Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Digging Up the Popes Corpse
Just Creepy on all levels 13 50.00%
Sort of Creepy but doesn't bother me 4 15.38%
Normal part of the religion. 7 26.92%
I think dead bodies are cool 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,493,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
www.ewtn.com Go here to read about it the whole thing.

Pope John Paul ordered all American bishops to come to Rome for a conference on the sexual abuse issue. The mental health experts told the church leaders pedophilia was curable. Why aren't those so called experts being raked over the coals?
John Paul moved preists who he knew had molested children to other churches where many reoffended. I don't care what the counselors hired by the catholic church said, the pope should've made sure those preists were arrested and prosecuted..He choose to move them and let them go free. Molesting children is a crime. You can't get around that and I find this attempt more embarrassing that playing with his corpse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Some Pope's corpses never rot---why? Scientists are studying it. Why not get educated about it?
LOL..The way a body is embalmed and stored plays apart in how a body decays..Medgar Evars body was exumed after years and showed little decay..See how real answers work, no miracle needed..When a pope wakes up call me.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,446,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
John Paul moved preists who he knew had molested children to other churches where many reoffended. I don't care what the counselors hired by the catholic church said, the pope should've made sure those preists were arrested and prosecuted..He choose to move them and let them go free. Molesting children is a crime. You can't get around that and I find this attempt more embarrassing that playing with his corpse.
Many public schools did the same thing. I knew of a pedophile in the schools here. They gave him another change and he molested again. Now we are more educated about the whole thing. Should the schools be closed for that mistake and believing the experts?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,714,385 times
Quote:
www.ewtn.com Go here to read about it the whole thing.

Pope John Paul ordered all American bishops to come to Rome for a conference on the sexual abuse issue. The mental health experts told the church leaders pedophilia was curable. Why aren't those so called experts being raked over the coals?
All righty then.

I wonder if the Pope was familiar with the bible.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
All righty then.

I wonder if the Pope was familiar with the bible.
I am sure he was since the bible is a Catholic book, the church fathers assembled what is in it.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,714,385 times
Quote:
Some Pope's corpses never rot---why? Scientists are studying it. Why not get educated about it?
That is just another fraud of the church.

Quote:
Regarding one of the most famous incorruptibles, St. Bernadette Soubiros, the site reports how doctors were amazed at the supposedly flawless preservation of the body over fifty years after death. Yet when a reliquary was being prepared to display Bernadette's body (it is still on display today in a chapel in France), a decision was made to create wax masks to cover her face and hands. Visitors to Bernadette's shrine today are seeing wax, not skin.
Daylight Atheism > On Incorruptibility

Old 04-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Many public schools did the same thing. I knew of a pedophile in the schools here. They gave him another change and he molested again. Now we are more educated about the whole thing. Should the schools be closed for that mistake and believing the experts?
Ohhh, so that makes the popes actions cool? I thought the pope was a saint?? If a school official knowingly allowed this to happen, they should be fired and charged. Just as the pope should've been fired and charged but nope, people are busy pulling out his corpse, claiming he was a saint. What a sick cult.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I am sure he was since the bible is a Catholic book, the church fathers assembled what is in it.
The jews and written history would disagree.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:54 PM

Have you ever looked up the meaning of a cult? Another ignorant statement.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The jews and written history would disagree.
The Jews had nothing to do with the New Testament. Most Jews would agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies