Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,427,151 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of problems with this president, but one thing is for certain...President Obama is a hero today..

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh did something he rarely does: he praised President Obama on his Monday show for the death of Osama bin Laden.

"We need to open the program today by congratulating President Obama," he said. "President Obama has done something extremely effective, and when he does, this needs to be pointed out."

The effectiveness, he said, came from President Obama's decision to send a Special Forces team to kill bin Laden--something he said, citing news reports, that none of the president's military advisers had thought of doing.

"Our military wanted to go in there and just scorch the earth...but President Obama single-handedly understood what was at stake here. He alone understood the need to get DNA to prove the death...it was President Obama single-handedly and alone who came up with the strategy that brought about the effective assassination of Osama bin Laden," he said, adding, "thank God for President Obama."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/limbaugh-thank...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,488,580 times
Atleast Mr Limbaugh is giving props to Obama just for this historic moment .

A week later he can get back to attacking Obama .

Old 05-02-2011, 01:05 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,404,361 times
Hell has frozen over. The Lions will win the Super Bowl in February.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,440,891 times
Well... he's right.

Obama should be praised for having the balls to give the "o.k.". If he attempted this and had been a failed SNAFU, he would have been slain today by the media and opinion pages and most people around this country.

I'm glad it happened the way it has.

The real credit goes to the CIA and Navy Seals first and then to Obama for giving the "go".

I wanna buy them all a beer!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,187,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Atleast Mr Limbaugh is giving props to Obama just for this historic moment .

A week later he can get back to attacking Obama .
I listened to his show for the first hour and a half, all he did was mock President Obama, Hufpo got
this wrong. He did give Obama kudos for continuing GWB's policies, that's it.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM

760 posts, read 685,216 times
I dropped a brick when I read that. Anyone seen the flying pigs yet?

Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,462,424 times
Can you say "Sarcasm"

Limbaugh was being sarcastic and mocking Obama's use of "I, I, I" in his speech last night.

I think Obama DOES deserve praise for this great victory. You're pretty dumb if you think Limbaugh is going to give it to him.

Obama could personally find a cure for cancer and Limbaugh would complain about the negative impact on Oncologist's employment prospects......

Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 PM

26,202 posts, read 48,994,276 times
I hope Limbaugh is sincere, as I surely believe the President deserves great credit for stepping up the drone attacks in late 2009 to put the screws to Al Queda, stressing them to where we got increasing amounts of intel, which he put to good use on Sunday.

But I suspect what Limbaugh is doing is isolating Obama so that Al Queda targets him, and him alone, for revenge.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,066,468 times
It's evident that the OP did not listen to Rush today.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,797,656 times
I expected exactly that.
Sure make the hyper-partisan left
look like fools for implying that
conservatives would be displeased
with the demise of UBL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies