Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Better of the two choices, huh? LOLOLOLOLOL So, how is that hope and change workin' out for ya?

BTW, there were other people running, not just McCain and Obama, so your excuse is nothing but a cop out.

Change is working just fine for me.Still employed (even a promotion), stocks are up, property is still low for easy pickin's on some choice ones. Retirement on the horizon.......yes Change is working just fine.

Still upset that we are still in Iraq and nation building elsewhere and Gitmo wasn't closed. But guess what - you can always get your way.

No candidate without a (R) or (D) next to their name has a ice cubes chance in hell to become president.......so go back to the kiddie table, and leave the adults play.

Last edited by plannine; 05-01-2011 at 06:24 AM..

Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I would agree with this, and I would extend it to the blacks, also, for obvious reasons.

For me, I was a bleeding heart liberal at the time, and I shared that same idealistic mindset that we can change the world...and voting for the first black president was included in that, at least subconsciously. I figured either way, I would be part of making history, as I would be voting for either the first black president or the first female president.

I look back on this and am embarrassed. Everyone else who did the same should feel similarly.
Thank you for your viewpoints. I applaud you for coming out and saying these things.

Don't be embarrassed. You thought it was right at the time and just made a great argument for why you did. We live and we learn.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Change is working just fine for me.Still employed (even a promotion), stocks are up, property is still low for easy pickin's on some choice ones. Retirement on the horizon.......yes Change is working just fine.

Still upset that we are still in Iraq and nation building elsewhere and Gitmo wasn't closed. But guess what - you can always get your way.

No candidate without a (R) or (D) next to their name has a ice cubes chance in hell to become president.......so go back to the kiddie table, and leave the adults play.
True
The alternative was unacceptable to the majority of voters and from what we are seeing coming from the right theses days there will be no real set of choices again in 2012, just more retreads, rejects and nutjobs. Personally I think the GOP has already written off 2012 and are looking toward 2016.
Casper

Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
White folks, especially conservatives are always going to have the race card pulled on them, so don't think 0bama will affect our voting preferences. More then a few times the new congressman from Florida, Rep. Allen West, has been mentioned as someone that republicans would really like to see run for president, and some would even like to see him run in 2012, or see him as a VP candidate.

It's 0bama's political ideology that is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths, not the hue of his skin.

I love Allen West!
I do hope at some point he run for prez!!
not to mention, he is cute as heck....

Old 05-01-2011, 07:43 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
[quote=citizenkane2;18939575]As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

So does that mean...... Nixon, Bush, Carter etc etc have blown it for future White candidates?

Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
But that's you. I get that there is a segment of white people like yourself who would do it again.

But this whole birth certificate issue (which is not racial) and his transcript (which is not racial) is just another in a loooong line of things this Prez and his media supporters have used to jin up hatred!! I've never seen it this bad in my life time!
Why haven't you seen it this bad before. You know why, because POTUS is nonwhite. In the past, people complain about the issues. Now, it's he's not American, he's half whatever or he's this or that. It's a person's given right to complain about POTUS and the issues.

I expected this from you Kane. You have in several threads talk about Blacks, like nonblacks are doing something right. We as blacks are failing and falling behind.

Kane, please look in the mirror and say, what is it I don't like about myself.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I would vote for Allen West in a heartbeat if he ran.
Great. That makes 40 of you.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
His term isn't up yet. How can you judge him now? Did Lyndon Johnson blow it for Presidents from Texas?
If only.............................................. ....

Old 05-01-2011, 09:53 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Can you read???

Go back to my orginal post.

What's really pathetic is that we as black people have been fighting tooth and nail to be treated like everybody else!!

AND WHEN WE FINALLY GET TREATED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, YOU PLAY THE RACE CARD!!!

Bush was called dumb....so they went and got his transcripts!! He produced his birth certificate when asked!! So did every Prez before him!!! WHY SHOULD THIS BE DIFFERENT?

But when we treat Barack the same way!!! When We ask for the same @#!* stuff and now the Race Card is played!!

Why are we lowering the bar for him?? Why should it be any easier on him than Bush or Clinton or Reagan?? WHY!!!???? Don't we think he can take it??? Do you feel he's the most qualified guy on the planet to take the heat of the big seat????
Obama produced what he was legally required to produce. A legal document confirming his place of birth, certified by the State of Hawaii. Why should Obama have to produce anything additional? Why did so many people not believe the legal documents when it came to Obama?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Obama produced what he was legally required to produce. A legal document confirming his place of birth, certified by the State of Hawaii. Why should Obama have to produce anything additional? Why did so many people not believe the legal documents when it came to Obama?
Wishful thinking for the most part, since they have no one that can beat him in 2012 and they know it. Sad thing is how many hung all their hopes on him being proven to be illegally elected, desperate people are willing to grasp at straws no matter how weak the straw is. Oh, and yes, for some sad excuses for Americans it was all about him being a black man, unfortunatly some people have not evolved fully, maybe their next generation will correct their genetic flaw.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies