Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
There you go again. Why must you and the other Repugs ALWAYS resort to petty name calling?
Says the poster using the term "repugs".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Obama to visit Alabama tornado zone Friday | Reuters

President Obama has already offered federal assistance and is visiting Alabama, an overwhelmingly red state that would never vote for him. It's refreshing to see a President that acts like a President for all of the people.
He's the President of the United States. Are you saying that no former President ever visited a state that didn't vote for them?

Epic fail of a thread.

Thank you for playing.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:12 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You are referring to what, exactly?
Bush--9/11 and Katrina. Too little too late.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:35 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
I'm not sure which state that you live in. Living in a fervently anti-Obama state (Tex) and hearing it all of the time, I seriously wouldn't blame him for not setting foot in this state or any other southern state. I think that the Kennedy assassination enforces this in my mind. Texas was/is a hostile state for Dems and look what happened.
Why? Was Lee Harvey Oswald a conservative republican?

Let me answer that for you: No, he was an avowed left wing whack job.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Bush--9/11 and Katrina. Too little too late.
and you are saying he didn't visit the region? The OP is saying Obama visited states he would not win, Bush did the same.

Maybe we learned a lesson from Bush, certainly Obama seemed to have learned something.

Don't give him credit for something he did because it was and is his job, not because he is such a caring person. If you believe that, I have some land in NM I would love to sell you, it is on the Rio Grande River.

NIta

Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
There you go again. Why must you and the other Repugs ALWAYS resort to petty name calling?
did I call someone a name? I will be darned, please show me where I did this. As for your response regarding Texas, it was the Republicans fault Kennedy got shot? It was a Republican state? Is that what you are saying, even though the VP was from Texas and certainly no Republican...

Nita

Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you are saying he didn't visit the region? The OP is saying Obama visited states he would not win, Bush did the same.

Maybe we learned a lesson from Bush, certainly Obama seemed to have learned something.

Don't give him credit for something he did because it was and is his job, not because he is such a caring person. If you believe that, I have some land in NM I would love to sell you, it is on the Rio Grande River.

NIta
No, I am just pointing out to people who assume that the President, regardless of political party, would visit any area of the country in disaster immediately without question. Bush did not do this with 9/11 or Katrina. It took him a minute to think about it before he decided to do something about it.

I agree, it's a part of the job description, but since some presidents haven't met that minimum standard, we've gotten to a point where meeting that standard has become "commendable".

Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
He actually landed the plane unlike Bush's fly by of Katrina. Obama always wins and it so pisses of conservative.
He "landed the plane"? His visiting the state was simply doing his job. That is 'meets requirements' work. Any president should do this when possible and appropriate. This did play to his 'sweet spot' of perpetual campaigning.

BHO always "wins" in the minds of his faithful. Much of the media still does its best to help this image. Many in this country and around the world disagree. Many polls and anecdotal information show the trend is in this direction. There is little on the horizon that looks to be changing this.

The next test that matters will be November 2012. He has a lot to prove between now and then. Other than "the faithful" the list of skeptics grows and grows.

His best chance is if the opposition can't find the 'right' candidate. Sadly, regardless of who it is, BHO and his minions may continue to run against GWB while Rome burns.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
It is his duty as POTUS to visit disaster areas...not required, but certainly expected. It should have nothing to do with votes. However, I know what a POS Obummer is and he has been campaigning since he took office. What a loser! The people would have probably been better off without having to look at him in the midst of their devastation as he is just another reminder of all that is LOST and RUINED.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:00 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
I'm not sure which state that you live in. Living in a fervently anti-Obama state (Tex) and hearing it all of the time, I seriously wouldn't blame him for not setting foot in this state or any other southern state. I think that the Kennedy assassination enforces this in my mind. Texas was/is a hostile state for Dems and look what happened.
Kennedy won Texas and so Johnson and so did Carter. It was not until Ronald Reagan until Texas became consistently Republican.

Oh, and Lee Harvey Oswald (you know, the guy who assassinated Kennedy) was actually a staunch Left-Winger. Far to the Left of any American President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies