Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
A Must Watch Video!

Indoctrination in Our Classrooms: Glenn Meets Parents Who Are Taking Stands | The Blaze

Time to wake up to what is happening to our children in the public schools. Time to take a stand!
I thought Beck was gone? He is like Herpes...the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You're right, I don't believe it.

Paranoid people who read between the lines so they can be offended, and then showcased by the biggest stooge of them all....Glenn Beck.
Too bad that the public education system is nothing but indoctrination and all for political ends. It is sickening and why we homeschooled our children. I feel sorry for people who have to send their children to any public school in this country because that means that their children will not get a proper education, but will have good self esteem.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, it's wrong to teach kids that they can have a voice in their government?
That's funny.
That's not what they are teaching them. It is a well known fact that in THIS country the government is supposed to be run by the PEOPLE. I know they aren't teaching that anymore and that is the problem. What THIS is teaching is to become dependent on the government and become a useful marxist idiot.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I thought Beck was gone? He is like Herpes...the gift that keeps on giving.
Sheesh, another progressive who doesn't know what is reality or dreamy dream land.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:40 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am, starting homeschool in 6 weeks.
Good luck. I hope you pass.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,945 times
My son's Social Studies teacher told all the kids in his class this year that all Republicans are idiots and that those who do not support Obama only don't because they're racist. Then he asked the class to raise their hands if their parents are Republicans. Not one raised their hand - and this was his argument for why it was 'okay' when I demanded he retract his statement and issue an apology to the students. (long story, he sort of did, but instead told them all that he was only apologizing because he had to and not because he was wrong, insulted Republicans some more, demanded to know who "ratted him out", had to do it again, this time with the principal and another teacher present, then in writing to the parents, he is now "supervised" by a teacher's aide, still makes occasional inappropriate political comments to these 10 year olds... it goes on and on)

BTW - this is a place where more than 75% vote Republican.

Yes, indoctrinization.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsetdude View Post
Ummm 'Indoctrination' in the schools (public, private, or parochial) is nothing new.
If the party line bothers you, move your child(ren) to a school that is geared toward your beliefs.
Yes, a "form" of indoctrination has existed on both sides, since the beginning of our educational system. The founders spoke of such often and encouraged the need for such development within the schools to shape the children of the nation.

Of course, back then it was because the founders strongly believed that in order for the nation to succeed, it must contain a people of moral and virtuous standards to which would seek to uphold the individual liberties of all.

These days, it is a platform for various political groups to shape future opinion to forward their individual movements.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
My son's Social Studies teacher told all the kids in his class this year that all Republicans are idiots and that those who do not support Obama only don't because they're racist. Then he asked the class to raise their hands if their parents are Republicans. Not one raised their hand - and this was his argument for why it was 'okay' when I demanded he retract his statement and issue an apology to the students.
This sounds like a bunch of [preemptive mod cut] unlikeliness

Last edited by filihok; 04-29-2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
I agree, the public schools are totally indoctrinating kids into the horrors of a good education.

Please take your kids home and teach them crap in order to screw them up for their entire lives.

We need more people to serve the educated folks.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I agree, the public schools are totally indoctrinating kids into the horrors of a good education.

Please take your kids home and teach them crap in order to screw them up for their entire lives.

We need more people to serve the educated folks.
Actually, many public schools are failing to teach children the basic tools to which they can then use to think for themselves. Instead of such core basics, they focus on concepts without the tools and then promote arrogance of individual accomplishment without measure. The result is sheepish masses ignorant of the topics and easily shaped to opinion through emotional conviction.

Massage an idiots ego and you can get them to agree with anything you wish. This is how social mobs are manipulated and why children are not taught to be self sufficient. Remember, individual is a bad word, community, group, etc... is the goal. There can be no individual thought in such groups as it creates distention within the ranks. All must think alike to achieve such cohesiveness and that requires poorly educated people who think they are better educated than those that do not think like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies