Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This sounds like a bunch of [preemptive mod cut] unlikeliness
Whatever - while it was happening, I was posting, looking for advice on how to proceed and also just to vent. When I originally had the investigation started, I was SURE we'd hear the teacher deny that he'd used the word "idiot". I can't remember exactly right now, but I think he denied using that word, but admitted to using the word "moron"... or something like that. I'd have to go through my papers to remember exactly - I keep a paper trail/email trail/registered letters and in some cases, recorded conversations when conflicts involving any type of authority figures are involved. I'm pretty anal about being "right".

But very typical that lefty extremists would jump right out and call it unlikely - is that YOU Mr D?

Old 04-30-2011, 08:05 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Damn well better than what the public schools teach. They teach how to hate your own country and how to not listen to their parents and etc. If you like that, then send your kids so they can also become ignorant of the true history of this nation.
Here here!

Well stated!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:12 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Private education is the only way to go! I wish we could get something passed where my tax dollars would stop being wasted on failing, public schools.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:14 AM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times
Glenn Beck talks in this video about getting people to stand together, to do what he wants, think what he wants. Any other viewpoint, he bashes and demeans.

His problem isn't indoctrination. Its that children aren't being indoctrinated with his ideas.

Sure explain to kids his ideas, but explain the ideas of other countries as well. No blind adherence to one doctrine of thought or another.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:22 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Question Why are some so fearful of opposing opinions?

School is a place where kids should learn to think, not just memorize a long list of semi-useful things. I feel that being exposed to opposing points of view and being guided in how to pick out the important points, weigh them and come to an informed opinion is one of the most important skills an educated individual can have.

Judging from the posters on this forum, mine is definitely a minority viewpoint.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:26 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Private education is the only way to go! I wish we could get something passed where my tax dollars would stop being wasted on failing, public schools.
That is the truth! Public school funding is an agenda of its own. Why when I homeschool and buy my own supplies why am I still paying for the children in public school? Like that isn't agenda! When you pay for a private school your still paying for public education! What kind of capitalism is that? Ridiculous!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
You might want to adjust your tin foil hat....

Somehow I made it through 12 years public school, and 4 years of a public university without being indoctrinated into communism or any fringe left wing groups.. Actually, I'm fully capable of making my own mind up about things, and have my own views (personally I think both D's and R's, libs and neocons are all full of BS). And somehow my child has been in public school, and I haven't noticed him coming home with any applications to the join the communist party.

I'll bet all of you people wouldn't be screaming "indoctrination" if the public schools decided to start teaching fundamentalist Christianity in the classroom.

This right here is what they are afraid of - they don't want their children to make their own minds up about things.
Simple as that.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Again, assumptions.

I never said I am.

I do know however recognize what's abnormal for teaching purposes and I can recognize what an agenda is.
Again, you recognize what's "abnormal" and an "agenda" based on your opinions. You've provided no verifiable FACTS to support your assertions.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This right here is what they are afraid of - they don't want their children to make their own minds up about things.
Simple as that.
That's exactly right. I have great confidence in my children's intellect and ability to make the correct choices and decisions for themselves when the time is right. I can't fathom people choosing to limit their children's education or worldview.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:36 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
School is a place where kids should learn to think, not just memorize a long list of semi-useful things. I feel that being exposed to opposing points of view and being guided in how to pick out the important points, weigh them and come to an informed opinion is one of the most important skills an educated individual can have.

Judging from the posters on this forum, mine is definitely a minority viewpoint.
Yours is the INTELLIGENT viewpoint, which is, unfortunately, too often the minority viewpoint - at least here on c-d.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies