Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 09:00 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,721 times

Advertisements

I really can't believe that the death of Osama freakin Bin Laden has turned into a partisan issue. WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That is completely delusional.
You obviously haven't been following along.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:11 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
I really can't believe that the death of Osama freakin Bin Laden has turned into a partisan issue. WTF?

I was here last night for some time as the news was breaking, and it became partisan immediately. Threads went up suggesting conspiracies, congratulating the president and congratulating Bush. As I watched the crowds gathering across America on t.v., I wondered why it wasn't that way here...a celebration among Americans. I make no bones about my support for President Obama, and will defend him when I'm able, and thus it becomes a partisan bone of contention...one that's echoed in other threads. It's a shame, but it seems to be the nature of the political beast.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I was here last night for some time as the news was breaking, and it became partisan immediately. Threads went up suggesting conspiracies, congratulating the president and congratulating Bush. As I watched the crowds gathering across America on t.v., I wondered why it wasn't that way here...a celebration among Americans. I make no bones about my support for President Obama, and will defend him when I'm able, and thus it becomes a partisan bone of contention...one that's echoed in other threads. It's a shame, but it seems to be the nature of the political beast.
I was too. I remember the Left on here with their taunting and childish comments and of course all the threads telling us how great obama was, how horrible Bush was.

The truth needed to be told...which is.....without the programs and policies put in place by Bush, continued by obama (you know, the ones the Left/obama railed against?), OBL would still be going strong.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:32 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Among the many troubling things about this story is the wife being shot. Supposedly she was shot because somebody, the courier, and now Osama, was using her as a shield. Okay, so they chose to shoot her in the leg or foot, I've heard both, she drops, then they shoot Osama twice in the head, right? So now, while she writhes on the floor, bleeding, crying, screaming - they are gathering up computers, hard drives, and storage devices. They came 20 to a helicopter, so now 41 depart in one heli, with all this extra stuff.
Does that sound plausible?
Do the Seals ever just wound someone? Then leave them injured?
Why shoot the courier? He might just have more intel than the computer, or at least could verify. Why not take the wife too? She might know a password, or whatever.
I can't believe people are buying this.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Ehm, guys? That "long form Death Certificate" stuff - that was intended as a joke.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Tell me tinkebell, what is it like living in your fantasyland where Bushy still has an iota of power or conscience left? Everything you post is a joke to a fact checker like myself. These completely nonsensical comments regarding who brought obl to justice makes you appear to not know who the current Head of State and Supreme Leader of the USA is. Some of you have a hard on for bush but he's busy making baskets out of tumbleweed on the ranch just like he did when he really WAS in office. Move along. Nothing to see there for sure. How embarrassing for bush to be schooled by a junior senator turned world leader. He must be so ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And he did get him.

His policies and strength lead us to knowing where he was.

Obama just was a recipient of the great work of Bush.

And the timing of this happening is very odd I might say.

Waiting for 8 months and picking the day his numbers tanked to the floor is kinda odd dont ya think.

Thanks to Bush doing his job we were able to get him.

Do not forget Bush caught 40 of the top 55 Al Queda leaders.

How many has Obama caught?

At least Bush did not order the killing of any man who was unarmed like Obama did.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The right hates Obama so much that they are now sad that Osama has died. They would rather have had him live and escape than Obama do something great for this country.
I agree. Unpatriotic bunch of Anti-Americans in sheeps, and republicans clothing. For shame on you.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Among the many troubling things about this story is the wife being shot. Supposedly she was shot because somebody, the courier, and now Osama, was using her as a shield. Okay, so they chose to shoot her in the leg or foot, I've heard both, she drops, then they shoot Osama twice in the head, right? So now, while she writhes on the floor, bleeding, crying, screaming - they are gathering up computers, hard drives, and storage devices. They came 20 to a helicopter, so now 41 depart in one heli, with all this extra stuff.
Does that sound plausible?
Do the Seals ever just wound someone? Then leave them injured?
Why shoot the courier? He might just have more intel than the computer, or at least could verify. Why not take the wife too? She might know a password, or whatever.
I can't believe people are buying this.

It troubles you that his wife was shot in the leg? Nobody was using her as a shield...she ran at the soldiers. People in the compound were firing at the SEALS (and vice versa) for 40 or 45 minutes...people get shot in those situations. So there were 41 people and some confiscated materials
in a helicopter....do you think they flew back to the U.S. like that? Hint: They didn't take off on their mission from here, and they didn't return here. The SEALS had been practicing for months in a mock-up of the compound, but you can't believe that this was planned considering every possible contingency? You think the Navy SEALS are incompetent, or that they're involved in a conspiracy? You aren't leaving yourself much wriggle room...it's one or the other. With bin Laden's beliefs about the role of women, you think that one of his wives was privy to his terrorist planning passwords to computers? The Kool-Aid that you're drinking isn't the Jim Jones kind, it's the Owsley kind...electric. I'm not thinking so much about one of bin Laden's wives being shot in the leg as I am the wives without husbands, husbands without wives, children without a parent, parents without a child, siblings without siblings, right here in America, thanks to Osama bin Laden. But he'll never do it again.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It troubles you that his wife was shot in the leg? Nobody was using her as a shield...she ran at the soldiers. People in the compound were firing at the SEALS (and vice versa) for 40 or 45 minutes...people get shot in those situations. So there were 41 people and some confiscated materials
in a helicopter....do you think they flew back to the U.S. like that? Hint: They didn't take off on their mission from here, and they didn't return here. The SEALS had been practicing for months in a mock-up of the compound, but you can't believe that this was planned considering every possible contingency? You think the Navy SEALS are incompetent, or that they're involved in a conspiracy? You aren't leaving yourself much wriggle room...it's one or the other. With bin Laden's beliefs about the role of women, you think that one of his wives was privy to his terrorist planning passwords to computers? The Kool-Aid that you're drinking isn't the Jim Jones kind, it's the Owsley kind...electric. I'm not thinking so much about one of bin Laden's wives being shot in the leg as I am the wives without husbands, husbands without wives, children without a parent, parents without a child, siblings without siblings, right here in America, thanks to Osama bin Laden. But he'll never do it again.
wow, settle down. I'm just trying to make sense out of the bits and pieces coming out about the details of this raid. I just read that there were 4 helicopters and 24 troops, so I stand corrected on that. This story says it took 40 min. but today the news is saying it took only 20 min. This story says Osama was firing a gun, some say he had no weapon.
Quote:
Osama bin Laden went down firing at the Navy SEALs who stormed his compound.
"He was engaged in a firefight," Brennan said.
Obama monitored top-secret raid - World - CBC News

Why don't they just send out Panetta for a news conference, so we can get some consistent answers?

If he had no weapon, then how can we be okay with cold blooded murder? I don't care who he was - he should have been taken alive, if possible. We imprison people that commit murder.

As for the wife, I find it hard to believe we would wound her, then turn our back and leave, and everybody thinks that perfectly fine. Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies