U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 AM

9,819 posts, read 7,381,583 times

Advertisements

This is a good day for this country. Saying the credit for this goes solely to Bush or solely to Obama is ridiculous and ingores the facts.

The people that did the hard work of interrogation, gathering intelligence, tracking people and finally the military operation have careers that span both Presidents. They did their jobs as they were trained to do them, not by the Presidents.

The intelligence that lead to this began in 2007 while Bush was in office and by the interrogation of someone captured while Bush was in office. This intelligence was tracked through the end of his term and into Obama's term. When they knew they had him, they told Obama and he said go. He was right to say that it should be the surgical strike, but this whole operation spanned years, not one week. Everyone along the way did the appropriate thing with the information available to them at the time or we would not have gotten him.

I congratulate everyone along the way, including both Presidents, and the entire country. To try to horde credit for the whole operation into a small time span in the White House is petty.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,104,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
This is a good day for this country. Saying the credit for this goes solely to Bush or solely to Obama is ridiculous and ingores the facts.

The people that did the hard work of interrogation, gathering intelligence, tracking people and finally the military operation have careers that span both Presidents. They did their jobs as they were trained to do them, not by the Presidents.

The intelligence that lead to this began in 2007 while Bush was in office and by the interrogation of someone captured while Bush was in office. This intelligence was tracked through the end of his term and into Obama's term. When they knew they had him, they told Obama and he said go. He was right to say that it should be the surgical strike, but this whole operation spanned years, not one week. Everyone along the way did the appropriate thing with the information available to them at the time or we would not have gotten him.

I congratulate everyone along the way, including both Presidents, and the entire country. To try to horde credit for the whole operation into a small time span in the White House is petty.
But not unexpected.

My thanks goes to the CIA and Navy Seals, who risked their life to get the SOB.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 AM

6,233 posts, read 3,095,315 times
Hey, Obama gets grief when he screws up, so he gets credit for the kill -fair is fair.

I'm still not gonna vote for the guy -his economic policies are nothing less than destructive- but I'd buy him a beer and pat him on the back right now.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,104,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Hey, Obama gets grief when he screws up, so he gets credit for the kill -fair is fair.

I'm still not gonna vote for the guy -his economic policies are nothing less than destructive- but I'd buy him a beer and pat him on the back right now.
That's when it is his own doing. Health care, spending an such. NOT when he orders them to look into Pakistan based on others intel.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM

17,723 posts, read 7,700,594 times
Our Country is still very much in a downward spiraling, out of control, so not good at all, now i wish Obama would concentrate on this economy, and get it moving.

Give credit where credit is due. To Obama for having the forthcoming of making the call to go head with this Operation, the Navy Seals Involved, the Cia, Former Administration also, yes, and all people involved in making this happen, Good Work is Good work.

But now, please help this Country to move, and can we do something about our Border situation, we are more then able to handle it i am sure.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:50 PM

7,277 posts, read 3,141,850 times
Good post, OP.

However, as it's already been demonstrated, people will politicize everything. And you can bet anything that this will be a centerpoint in Obama's campaign trail.

However, the credit doesn't belong to any one person, it belongs to every individual involved in this operation.

To put it simply:

America
F*** Yeah.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,756,563 times
The Bush administration vowed to hunt down and kill Osama and thankfully Obama carried the water for Bush. God bless our Navy Seals.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM

2,415 posts, read 1,515,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Our Country is still very much in a downward spiraling, out of control, so not good at all, now i wish Obama would concentrate on this economy, and get it moving.

Give credit where credit is due. To Obama for having the forthcoming of making the call to go head with this Operation, the Navy Seals Involved, the Cia, Former Administration also, yes, and all people involved in making this happen, Good Work is Good work.

But now, please help this Country to move, and can we do something about our Border situation, we are more then able to handle it i am sure.

And how is one man supposed to get it moving? He's just supposed to wave his magic wand and all of a sudden the economy is going to "start moving" again? And what the hell does "start moving again" imply? Moving in the same direction it has been for 50+ years? Yeah that's great let's increase globalization and deindustrialization of America is if these two things haven't done enough already. Or maybe more bailouts for Wallstreet and the bankers? Is that getting the economy moving again?

Obama just like every President of the last 50 years has been bought and paid for by the plutocracy that runs the US government and controls our economy. Until we do away with our debt based monetary system i.e. the private federal reserve and kill off the international bankers nothing will change. The corporations control our government...........the middle class are simply serfs propping up the entire fraudulent, tyrannical system.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM

956 posts, read 567,714 times
Well credit where credit is due, had Obama not authorized the operation, bin Laden would not be dead. That isn't a partisan rant, it is a fact. That being said, if you were in Obama's shoes of course you would use this news to your advantage. It counts as an accomplishment and the Republicans would be claiming credit for it had it happened while Bush was in office. Nonetheless it is a win for all Americans, so instead of focusing on minimizing the role the Obama administration had in it, this should be a moment of relief. The image of global terrorism has been taken down for Pete's sake...

Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM

131 posts, read 83,846 times
Everybody should be apart of the victory -->republicans and democrats alike.

Instead of saying who is to blame or support --> say #IamProudToBeAmerican right now

Even with the economy in shambles, stop complaining and celebrate this ten year waited victory for so many americans. chapters close, the world a step safer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies