Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Was it an AMERICAN PLANE? Unless you can prove it was, we didn't do it.
I know this will sound stupid--if US planes are being used--I guess they can be identified. I'm sorry--yes, I'm a woman--I am beyond lost in all of this.

carry on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I know this will sound stupid--if US planes are being used--I guess they can be identified. I'm sorry--yes, I'm a woman--I am beyond lost in all of this.

carry on
umm can you tell the diffrence between a Canadian F-18 and an american F-18 on a bombing run at 600MPH over libya?

The Canadian Air Force have confirmed four CF-18 jets used 500-pound, laser-guided bombs to destroy ammunition depots near the key port city of Misurata on Wednesday.
A spokesman said the results of the battle damage assessment were "not yet definitive".

Coalition forces have intensified their attacks in Libya but have been unable to prevent Col Muammar Gaddafi's tanks entering Misurata.
There are currently 435 Canadian Forces personnel deployed as part of the multinational response to the continuing crisis in Libya, now being led by Nato.
Video: Canadian CF-18 jet bombs Libyan weapons depot - Telegraph

Old 05-01-2011, 03:56 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Whether or not it was a US plane is a moot point.
We have been involved directly with other Libyan missions as well as supplied most of the armament to the other member nations.
Anyway, our reputation as the biggest baddest warmongering aggressor nation in the middle east precedes us.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Bush had nothing to do with Libya, but, who was it that started the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, again...?
Well, he did in that he sold out the families of the victims of PanAm 103 and allowed Gadaffi to buy his way free of guilt. What we have now is a perfect example of why we should never negoiate with murderous scumbags.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
umm can you tell the diffrence between a Canadian F-18 and an american F-18 on a bombing run at 600MPH over libya?

The Canadian Air Force have confirmed four CF-18 jets used 500-pound, laser-guided bombs to destroy ammunition depots near the key port city of Misurata on Wednesday.
A spokesman said the results of the battle damage assessment were "not yet definitive".

Coalition forces have intensified their attacks in Libya but have been unable to prevent Col Muammar Gaddafi's tanks entering Misurata.
There are currently 435 Canadian Forces personnel deployed as part of the multinational response to the continuing crisis in Libya, now being led by Nato.
Video: Canadian CF-18 jet bombs Libyan weapons depot - Telegraph
No--I personally couldn't identify any plane.

I know I am 'ignorant'--my brother could identify planes --he is deceased. fwiw

I'll keep reading.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Was it an AMERICAN PLANE? Unless you can prove it was, we didn't do it.
NATO IS the US.

What difference does it make where the plane came from? The mission is approved by all countries involved in this debacle.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
NATO IS the US.

What difference does it make where the plane came from? The mission is approved by all countries involved in this debacle.
Apparently there are discussions and dissent among the collective.

Who is usually 'blamed'--what sort of consequences may be in store for the US?
Oil--prices are going up--and up--if we annoy the people with oil--I don't even want to think about it.

sigh--The irony of my life--there is a person who could answer these questions but he would probably just say--'Don't get you p@nties in a wad'--decades of military experience--some sort of international intelligence.

When it comes to food or gas--I do tend to become anxious.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Libya disabled children school hit in NATO strike - Yahoo! News (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/libya-disabled-children-school-hit-nato-strike-201036691.html - broken link)

Libya disabled children school hit in NATO strike

Bombing a school, bombing the good guy rebels...what next?
The so called "school" was a training ground for terrorists. Multiple intelligence agencies have already backed this up. Where do you get your news from comrade?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post

carry on
You mean a US Made plane provided to say Israel bombs Palestinian civilians so it is " US lied Children Died""?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
You mean a US Made plane provided to say Israel bombs Palestinian civilians so it is " US lied Children Died""?
I guess so. By tomorrow AM--when Neal Boortz finishes 3/4 hours of outrage--I will be better informed. Unless he decides to talk about ? Immigration?--insert any topic--sometimes his priorities are different from mine.

Planes--he enjoys talking about planes. Fingers crossed that he is well prepared to inform me.

Pitiful, I know. I am one of 'those people'--shouldn't even be allowed to vote--according to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies