Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Schumer is worried about trains since they found plans in bin Laden's place.
He wants funding to create a "Do Not Ride" list for Amtrak.

Kinda reminds me of those war movies where men wearing uniforms go through the train asking everyone for "their papers".

New York Senator Charles Schumer Calls For 'Do Not Ride' List For Amtrak Following Capture Of Osama Bin Laden Notes « CBS New York

"Schumer is calling for increased funding for rail security in light of the new intelligence.
The New York Democrat says the U.S. must remain vigilant in protecting itself from future attacks."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
When are we going to say enough is enough, that the government has and is purposely trying to scare Americans into giving up their rights? 9/11 was an inside job, bin laden died in 2001, this is all fear mongering in order to scare the sheeple into one day accepting the idea of having what amounts to an internal passport like what China, Russia, and North Korea have for their citizens. Even apartheid era South Africa used internal passports, as well as the Soviet Union. Do you sheeple want to go down this path??

Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,815,877 times
"Chuckles" always has something else to get more $$$$ for NY state (I live here) and this will be hysteria to hire more cops.

Texan,
For the record, men wearing uniforms and asked for papers were being asked for military vouchers: it was a free ride. Forget what the war movies made it sound like. I have lots of family who rode trains and buses to and from military bases and needed "papers" to ride free. Now, my one niece has to pay and turn in her receipt and voucher and get paid back [that is to fly]. Guess the old ways change.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Instead of wasting time and money on Chuck's usual idiocy ... the Government could save all taxpayers a bundle by shutting down Amtrak. It has lost taxpayer money ever since it's inception.

It has never, ever made a profit.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When are we going to say enough is enough, that the government has and is purposely trying to scare Americans into giving up their rights? 9/11 was an inside job, bin laden died in 2001, this is all fear mongering in order to scare the sheeple into one day accepting the idea of having what amounts to an internal passport like what China, Russia, and North Korea have for their citizens. Even apartheid era South Africa used internal passports, as well as the Soviet Union. Do you sheeple want to go down this path??
...i think the us already has an 'internal passport'...can track you a lot closer than you'd like to know...it's called a social security number..we're already there

Old 05-11-2011, 12:23 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,905 times
I blame Obama.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
"We need to put in place screening processes where possible. In this case we're talking about Amtrak, the Amtrak ticketing system is quite like the airline ticketing system where you have to buy a ticket in advance and have you're name on the manifold of who is taking the train. We should be comparing Amtrak manifolds the same way we compare airline manifolds to the terrorist watch lists and not let anybody who might be near that list buy a ticket."
Chuckie
Yup. By all means, check the manifold.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...i think the us already has an 'internal passport'...can track you a lot closer than you'd like to know...it's called a social security number..we're already there

Why would a terrorist hijack a train when they can just derail it?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 AM

181 posts, read 305,727 times
Disclaimer: THIS IS A CONSPIRACY THEORY.

A terrorist attack may happen between the dates of July 3rd and July 5th. Instead of us remembering that historic day of independence (4th), we may instead be remembering a tragedy.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
From the news report they were talking about messing with tracks and causing trains to derail. I seriously doubt that any passanger is going to derail the train. Yes, they need to look at tracks like they are supposed to. The trip from OKC to California spends a day and a half in west Texas meanding at 25 mph much of the time since the rails are in such bad repair. Freight also goes 25.

Trains aslo stop periodically for stuff people put on the tracks that gets run over. Two hour stop in Arizona for a porta potty some enterprizing person put on the tracks. About 6 hours for a sucide just on the california/ arizona border.

I love riding the train. Won't take a plane with all the crap so my not be traveling at all thanks to the blatent idiots out there who are making the terroists laugh at what we've done to ourseves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies