Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I really don't care about what an ex-president has to say about the awesome thing that happened due to Obama's awesome command of our awesome military and what Obama has awesomely helped to awesomely accomplish.

He's kind of dwarfed by, well, the awesomeness of it all.

YouTube - President Obama on Death of Osama bin Laden

Quote:
They were led to the fortress-like three-story building after more than four years tracking one of bin Laden's most trusted couriers, whom U.S. officials said was identified by men captured after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

That's interesting. I didn't know that Obama has been in office for 4 years now....

Bin Laden was found at luxurious Pakistan compound - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/ts_nm/us_binladen_compound_1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know that Obama has been in office for 4 years now....

Bin Laden was found at luxurious Pakistan compound - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/ts_nm/us_binladen_compound_1 - broken link)
He hasn't. There you go. AWESOMEMMEMEMEME.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Seriously though.... did I like the stimulus... hell no. Was it neccessary, hell yes. Otherwise, we'd be in a worse place than we are now. As for the pork, one man's pork is another man's job. It depends on your point of view. So does the "worse place" vs. "better place" as well, come to think of it.
The stimulus is doing more harm than good, and even CBO reports said this would be the long term effects...
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Your O-P-I-N-I-O-N , nothing more
Sucks for you my OPINION is backed up by CBO reports.. which projected long term negative effects in the economy due to the stimulus.. I know.. you hate FACTS..
Quote:
Seriously though.... did I like the stimulus... hell no. Was it neccessary, hell yes. Otherwise, we'd be in a worse place than we are now. As for the pork, one man's pork is another man's job. It depends on your point of view. So does the "worse place" vs. "better place" as well, come to think of it.
The stimulus is doing more harm than good, and even CBO reports said this would be the long term effects...
Quote:
IF you weren't wearing them you'd know I've said Obama was just another political hack any number of times in this forum, I don't suffer your blind devotion to one track so a hearty FEH! to you.

You are the one who in your blind hatred has falsely alleged 9in another thread) we can predict tornadoes and made a lame, baseless attempt at comparing hurricanes and tornadoes in the degree we can prepare for them. So, no BS, enjoy your blinders
Wrong, I've got no blind hatred, I never put Obama down for his actions against Bin Laden, unlike you lefties who havent stopped.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/ts_nm/us_binladen_compound_1 (broken link)

They were led to the fortress-like three-story building after more than four years tracking one of bin Laden's most trusted couriers, whom U.S. officials said was identified by men captured after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Sure looks like this began during Bushs term.. Still waiting for credit from the left, will it ever come?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I personally believe that George W. Bush would have put a shotgun in Bin Ladens mouth and pulled the trigger if he was given the opportunity. And he wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I do not believe Barack Obama has the same fortitude.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I want proof he's dead, and they already killed him at some million dollar home in Pakistan, then carried him out to sea on some ship and threw him overboard????? Because they say, so the terrorists do not build a memorial? I don't get that?????? They're still going to build a memorial for him? I don't know...perhaps in time more will come out, however, when it comes to our government, I'm extremely skeptical any more....

Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sucks for you my OPINION is backed up by CBO reports.. which projected long term negative effects in the economy due to the stimulus.. I know.. you hate FACTS..
I notice the missing fact is what the CBO may have to say about deficits, as well as the fact that is also just O-P-I-N-O-N,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong, I've got no blind hatred, I never put Obama down for his actions against Bin Laden, unlike you lefties who havent stopped.
BULLSH*T! If so why do you make false allegations attempting to drag Obama down? As I've said you've made a baseless attempt at comparing hurricanes and tornadoes with no other apparent purpose than smearing Obama. NOT blind hatred? What then?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I personally believe that George W. Bush would have put a shotgun in Bin Ladens mouth and pulled the trigger if he was given the opportunity. And he wouldn't have thought twice about it.

But the fact is George W. Bush made little/no effort to give himself that opportunity as he was too busy pursuing his own little agenda rather than focusing on those responsible for 9/11. He apparently didn't even think once about many things.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

You might be right, however, the Bushes and the Bin Ladens were huge long time friends....we found Hussain in some hole in the ground, but all these years we couldn't find Bin Laden..???? I truly believe, if Bush has wanted to find Bin Laden, he could have...from what I understand, the Bin Laden family are great people, and from what they said, Bin Laden was a black sheep that went bad, that everyone was ashamed of him....????

So, please understand, I'm not arguing with you, just sharing my perspectives and thoughts, and I have a whole lot of questions about this whole thing, which will never be answered...and to boot, so what, so we got Bin Laden, so does that make everyone think we're now safe from Terroisum? No, we're not....there will always be another crazy which takes the place of they're leaders....they cannot be stopped...and the best thing our government could do, is to close off boarders inspect everyone who is in here without a visa, or illegally and get them out of here, and begin to rebuild our immigration system so that it is effective and it works, however, that would be to easy....wouldn't it?

I just have a real problem with our government now for many years, and wonder what the heck they could be thinking? It's not about "the Parties"
it's our entire government, no matter who has the house and who is president and I'm really wishing that more people would wake up to that fact....instead of buying into they're parties, they should begin to wonder after years and years of our detoriating policies, laws, corruptness, that someone doesn't start getting the idea that something very fishy is going on here in this country....this didn't just happen since Bush, or Obama, this has been going on for many many years before them....it just so happens, that now our communicative abilities are much better...and they can no longer hide from the media...

Obama knows his popularity is falling, and why now all of a sudden?

I'm just very very very skepticle....????? Sorry....

Old 05-02-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
But the fact is George W. Bush made little/no effort to give himself that opportunity as he was too busy pursuing his own little agenda rather than focusing on those responsible for 9/11. He apparently didn't even think once about many things.
what was Bush's agenda? I mean what did he do for this country? Not what did he do for corporations, but how bout the people....you and me? Why not strighten things out, and stop corruption....and I'm blaming both sides, for our country being in the state it's in...the government has way to much power....way to much....

Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
The FACTS are:

When Obama was elected the Repugs in here NEVER wanted Bush mentioned ever again. One even went off the deep end posting, "BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH" in frustration at the mention of something he'd done.

They contended that ALL the bad things happening in America started the DAY Obama was elected (YES THEY DID!) THEY said Bush had done nothing.

NOW they want to give BUSHBUSBUSHBUSH credit for getting binLaden.....

Nice try but I think it's waaaayyyyyyyy to public to LIE about it!!

REMEMBER REPUGS YOU SAID BUSH DID NOTHING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies