dollars are funding the education of our children and future voters & leaders we sure better all be concerned about what is being taught.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So? Don't like it, then leave California or petition to have the syllabus changed.

But don't ask me to care one way or the other because you'll be sadly disappointed.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Not just a textbook but an entire class and when all our tax dollars are funding the education of our children and future voters & leaders we sure better all be concerned about what is being taught.
Thought you wingnuts said give everything back to the states and local governments.

Ok...here is a case of a local district making decisions based on what they want. And i'm assuming that parents can go to the school and make their voices heard if they disagree.

Look....you want big government or not? Make up your damn minds. You all say one thing, then you change when self determined people do something you don't like.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Do you live in Arizona still? If you don't, then it's none of your business, according to you. And by the way, it is ALL of our business when it comes to these radical classes because even Alaskan tax dollars go to subsidize education in Arizona. Don't like it? Then stop with big government.
What do you mean STILL? Of course i do. That's my whole point. If i didn't live here i sure as hell wouldn't be worrying about a law as stupid as SB1070.....and truthfully, i don't even care about THAT law.

And what radical classes? Tucson has open enrollment. Don't like that school, then send them to another school. (shrugs shoulders)

This is all hyperbole anyway.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
It's beyond stupid, and beyond racist.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:15 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Thought you wingnuts said give everything back to the states and local governments.

Ok...here is a case of a local district making decisions based on what they want. And i'm assuming that parents can go to the school and make their voices heard if they disagree.

Look....you want big government or not? Make up your damn minds. You all say one thing, then you change when self determined people do something you don't like.
Then GIVE ALL MY TAX DOLLARS BACK TO ME. Get rid of the Federal Dept. of Indoctrication! I do want small government and I don't want to pay for big government. Do you not understand how the system works?

And every time a state tries to do something its people wants, the Federal Gov. steps in and says NO-NO.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
This is beyond absurd. Tax dollars go to support a school that is teaching students to overthrow the very government that allows them to be educated.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Then GIVE ALL MY TAX DOLLARS BACK TO ME. Get rid of the Federal Dept. of Indoctrication! I do want small government and I don't want to pay for big government. Do you not understand how the system works?

And every time a state tries to do something its people wants, the Federal Gov. steps in and says NO-NO.
Ok. Then give me back my dollars that go for wars that i don't support and we'll call it even....and cut the Pentagon in half at LEAST.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:34 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
What do you mean STILL? Of course i do. That's my whole point. If i didn't live here i sure as hell wouldn't be worrying about a law as stupid as SB1070.....and truthfully, i don't even care about THAT law.

And what radical classes? Tucson has open enrollment. Don't like that school, then send them to another school. (shrugs shoulders)

This is all hyperbole anyway.

Do you honestly, in your heart, believe we should be teaching the overthrow of our government in classrooms? Should we include bomb making and such as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies