Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So when will you begin requiring much from those who collect welfare, or are you only concerned about the rich going to hell?
If you are collecting welfare you are not very likely going to die rich, which of course is the topic of the thread. Do try to keep up.

I would not consider $500 a month much. Now $50,000 a month would be much. That is the income of some of the rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why is it that liberals, who do not believe in God, always quote the Bible?

1. If we tax the rich (over $250K in income) at 100% (slavery with no money for food, water, or shelter), we would still have a $650 billion deficit.

2. The "rich" already pay essentially all the taxes. The bottom 50% do not pay thier "fair share".

3. There are MANY passages in the old and new testement regarding wealth, discussing the virtues of prospering from hard work and condemning greed. However, liberals fail to understand that most of the discussions of "wealth" and "power" are allegories for spiritual wealth and power- faith. Libs, as they really do not read the Bible, fail to understand this and will often pull isolated passages to support their political views.

The Bible and Christ are not about politics.

PS- When was the last time you helped out your fellow man in a significant way, my liberal friend, with actually sacrificing some of your "treasure"? I would offer that the response, in truth, would be "never", as liberals feel no personal responsibility to thier fellow man and feel as though that is the role of government.
You presume to know me.... you do not, and this thread is not about me, but I am a Christian and not really that liberal...at least no more so than Jesus.

I am trying to help my fellow man out in a significant way right now. What greater way to help a person than to keep them from going to Hell.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you are collecting welfare you are not very likely going to die rich, which of course is the topic of the thread. Do try to keep up.

I would not consider $500 a month much. Now $50,000 a month would be much. That is the income of some of the rich.

I make about 60k a year currently, and I know quite a few people on welfare and food stamps that bring home each and every month more money than i do.

touche'

Old 04-29-2011, 06:43 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)

I would like to see everyone have the possibility of going to heaven and that is why I advocate that the rich be taxed to a point that they are no longer rich, thereby making it easier for their soul not to burn in Hell fire for all of eternity for being greedy bastards.

God bless Obama and some of the democrats for doing the Lords work by advocating that the Rich pay their fair share.
Thank God no one will ever enact your jealous, hate filled idea.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I make about 60k a year currently, and I know quite a few people on welfare and food stamps that bring home each and every month more money than i do.

touche'
You would not be considered Rich by any standard; however, if someone is bringing home 60K a year and qualify for welfare and food stamps then they would have to be doing something illegal as they would not qualify otherwise.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:45 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
You would not be considered Rich by any standard; however, if someone is bringing home 60K a year and qualify for welfare and food stamps then they would have to be doing something illegal as they would not qualify otherwise.

I dont consider my family to be rich in wealth either, altho my wife does make about 300k a year as a gp.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:47 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
You presume to know me.... you do not, and this thread is not about me, but I am a Christian and not really that liberal...at least no more so than Jesus.

I am trying to help my fellow man out in a significant way right now. What greater way to help a person than to keep them from going to Hell.

If you were truely a Christian (which obviously you are not), you would know that one should not mock the words and work of Christ.

Work toward your own salvation, as it requires effort on a daily basis. The Christian religion is seeking a personal understanding of Christ's words and not using those words to suit a political agenda.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
I dont consider my family to be rich in wealth either, altho my wife does make about 300k a year as a gp.

That is pretty good for a primary care doc. She must work her butt off and be in an area with fairly good reimbursment.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:

Well it seems that you married well. I would not consider your family rich either; however, others may. I believe Rich would be more to do with how much that you have and not how much you make. If you have a net worth of over 5 million, most would consider you to be rich. I don't know what God would consider rich, which is the subject of this thread.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think they should pay a fair tax based on what they have to protect. You have more you pay more.

I have nothing, so I shouldn't pay anything. Instead I pay income tax and have my Social Security and Healthcare threatend by the effectivly untaxed Aristocrats and their deluded minions.
Awesome plan. Reward failure, punish success. How long do think it would take for everyone to become a bunch of takers? I mean, why bother putting out effort if lazy bums just take the fruits of your hard work?

Protection of property is something this country was founded on. My money is my property. The government has no right to take it from me, to give to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies