Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,017 times

Advertisements

How about the fact that now that our (USA's) mission is accomplished, we can get our sons and daughters out of that hell hole and bring them home? Can we celebrate that?

He was the mastermind behind over 3000 American deaths. He is now dead by American hands. Yeah, I have a HUGE smile on my face.

Live a savage life, die savagely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:44 AM

596 posts, read 889,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
We were way too nice with the body. We should have butchered it. Instead we were "sensitive"
We should have put the bones put in kiln, the dust put in concrete and made into a sidewalk in NYC.
The rest mixed with some dead pigs and put in a latrine for the Israeli Army.
You don't want his head on a pike on the WH lawn? I mean, just as a warning to future terrorists....

Old 05-02-2011, 08:44 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
We were way too nice with the body. We should have butchered it. Instead we were "sensitive"
We should have put the bones put in kiln, the dust put in concrete and made into a sidewalk in NYC.
The rest mixed with some dead pigs and put in a latrine for the Israeli Army.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

Trust me dumping his body in the ocean is about as cold and indifferent as it gets.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
God Bless our troops and God Bless AMERICA! Let bin laden burn in hell!! Special thanks to the troops that killed the bas^%$d.
I so agree!!! EVERYONE seems to be "Pro Death Penalty" today!!
GOD Bless America and God bless our brave men and woman!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Trust me dumping his body in the ocean is about as cold and indifferent as it gets.
Sharkbait!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Sharkbait!

Dishes are done mom

Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Ok - so the world is rid of that scumbag, which is a great thing. And hats off to our military on a well-planned surgical operation based on great intelligence.

But, does anybody find it odd - even creepy - that people are gathering, cheering, flag-waving, and chanting "USA! USA!" because we killed someone?
Seems awfully savage.

If we hate muslim extremists so much, why do we act just like them?
I have to admit, I find the celebrating a little weird.

Reminds me of the pictures of the Muslims celebrating after the 9/11 strikes..

Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
No....I see nothing wrong with it....its kind of like a "ding dong the witch is dead" kind of celebration. The scum masterminded the worst terrorist attacks ever on US soil....damn right his death should be celebrated, its just too bad that every American won't have the opportunity to p i s s on his grave.
In a symbolic gesture, Americans can go to any beach and take their p i s s there. Which would be the same gesture towards what might be a terroristical shrine.

Win/win

But yeah, I somehow don't think the celebrating is genuine. That is, more like something staged. Like, using those old texting addresses collected for the 2008 prezy campaign.

'Never let a good crisis go to waste'

Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
No, but it makes you "like" the nuts that gather in the streets of then middle east and celebrate whatever killing they deem appropriate at that time.
Nope. Not analagous at all. You are attempting to morally equate the two and that is impossible unless you have a strange moral compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007
Um, who said "somber"? I'm not mourning his death - i just think it's odd that americans, usually the ones that are most vocal about their disapproval of muslims, arabs, etc., take all of about 3 seconds to stoop to the exact same level as those they claim to so greatly oppose.
If Americans took to the street to celebrate the bombing of an office tower in Yemen, THEN your attempt to analogize would be better.

But that's not what happened here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007
I think Americans need to start acting like Americans again...
What does that even mean? I don't see anything historically out of character.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Ok - so the world is rid of that scumbag, which is a great thing. And hats off to our military on a well-planned surgical operation based on great intelligence.

But, does anybody find it odd - even creepy - that people are gathering, cheering, flag-waving, and chanting "USA! USA!" because we killed someone?
Seems awfully savage.

If we hate muslim extremists so much, why do we act just like them?
I'm not celebrating. Dead, alive, or otherwise I feel as though this has all turned out better than Osama bin Laden could have dreamed. After 9/11 we were told to continue on with our lives so the "terrorists don't win."

Well I hate to say it but they're not losing. Osama bin Laden changed the very fabric of the American existence. He's helped put us on the path to police state and made it patriotic to do so. He's cost us billions, nay, trillions of dollars. We're now engaged in two full scale wars, and a "humanitarian" mission in Libya. OBL helped bring us the "Patriot" Act, FISA, Gitmo, the TSA body scanners and strip searches.

Americans are humiliated and treated as criminals and terror suspects by our own government, talk about letting the terrorists win! Everyday American servicemen die in wars that well never end. Nothing can be good enough to satisfy the military-industrial complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies