Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
I'm not interested in wasting time on the video. Can someone give me the tl;dr version?
He read from a social studies book:
Some countries have public child care
Some countries have public health care
The people have a collective voice.

Yikes! Run for your lives, the communists are comin'-a-get-yew!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Massage an idiots ego and you can get them to agree with anything you wish. This is how social mobs are manipulated and why children are not taught to be self sufficient. Remember, individual is a bad word, community, group, etc... is the goal. There can be no individual thought in such groups as it creates distention within the ranks. All must think alike to achieve such cohesiveness and that requires poorly educated people who think they are better educated than those that do not think like them.

YouTube - Top Gun "Bull****"

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsetdude View Post
Ummm 'Indoctrination' in the schools (public, private, or parochial) is nothing new.
If the party line bothers you, move your child(ren) to a school that is geared toward your beliefs.
As someone pointed out, when everyone who can move their kids out of public schools, does it, who will be left to fight for those public school kids being brainwashed?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Case in point.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Too bad that the public education system is nothing but indoctrination and all for political ends. It is sickening and why we homeschooled our children. I feel sorry for people who have to send their children to any public school in this country because that means that their children will not get a proper education, but will have good self esteem.
That is why my girl is in private school.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
too late I'm afraid. some 26 states have already agreed to adopt federal national standards. My own arkansas among them. Damn shame.
They had to agree to them if they took the education part of the Obama stimulus. That was the carrot dangled..take this money but we get to call the shots.

Thankfully Texas declined that money.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
As someone pointed out, when everyone who can move their kids out of public schools, does it, who will be left to fight for those public school kids being brainwashed?
I guess those kids will be sitting with empty hands in the future.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM

I always find it very amusing when people label the public education system "indoctrination", especially when most of those people homeschool their children, have not set foot in a public school for years, and do not advocate for public schools. Leave the public schools alone, we like them just fine. Us peons who have our children in public schools are quite capable of being involved in our children's education and knowing what is in the curriculum, and addressing any issues that may be contrary to our own personal beliefs withour insisting that the entire country change the curriculum to suit our own needs. That the women in the OP link did not know what was in her daughter's Social Studies book is her failure, not the public schools.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I always find it very amusing when people label the public education system "indoctrination", especially when most of those people homeschool their children, have not set foot in a public school for years, and do not advocate for public schools. Leave the public schools alone, we like them just fine. Us peons who have our children in public schools are quite capable of being involved in our children's education and knowing what is in the curriculum, and addressing any issues that may be contrary to our own personal beliefs withour insisting that the entire country change the curriculum to suit our own needs. That the women in the OP link did not know what was in her daughter's Social Studies book is her failure, not the public schools.
The MArxist wannabes need to be locked up. There will come a day that they WILL be for trying to further their ideology which is completely against the US Constitution. Keep it up Commies, you will be dealt with eventually.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The MArxist wannabes need to be locked up. There will come a day that they WILL be for trying to further their ideology which is completely against the US Constitution. Keep it up Commies, you will be dealt with eventually.
I think you responded to the wrong post. This rant has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies