Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

There is plenty of DNA on the rugs in the room they killed him. Pakistanis have plenty of proof it was him. If they don't know or say it is him then they are more crooked than we all know, even up to the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 11:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
wow, settle down. I'm just trying to make sense out of the bits and pieces coming out about the details of this raid. I just read that there were 4 helicopters and 24 troops, so I stand corrected on that. This story says it took 40 min. but today the news is saying it took only 20 min. This story says Osama was firing a gun, some say he had no weapon.

Obama monitored top-secret raid - World - CBC News

Why don't they just send out Panetta for a news conference, so we can get some consistent answers?

If he had no weapon, then how can we be okay with cold blooded murder? I don't care who he was - he should have been taken alive, if possible. We imprison people that commit murder.

As for the wife, I find it hard to believe we would wound her, then turn our back and leave, and everybody thinks that perfectly fine. Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me.
They are still debriefing the 40-something SEALS which is why some of the details change as they get a fuller picture of what went down during the raid.

As for the wounded wife, why would they bother to take her? Women in that culture aren't privy to anything important and she was---from all reports---very combatant. A female prisoner would be a huge complication. They didn't take the dozen or more children that were in the compound either. The SEALS had a mission. One mission and they accomplished it.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
wow, settle down. I'm just trying to make sense out of the bits and pieces coming out about the details of this raid. I just read that there were 4 helicopters and 24 troops, so I stand corrected on that. This story says it took 40 min. but today the news is saying it took only 20 min. This story says Osama was firing a gun, some say he had no weapon.

Obama monitored top-secret raid - World - CBC News

Why don't they just send out Panetta for a news conference, so we can get some consistent answers?

If he had no weapon, then how can we be okay with cold blooded murder? I don't care who he was - he should have been taken alive, if possible. We imprison people that commit murder.

As for the wife, I find it hard to believe we would wound her, then turn our back and leave, and everybody thinks that perfectly fine. Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me.

As you correctly note, details have not been released; no doubt there are concerns about revealing which countries in the Middle East gave us assistance, as there was likely an aircraft carrier in the vicinity for the mission. It's premature to believe that bin Laden was deliberately singled out and shot in the head; live ammunition tends to glance off of hard walls and change trajectory...in a gun battle, people tend to shoot automatically at those who are shooting at them. It may yet come out that bin Laden's wife was given some medical aid during that time period,
but she seems to have survived at any rate. That should be enough to satisfy most. What doesn't make sense to me is the extreme level of concern over one of his many wives, not when so many Americans lost their lives at bin Laden's command. He did not show such delicacy of feeling when it came to killing Americans, Spaniards, Britons and Germans, not to mention the rival or dissenting Muslims that he had killed. TBS, there is little to commend saving the life of a psychopath.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They are still debriefing the 40-something SEALS which is why some of the details change as they get a fuller picture of what went down during the raid.

As for the wounded wife, why would they bother to take her? Women in that culture aren't privy to anything important and she was---from all reports---very combatant. A female prisoner would be a huge complication. They didn't take the dozen or more children that were in the compound either. The SEALS had a mission. One mission and they accomplished it.
I never heard about a dozen or more children being there.
She would have to be really stupid to attack a group of armed Seals in uniform - and my guess is, Seals shoot to kill and don't miss.
I'm sure they will clean up this tale, as the days progress.
I"m just glad Obama was able to get in a golf game, before this all went down.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:18 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
As you correctly note, details have not been released; no doubt there are concerns about revealing which countries in the Middle East gave us assistance, as there was likely an aircraft carrier in the vicinity for the mission. It's premature to believe that bin Laden was deliberately singled out and shot in the head; live ammunition tends to glance off of hard walls and change trajectory...in a gun battle, people tend to shoot automatically at those who are shooting at them. It may yet come out that bin Laden's wife was given some medical aid during that time period,
but she seems to have survived at any rate. That should be enough to satisfy most. What doesn't make sense to me is the extreme level of concern over one of his many wives, not when so many Americans lost their lives at bin Laden's command. He did not show such delicacy of feeling when it came to killing Americans, Spaniards, Britons and Germans, not to mention the rival or dissenting Muslims that he had killed. TBS, there is little to commend saving the life of a psychopath.
Supposedly they weren't even sure it was him. He was supposed to be on dialysis, where's all the medical equipment? Suffer the details, they make a story credible.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Supposedly they weren't even sure it was him. He was supposed to be on dialysis, where's all the medical equipment? Suffer the details, they make a story credible.

What makes you think that there was no dialysis equipment there? The compound is sealed, and no news outlet has done a walk-through yet. It's clear that nothing will convince you that this isn't some nefarious plot, so there's little point in answering your questions. However, the first reports stated that bin Laden was on dialysis and walked with a cane, which would indicate that there probably was some equipment there. The man had millions...no doubt there was even a doctor in the compound, or at
the least one who visited regularly. Early reports also stated that his hair and beard were black, which would explain why the SEALS didn't realize at first that it was bin Laden, and coloring one's hair is the first thing done by someone trying to disguise themselves. As Wayland Woman pointed out, it will take some time to debrief some 40 SEALS, and even then there will be details held back for security reasons. Yet I have no doubt that in the next few days, more info will be released. The poor guys have had a busy few days...they deserve some sleep and well-earned relaxation before they come before us and speak. No doubt every soldier has his or her own story about the events.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
News, Residents ‘Unaware’ of bin Laden’s Hideout.

Residents of Abbottabad say they had no idea that the man living in a three-story villa hidden behind barbed wire in a leafy, well-to-do Pakistani town was the world's most wanted extremist.

Breitbart.tv » Residents ‘Unaware’ of bin Laden’s Hideout

Old 05-04-2011, 02:05 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
Yes, especially since only last year Obama tried to put three Navy SEALs in jail for merely punching a known terrorist.
Which we should never forget.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 AM

57,265 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Desperate.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 AM

665 posts, read 1,728,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I think the entire media forgot that Obama actually tried these three Navy SEALs.

The media is ignoring (or forgot) that Barrack Obama wanted these guys to rot in prison for doing their job of subduing a combative prisoner.

And now SEALs have apparently made Barrack a "hero".

I wonder if the team member who shot Ossama has gotten himself a lawyer yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies