Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times

Advertisements

Honor killing in Michigan: Muslim kills stepdaughter for leaving home, not following Islam - Jihad Watch

And the tv news report:

YouTube - Michigan: Jessica Mokdad shot and Killed by Obsessed Muslim Stepdad to save his "honor

Another sad, senseless murder that is sanctioned under Islam. This woman did everything right. She left the home and moved away but he still tracked her down and killed her. I agree with some of the commenters that the mother is every bit as responsible. Something like this doesn't happen over night. She must have seen this coming and did nothing to try and prevent it. Just sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:17 AM

597 posts, read 1,297,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Honor killing in Michigan: Muslim kills stepdaughter for leaving home, not following Islam - Jihad Watch

And the tv news report:

YouTube - Michigan: Jessica Mokdad shot and Killed by Obsessed Muslim Stepdad to save his "honor

Another sad, senseless murder that is sanctioned under Islam. This woman did everything right. She left the home and moved away but he still tracked her down and killed her. I agree with some of the commenters that the mother is every bit as responsible. Something like this doesn't happen over night. She must have seen this coming and did nothing to try and prevent it. Just sick.
If these fanatical Muslims want to live according their religion and their "way-of-life", why they don't go back to their country??
Why do they choice to live in US, where the people are free??
These stupid people don't understand they must to live according to the country's laws where they live now.
I hope the courts will order the death penalty.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:26 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
you can no more fault Islam for this death than you can fault Christianity for the deaths of children at snake-handling events

fault both or fault neither

Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
The guy is under arrest, I presume? Good, I hope he gets the death penalty.

Please don't make this a blanket indictment of Muslims as a whole.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
you can no more fault Islam for this death than you can fault Christianity for the deaths of children at snake-handling events

fault both or fault neither
WTF? Snake-handling events? Is this some mainstream Christian activity that I've somehow managed to never hear of my entire life? You are really grasping at straws here...

Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
WTF? Snake-handling events? Is this some mainstream Christian activity that I've somehow managed to never hear of my entire life? You are really grasping at straws here...

No, it's the Holiness sect of Christianity. Not all christians do this, just as all Muslims don't practice honor killings.

get the parallel?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
it is at least as mainstream as honor killing among Muslims in the us. probably more so

Old 05-04-2011, 11:58 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
you might be surprised at the murders for reasons in cultural groups.He will be put on trial which is the way the system works.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
it is at least as mainstream as honor killing among Muslims in the us. probably more so
Nice qualifier. If you're only going to include muslims in the US, then you can only include Christians in the US.

What are the statistics on the numbers of AMERICAN children killed at snake-handling events in the US compared to the number of muslim women victims of honor killings in the US? Considering muslims are a vast minority in comparison to Christians in the US, these numbers should be interesting. I'll wait for your statistical review.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Hmm... not having much luck locating any statistics on pediatric snake deaths resulting from Christian snake handling events here... christian snake handling deaths in the US

Compare that to this: Muslim honor killings in the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies