Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post

Of course they were Saudi's, but they used box cutters, not shoulder fired rockets to attack us. And I'm not saying I like our relationship with the Saudi's, but they are considered an ally and with no verifiable proof or really strong evidence that the Saudi govt is equipping terrorists, selling arms to them isn't the same as giving the weapons to the terrorists.

Saudi Arabia is one of THE major propagators of Wahabbi Islam in the world, the kind of Islam that BREEDS terrorism and extremism.

Ever hear the saying that Americans fund both ends of the war on terror? We buy middle eastern oil, which gives money to Saudi Arabia, who build fundamentalist Islamic mosques and schools across the Muslim world, all who preach hate against the "West."

Saudi Arabia is very much a ROOT of terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 10:26 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times
I still want to know what happened to the 9 BILLION dollars that was sent to Iraq and lost! That's $30.00 for every man,woman, & child in the country.

Where are the 9 thousand pieces of artillary that we sent to Iraq and can't find? Maybe that can be the weapons of mass destruction tha we never found.

All the money to rebuild and Iraq still only has electricity 1 hr. per day.
This administration is a joke.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I still want to know what happened to the 9 BILLION dollars that was sent to Iraq and lost! That's $30.00 for every man,woman, & child in the country.

Where are the 9 thousand pieces of artillary that we sent to Iraq and can't find? Maybe that can be the weapons of mass destruction tha we never found.

All the money to rebuild and Iraq still only has electricity 1 hr. per day.
This administration is a joke.

I notice no one has ANY form of defense for this war- especially when you look at Bush and his Saudi buddies- $$$$ are what Saudis worship-

Old 08-05-2007, 07:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Jaxson - I have heard of $ bonuses for marines to sign on years ago. Is it new for the army? This must be S.O.P. This from a person whose son is in the marines: so I know it is not bull. Once they showed up at boot camp, the check was deposited into their accounts. Nothing new. And if they signed up for infantry they got a larger bonus.
CNN said all military was doing it because they couldn't get new recruits. They upped it to $20k from $10K because that wasn't even bringing in new recruits. I know they have always had some kind of an incentive but if people don't want to go over and serve we need to find out why. Do you think GW is listening that the American people are sick of this war? Probably not. Will the new president put an end to this war? Probably not.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:58 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
still haven't seen one reason why we should still be in Iraq.............................................. .......................................

Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
still haven't seen one reason why we should still be in Iraq.............................................. .......................................
OK, you want the truth? Hope you can handle it....

We ARE NOT in Iraq for their oil or to stabilize the country.

We are their for their SAND!!!!!! Thats right, cheap sand means cheap glass and big profits for Bush and his big sand buddies!!!

Really we are there because Bush had zero plans for post Saddam. He thought just because Bush 1 walked over Saddam and things smoothed out quickly, he could do the same. He forgot daddy didn't follow Saddam back into Iraq and topple their government and stablize the country. Those darn minor details!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies